P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Yes, I gave a shout out for Avril a few days ago too.  Fingers crossed she’s just a bit bored with the board, as it were, and will drop in soon

I’ve had a mixed week, starting horribly with the loss of my other cat, just a few weeks after his “brother”.  He went downhill so rapidly you can’t help wondering about ‘broken heart’ etc.  

Anyway, after that we thought it would be good to get away, so we’ve been at the caravan.  Had some glorious sunny days and high temperatures but also some fierce ‘sea breezes’ 💨 💨 💨 

Dentist tomorrow, so we’ve made our way back.  They phoned on Friday to confirm I was still OK but said my dentist had been off all week with 🦠.  Eek!  I’m very pleased that the very small surgery room has two HEPA filters.  Hope they do their job - assuming she has a clear lft and is able to return to work

Happy holidays, to those who’re away/going away.  Get well soon to anyone currently unwell.  Hope to hear from Avril

Sorry to read about your cat. Sincere condolences. It’s so hard, we lost Charlie in Feb 2021, but then we took Oscar from the Cats Protection in April 2021 and I’ve collected him today from the cattery after our Iona sailing. As usual he’s spent a couple of hours ‘scolding’ us loudly for sending him away for 10 days!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Those are beautiful photos of Iona. Thanks for sharing.

Have heard that my daughter, her Husband and my granddaughter have been in bed quite ill since yesterday.  Only my granddaughter is testing positive, but it must be the same for the others  .My granddaughter is 18 and is quite poorly.  They are keeping a close eye on her.

I feel a bit helpless as I am banned.  They know we are away next week, and I wasn't planning on going anywhere till then.  I offered to help but they are very adamant we get on the cruise safely.   We will facetime.   With other things going on, they are having a very rough time of it lately.. they just don't deserve it all.  Hopefully happier times are ahead.

We nipped down to the Leas at Minster on Sea  earlier to watch Ambience go by.  She looked very tiny after going on Iona!,   Having seen her we are now getting a bit excited.(We did a Graham and bought cheeseburgers and chips while we ship and people watched😅)

Prayers for your daughter,her husband and your granddaughter that they are feeling better soon.

My McDonalds choice is barbecue chicken Wrap.

4°C and raining here on the North East coast.

Lunch yesterday in the garden.

IMG_20220424_132236.jpg

• Like 6

Morning ,hope everyone's doing ok and nice to see a few old posters back and noted 

that Sea Jane has liked a post ,so hopefully is doing ok :classic_love:

Looking through last weeks posts I see that our cruise buddies were sharing such tips 

as taking the battery operated tea lights to guide them to the loo in the unearthly hours

after a good night on the drink or those boxes or bottles of wine you brought with you.

That then brought the topic around to cork screws . Even I take one on board  and we 

don't ever drink wine :classic_unsure: (To be fair it is attached to a bottle opener) As discussed by 

some ,a lot of wine bottles are screw top but some are not ,so it's handy to have a corkscrew 

with you when your cruising . There are lots of shapes and sizes when it comes to corkscrews 

I thought the one below could be handy for some of you .

Have a nice day and keep safe everyone :classic_smile::classic_love:

60132.jpg.f678e83500393211f9a04a1abce4312a.jpg 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning ,hope everyone's doing ok and nice to see a few old posters back and noted 

that Sea Jane has liked a post ,so hopefully is doing ok :classic_love:

Looking through last weeks posts I see that our cruise buddies were sharing such tips 

as taking the battery operated tea lights to guide them to the loo in the unearthly hours

after a good night on the drink or those boxes or bottles of wine you brought with you.

That then brought the topic around to cork screws . Even I take one on board  and we 

don't ever drink wine :classic_unsure: (To be fair it is attached to a bottle opener) As discussed by 

some ,a lot of wine bottles are screw top but some are not ,so it's handy to have a corkscrew 

with you when your cruising . There are lots of shapes and sizes when it comes to corkscrews 

I thought the one below could be handy for some of you .

Have a nice day and keep safe everyone :classic_smile::classic_love:

60132.jpg.f678e83500393211f9a04a1abce4312a.jpg 

I also take a corkscrew with us because we like the occasional glass of wine on the balcony on sunny sea days.  I leave it in my make-up bag so that I always know where it is.

• Like 2

Morning all.

Well I've finally  managed to surface from almost a month of nothing but illness (covid) all of us, one after the other, injury (Frank's back and hips), and depression (me), is it any wonder? our home has been like an A&E department. Anyway we're all on the mend, so I hopefully it's all behind us now🙏

I skimmed through some posts when I could but didn't have the energy and/or interest to reply. I'm sorry, and thank you for your concern, it did help.

So to all who are going away, have a lovely time, and to those who have been, I hope you had a lovely holiday.

Pete, the video of Iona leaving Alesund is lovely and has ressurected my desire to visit Norway.

Eddie, I'm sorry to learn about the loss of your second cat so soon after losing your first. They aren't pets they're family, and the pain of loss is the same. 

I'm just catching up on some washing, and I must try to tackle the inch thick layer of dust in the lounge later.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're up to, and above all, stay safe and well. x

Avril

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Well I've finally  managed to surface from almost a month of nothing but illness (covid) all of us, one after the other, injury (Frank's back and hips), and depression (me), is it any wonder? our home has been like an A&E department. Anyway we're all on the mend, so I hopefully it's all behind us now🙏

I skimmed through some posts when I could but didn't have the energy and/or interest to reply. I'm sorry, and thank you for your concern, it did help.

So to all who are going away, have a lovely time, and to those who have been, I hope you had a lovely holiday.

Pete, the video of Iona leaving Alesund is lovely and has ressurected my desire to visit Norway.

Eddie, I'm sorry to learn about the loss of your second cat so soon after losing your first. They aren't pets they're family, and the pain of loss is the same. 

I'm just catching up on some washing, and I must try to tackle the inch thick layer of dust in the lounge later.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're up to, and above all, stay safe and well. x

Avril

I'm sure it makes us all happy to read your all safe and well :classic_love: 

Take it easy and care Avril:classic_smile:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Avril

Nice to hear from you Avril.

I'm sorry to hear you have had an awful month of illness but hopefully you are both feeling a lot better now and you both  make a full recovery.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Avril

Good to hear from you, Avril, and sorry it’s not been good for you all. Hope you’re fully recovered very soon.

A word of advice, though - forget the dust. Just pretend it’s extra insulation!  😉

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Avril

Good too see you back, but sorry hear that you have all been so poorly and hope you are all on the mend.  Just take it easy and don't try to do too much too soon - housework will still be there tomorrow, or the day after, . . .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Avril

Glad to see you are on the mend and starting to feel better!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good to hear from you, Avril, and sorry it’s not been good for you all. Hope you’re fully recovered very soon.

A word of advice, though - forget the dust. Just pretend it’s extra insulation!  😉

Agree strongly

Particularly about the dust.  Here’s one of my favourite poems, from Rose Milligan

3FD7556B-6303-40C1-9292-EFECD0DC3AC9.thumb.webp.a4730b73231e04654cc4b394776a76c4.webp

Could you and Frank get away for a bit of a break Avril?  Find a nice self-catering place somewhere you fancy and get a good local taxi or private hire company to transport you?  We all need a change sometimes and you certainly deserve a break

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Avril

It’s good to see you posting again Avril & glad you are both ok

Michelle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Just take it easy and don't try to do too much too soon - housework will still be there tomorrow, or the day after, .

Mum would say 'The dust will still be there when you're not. Sprinkle some salt on it, it'll keep' The problem is, it annoys me almost as much as seeing dishes left on the draining board🙄

Avril

• Like 4

It was a lovely sunny morning but less so now.  My grocery delivery arrived with just one substitute - the 1litre of cooking oil I thought I’d better order, as I’m getting low, was unavailable … so they sent me a 3 litre bottle!  I don’t deep fry, so I guess that’ll do me for the rest of the year, if not longer.  

Then the dentist (who was off with 🦠 last week).  Eek.  Hopefully she is properly clear of it.  She said it just felt like a cold & she feels fully recovered.  Of all the things which are impossible in a mask, having dental work must be near the top of the list.  Anyway, that’s done and the local anaesthetic has almost worn off.  My scrambled egg eating at lunchtime was not a pretty sight

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

Happy dog

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Avril

Good to see you back Avril.  Don't overdo things just because you are feeling a bit better.  Remember the housework will still be there tomorrow so don't think that all needs to be done today"

Take care and stay well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning all.

Avril

Welcome back Avril, glad to hear you are bearing up. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Mum would say 'The dust will still be there when you're not. Sprinkle some salt on it, it'll keep' The problem is, it annoys me almost as much as seeing dishes left on the draining board🙄

Avril

Leave it a few days, it will be just as easy to clean up. Nice to see you are recovering. It took us about 3 weeks, but then again ,I have been knackered since 1971.🤣

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Good to see you back Avril.  Don't overdo things just because you are feeling a bit better.  Remember the housework will still be there tomorrow so don't think that all needs to be done today"

Take care and stay well.

+1bro.

• Like 2

Hi all,a busy 7 days ahead.We go to Basingstoke to see SIL for 2 days and then a long weekend on the IOW for a caravan holiday with our son and daughter and our grandkids.Problem is our car is in Italy so trip to Stansted tomorrow for a hire car,it is 100 quid dearer to hire locally so bus pass to Stratford and 11 quid National Express from there.Call me a tight git,I don't care,got all the time in the world,lol.PS my bus pass includes the tube here so not too bad.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,a busy 7 days ahead.We go to Basingstoke to see SIL for 2 days and then a long weekend on the IOW for a caravan holiday with our son and daughter and our grandkids.Problem is our car is in Italy so trip to Stansted tomorrow for a hire car,it is 100 quid dearer to hire locally so bus pass to Stratford and 11 quid National Express from there.Call me a tight git,I don't care,got all the time in the world,lol.PS my bus pass includes the tube here so not too bad.

Have a good time making family memories , tight  git :classic_wink::classic_smile: All keep safe :classic_love:

• Haha 2