P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, davecttr said:

As my cruise on the 21st approaches I have a Boots repeat prescription to collect but don't want to do so before the day before embarkation LFT test in case I get infected collecting the prescription. Of course FAQ's don't give the answer and the pharmacy never answers the phone. Does anyone know how long will a made up prescription be held for collection in Boots?

I don’t know how long they will keep a prescription but if it’s the Hempstead Valley Boots I am happy to collect it for you on Thursday or Friday, I have one of my own to collect too. I’m just not sure how we could swap contact details privately on here?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ardennais said:

The app is clearly working for you which is great - as long as they don’t expect everyone to be able to use it! An uncle of mine recently had a knee replacement, no issue with the op. But the physio has been terrible. Just a telephone consultation which was difficult as he’s hard of hearing. The physio asked him to set up a system similar to Facetime which my uncle was unable to do, having no smart phone or reliable mobile signal. So basically no aftercare and really giving vague reasons when my cousin phoned to beg for something better. 

I surprised myself been able to use the app. It certainly wouldn’t be for everyone, my mum doesn’t use a mobile phone at all. She has one but just doesn’t use it as she has macular degeneration and finds it too difficult visually. 

Michelle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I don’t know how long they will keep a prescription but if it’s the Hempstead Valley Boots I am happy to collect it for you on Thursday or Friday, I have one of my own to collect too. I’m just not sure how we could swap contact details privately on here?

You could meet him on the corner at 12.00 wearing a trilby hat and carrying a copy of the Times,him not you by the way.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Doh! A senior moment for me last night. I panicked and dismissed collection because everyone around here is either ill or on holiday. Thanks for the offer Sarah however the prescription might not be ready until the weekend as I will submit the request form to the GP this morning. Early because my present tablets run out on the 22nd, when I am half way up the North Sea. My friendly neighbour is returning from holiday tomorrow and she often visits Hempstead Valley.

With the large number of CCers who live around here we could end up with a Trilby and Times convention 😁

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Doh! A senior moment for me last night. I panicked and dismissed collection because everyone around here is either ill or on holiday. Thanks for the offer Sarah however the prescription might not be ready until the weekend as I will submit the request form to the GP this morning. Early because my present tablets run out on the 22nd, when I am half way up the North Sea. My friendly neighbour is returning from holiday tomorrow and she often visits Hempstead Valley.

With the large number of CCers who live around here we could end up with a Trilby and Times convention 😁

Ok. You know where I am (well virtually anyway 😂) if your neighbour can’t get it for you.

I have some tablets that run out near the end of the cruise, I asked the doc for 2 months worth and I was only given one so I need to get that sorted this week.

• Like 1

A nice sunny morning here, the washing is out on the line and OH has instructions to bring it in when it is dry or if the weather changes.  I have quite a full day, craft group at 10:00, meeting up with 5 friends for lunch at 12:15 which usually means a long afternoon,.  I have just had a call from the Monday bowling captain asking if I can help out and play tonight because her team is short due to injuries.  I knew about one of the ladies being taken to hospital with a dislocated knee last week but I hadn't realised that 2 others were out of action too.

Have a good day and take care everyone whatever you are doing today.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

A nice sunny morning here, the washing is out on the line and OH has instructions to bring it in when it is dry or if the weather changes.  I have quite a full day, craft group at 10:00, meeting up with 5 friends for lunch at 12:15 which usually means a long afternoon,.  I have just had a call from the Monday bowling captain asking if I can help out and play tonight because her team is short due to injuries.  I knew about one of the ladies being taken to hospital with a dislocated knee last week but I hadn't realised that 2 others were out of action too.

Well it sounds like you have a busy and interesting day ahead. Have a lovely time and hope you win tonight 

Michelle

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

They should take up ice hockey,sounds safer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Ok. You know where I am (well virtually anyway 😂) if your neighbour can’t get it for you.

I have some tablets that run out near the end of the cruise, I asked the doc for 2 months worth and I was only given one so I need to get that sorted this week.

I have that problem as well with 5 medications. For two of them I have a few weeks spare supply  but the rest are tight. Having a spare blister pack would be good but no go from the GP.

Was feeling a bit low this morning  but reading through the above posts has made me laugh! One of the many good things about this site😄

Hope everyone is feeling well/on the road to recovery.

Not sure what our weather is going to do today, it was sunny and then the mist has come in off the sea. Hopefully it will clear up again and be a sunny.

• Like 5

Morning all, hope everyone is feeling good :classic_smile:

Nice to read people are getting out in this nice weather while it lasts.

I would like to think we can all relax but how can we when our wives are leaving us 

unattended and with instructions as well :classic_ohmy: Us men were not built for such complexities

in our lives and dread the thought of getting it wrong .

A bit dramatic you might say but I have living proof we get things wrong . Every morning 

more often than not I am the first one up in our house. So I go around opening the living

room curtains ,such a simple task ,anyone can do it ...Wrong !  

Since retirement I have began to notice Mrs K gets up greets me with a "Morning "  then 

goes on to inspect the curtains !   She then will adjust them a few millimeters open or 

closed to her satisfaction . I have come to the conclusion I am useless at opening a pair

of curtains , so I dread to think about things like detailed instructions on how to bring 

the washing in :classic_unsure:

Hope it stays nice for everyone ,have a good day :classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

I would like to think we can all relax but how can we when our wives are leaving us 

unattended and with instructions as well :classic_ohmy: Us men were not built for such complexities

A bit dramatic you might say but I have living proof we get things wrong . Every morning 

more often than not I am the first one up in our house. So I go around opening the living

Since retirement I have began to notice Mrs K gets up greets me with a "Morning "  then 

goes on to inspect the curtains !   She then will adjust them a few millimeters open or 

closed to her satisfaction . I have come to the conclusion I am useless at opening a pair

of curtains , so I dread to think about things like detailed instructions on how to bring 

Ah yes.  The Trials and Tribulations of the Newly Retired Married Man.😁😉

Avril

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, kalos said:

My husband will only put the washing out on the line if I promise not to comment on how he’s doing it and don’t re-hang any of the clothes he’s done 😂 😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

50 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

My husband will only put the washing out on the line if I promise not to comment on how he’s doing it and don’t re-hang any of the clothes he’s done 😂 😇

What it is about washing lines?  I'm the one who does the washing 99% of the time.  And 100% of the time The Ole Lady re-hangs at least some of it. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I find it a great excuse for sitting around doing nowt. No point if it is going to be wrong, I mean how do you hang out a towel the wrong way up? Here are a few more things to ponder;

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard when he lives in the jungle without a razor?
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?
Why do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they know there is not enough?
Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
Whose idea was it to put an 'S' in the word 'lisp'?
What is the speed of darkness?
Why is it that people say they 'slept like a baby' when babies wake up every two hours?
If the temperature is zero outside today and it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?
Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
Did you ever stop and wonder.......
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, 'I think I'll squeeze
these pink dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?'
Who was the first person to say, 'See that chicken there... I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta it's bum.'
Why do toasters always have a setting so high that could burn the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their bum when they ask where the bathroom is?
Why does your Gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway?
Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs !
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
Stop singing and read on......
Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?
Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive faster?
Do you ever wonder why you added me on facebook
  • Haha 14

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I find it a great excuse for sitting around doing nowt. No point if it is going to be wrong, I mean how do you hang out a towel the wrong way up? Here are a few more things to ponder;

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard when he lives in the jungle without a razor?
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?
Why do banks charge a fee on 'insufficient funds' when they know there is not enough?
Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
Whose idea was it to put an 'S' in the word 'lisp'?
What is the speed of darkness?
Why is it that people say they 'slept like a baby' when babies wake up every two hours?
If the temperature is zero outside today and it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?
Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
Did you ever stop and wonder.......
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, 'I think I'll squeeze
these pink dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?'
Who was the first person to say, 'See that chicken there... I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta it's bum.'
Why do toasters always have a setting so high that could burn the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their bum when they ask where the bathroom is?
Why does your Gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway?
Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs !
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
Stop singing and read on......
Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?
Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive faster?
Do you ever wonder why you added me on facebook

You forgot to add ‘Why does a grown man/lady spend so much time typing questions we cannot answer.’ 😇🥴🤔

• Haha 4

Our friends Nick and Elaine from Boston are back out in Calabria for Nick.s 60th.They posted a video of them with a bunch of other Brits we know singing "That's Amore" tingalinging on the wine bottles with their spoons at our favourite restaurant.We'll be back there in 2 weeks.can't wait.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

All new houses there now Tom, will post some pics when I get chance.

Yes spent 30 yrs working at the fire station down the road and visited there on a regular basis. Unfortunately a sign of the times and everyone deserves their retirement. Dont visit Stoke-on-Trent so very hard to get decent oatcakes in Stone except those horrible cardboard ones they sell in the supermarkets.

46 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I find it a great excuse for sitting around doing nowt. No point if it is going to be wrong, I mean how do you hang out a towel the wrong way up?

That's it Phil,  you have done the right thing ,sit still and chances are you can do no wrong to upset our ladies.  Mrs K is upstairs , not sure what she's doing as I like to keep out of the way.

Ten minutes ago she shouted down "Can you put the kettle on ? "  Of course I shouted  back up to her. That's easy flick that little switch but make sure there's water in the kettle ..

She hasn't shouted any further instructions as yet, so I think I will sit tight until then . Maybe when she has finished the housework upstairs she may come down and make us both a nice cuppa . That would be nice wouldn't it ? :classic_unsure:

It's not easy this being retired but I think I'm getting there :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

OMG *this*.....I actually have itchy fingers wanting to rearrange the clothes on the line.I try not to look 😳 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2