P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Well our Robbie has just finished at the Vale Park .. could hear it from 2 miles away. Have to say Angels was fab and you could hear the crowd singing along. Now we just need to hear a crowd like that at a match on a Saturday !

Think we had the better deal tonight though folks ... even if it was from the bedroom window!!! 

• Like 2

We very much enjoyed the concert last night, the production was outstanding, I was looking forward to seeing Queen with Adam Lambert again and they didn’t disappoint. Never was a Diana Ross fan, but at aged 78 she gave a good performance. Duran Duran took me back a bit as I remember them as the house band in the Rum Runner in Birmingham in 1980 just before their first hit. 

Also like some of the newer artists performing, such as George Ezra & Celeste.

The speech from the Duke of Cambridge was powerful and I know from my own children and grandchildren they won’t accept the status quo in respect of the environment.

As for the Queen, once again she showed she has a wonderful sense of humour opening the event with tea with Paddington Bear and tapping Will Will Rock you on the spoons. 

I am no great royalist, but you have to admire her achievements over the last 70 years. 

And now time for a marmalade sandwich. 

• Like 19

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice to see Diana Ross.

I was never a fan of Miss Ross but I was sad to think that time has not been kind to her because she was such a big presence in our younger days, I much preferred The Three Degrees.  Immediately after Diana Ross went off our phone rang and it was my friend Barbara saying that she was obviously right 50 years ago otherwise it would have been Sheila Ferguson taking part in the concert. 🤣

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I was never a fan of Miss Ross but I was sad to think that time has not been kind to her because she was such a big presence in our younger days, I much preferred The Three Degrees.  Immediately after Diana Ross went off our phone rang and it was my friend Barbara saying that she was obviously right 50 years ago otherwise it would have been Sheila Ferguson taking part in the concert. 🤣

I am a Tamla Motown and soul fan and liked the Three Degree's too.

8°C and cloudy here this morning with showers expected but hopefully after we get home from church.

Graham 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

Morning everyone, cloudy and breezy here this morning. There is a big picnic by us at Fairhaven Lake today so I hope the weather improves a bit. Final day of celebrations at Ashton Gardens too with a fun dog show today. 

I enjoyed the concert last night, Queen were best in my opinion, the crowd looked like they were enjoying themselves. Diversity were good too. Diana Ross…. mmmm….not quite so good but considering her age  well she was good really. 

Well I took my Jubilee Trifle to the street party yesterday and it all was eaten so I just hope no-one was ill later.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 12

Our family all enjoyed the concert, Queen were fantastic and the guy from Eurovision was excellent, you’d think he’d been playing huge concerts for years! 
Diana Ross made me nervous, I thought she was going to fall down the steps or have her dress blow up round her neck. 

The Queen and Paddington Bear sketch was priceless, shows what a sense of humour the Queen has and that she doesn’t take herself too seriously.

• Like 12

I just thought it was heart warming to see so many people enjoying themselves and celebrating our nation.  Everything seems so divisive these days and there is so much negativity, albeit quite right to highlight those too.  But at the appropriate time and place.

The staging and special effects were absolutely spectacular imo - we enjoyed some stellar performances, were interested to be introduced to some acts we didn't know and winced a little at some acts but that didn't detract from the party atmosphere.   It was just refreshing to have a focus on positives rather than the negatives and see so many people in good spirits.  Gave me a feel good evening anyway.

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Our family all enjoyed the concert, Queen were fantastic and the guy from Eurovision was excellent, you’d think he’d been playing huge concerts for years! 
Diana Ross made me nervous, I thought she was going to fall down the steps or have her dress blow up round her neck. 

The Queen and Paddington Bear sketch was priceless, shows what a sense of humour the Queen has and that she doesn’t take herself too seriously.

I totally agree with all you said Sarah…..

How are you feeling today?

Gill

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

How are you feeling this morning?  I hope that you are better.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

It was just refreshing to have a focus on positives rather than the negatives and see so many people in good spirits. 

Spot on Kruzze , after 2019 and the people lost to the dreaded .. we took it for what it was

"Thank you" to the Queen . I'm just glad Diana kept well away from the band didn't trip over,

as if she fell into them it could have caused a bit of a chain reaction :classic_unsure: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

Spot on Kruzze , after 2019 and the people lost to the dreaded .. we took it for what it was

"Thank you" to the Queen . I'm just glad Diana kept well away from the band didn't trip over,

as if she fell into them it could have caused a bit of a chain reaction :classic_unsure: 

😆 Can rely on you to make me smile. 🤗 You have a fantastic knack of finding puns, humour and ability to play on words. 👍

Exactly my sentiments too.  Irrespective of political or monarchist views, I found it to be an expression of what binds us together-  and I found that very heart warming. 

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 7

52 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I totally agree with all you said Sarah…..

How are you feeling today?

Gill

48 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

How are you feeling this morning?  I hope that you are better.

I’m feeling ‘delicate’ but much better than I was, thank you.

My husband and daughter made the Swiss roll, chocolate bark and coulis for the trifle yesterday and my husband is assembling it now, I’ve been banished from the kitchen. Just as well, as anything orangey is turning me green at the moment 🥴

• Like 6

It was just great so see so many people down the Mall enjoying themselves.

My daughter wandered round London yesterday and said the atmosphere was 'magic' and she wouldn't have missed that for anything.

Loved Adam Lambert and Queen.. I think I could become a fan!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I’m feeling ‘delicate’ but much better than I was, thank you.

My husband and daughter made the Swiss roll, chocolate bark and coulis for the trifle yesterday and my husband is assembling it now, I’ve been banished from the kitchen. Just as well, as anything orangey is turning me green at the moment 🥴

Glad you are feel a bit better, hopefully better again by tomorrow 

Michelle

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

I just thought it was heart warming to see so many people enjoying themselves and celebrating our nation.  Everything seems so divisive these days and there is so much negativity, albeit quite right to highlight those too.  But at the appropriate time and place.

Still too much discrimination around IMHO.🤣2035618233_IMG_20220605_1411122.thumb.jpg.4810bc4f64215c8852376ca8100b0af7.jpg

• Like 3

To get back to serious issues,  you may recall that I wondered what the tiny roasting tin from Lakeland could be used for.  

And the answer is: stuffing balls !

And please - no comments about their irregular size and rotundity (what a great word that is ! )

IMG_20220605_174655146.jpg

Edited by wowzz
  • Haha 10