P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Looks very nice where was that.

The Black Lake Inn at Meir Heath.  We have never had a bad meal there.

They do the best vegetarian lasagna that I have ever had, I nearly always get it when I am out with my friends in the evening.

Edited by Josy1953

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is raining and 14°C.

Sad day today as it is 14 years since Pauline's lovely dad died.

We will call at the remembrance room at the crematorium later to leave a message and see his name in the book of remembrance.

My wife's father died 38 years ago yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

You can bet your life on the great British weather cant you? My good lady has arranged for her dance troupe (approx. 15 people) to descend on us for a garden party and bbq and at the beginning of the week Saturday had the best forecast ,sunny with light winds , what do we have? Heavy intermittent showers and not a chance of sunshine breaking through this cloud ,and not overly warm either 

Luckily some years ago I came to  realise that if you plan anything outdoors in the summer it will nearly always rain so built a large permanent undercover area with seating for around ten , so if everybody turns up , and they will knowing them as I do , some had better bring brollies and waterproofs!!!!! 

There are times (quite a lot actually )when we wished we lived in the Med, Italy would do us fine 

• Like 3

Weather here in Lincs. similar - let's hope it improves for you by this afternoon.

I hesitate to ask, but, Graham, was the afternoon tea on the same day as the fish and chips lunch?  If so you both have much more active metabolism than me!  Maybe you took a 5 mile walk in between.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Weather here in Lincs. similar - let's hope it improves for you by this afternoon.

I hesitate to ask, but, Graham, was the afternoon tea on the same day as the fish and chips lunch?  If so you both have much more active metabolism than me!  Maybe you took a 5 mile walk in between.

Thank you.

It was Pauline's late dad's 14th memory yesterday.

We visited a lovely town in North Yorkshire where we had lunch then later we went to a large farm shop and enjoyed the cream scones later that afternoon.

I took Pauline's dad about 20 years ago to a military museum in the town which he enjoyed.

When we got home we just had some fruit and a cuppa.

IMG-20220729-WA0003.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

Morning everyone,  hope you are all keeping well.

We've had rain overnight. It's a bit breezy, warm but very humid/sticky. I can see some blue sky as the clouds are trying to break up, but don't expect it to be sunny.

Busy day ahead - I've been over to Penzance to collect my Tesco order, called in at Sainsburys to pick up an order from Argos, then some bits from  B&M and back home now with a cuppa.

We were given a lot of strawberries earlier on in the week, so have made jam with most of them, but ran out of jam jars, so am intending to make strawberry ice cream with the remainer soon. I'm working this afternoon so need to get some ironing done as I need a clean blouse. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

It was Pauline's late dad's 14th memory yesterday.

We visited a lovely town in North Yorkshire where we had lunch then later we went to a large farm shop and enjoyed the cream scones later that afternoon.

I took Pauline's dad about 20 years ago to a military museum in the town which he enjoyed.

When we got home we just had some fruit and a cuppa.

IMG-20220729-WA0003.jpg

Looks like Richmond Graham

• Like 1

It's pretty gloomy here today, it is only19° and the forecast is for showers which I am desperately hoping don't appear this afternoon because I am bowling.  I had intended to stay home but our captain has just called and asked if I will play because otherwise he will have to call off the game because 2 other players have called to say that they are feeling unwell.  I hope that I get an easy game because although I no longer have covid I am still feeling a bit lethargic.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Looks like Richmond Graham

It would be nice if peeps put names to nice pics.Adds to our possible bucket list of towns to visit.When I worked in Dundee,I used to drive past a sign saying "welcome to Richmondshire" on the A1.Never heard of it at the time,that was back in 1997.

1 hour ago, Jason Maine said:

What's it like living in a caravan site then ?

Often wondered if its similar to the what the Americans call a Trailer Park.

just curious.

My DW's sister lives on a Park Home development.  Her "house" is about 900 sq ft in size, two bedrooms,  study, en suite etc. The development is gated, and only those over 55 can live there. Well kept, very safe and nice and quiet. 

The majority of residents have downsized and by buying at around £220,000 have released equity. 

The downside is that whilst you own the home, you do not own the plot it is sited on. And, unlike bricks and mortar,  the property price tends not to increase that much. As long as you acept that, it seems a good stepping stone between the family home and a retirement home. 

Might consider it ourselves !

• Like 1

Foggy & drizzly here after a lovely day yesterday, forecast looking the same for most of the week, poor campers on the rugby pitch down the road. Made loads of strawberry jam with ds this week after he madly bought loads of reduced strawberries. Had to send out a mad plea on our neighbour message app for jars. Won’t starve for jam anyway this winter! Going for a drive to Clean the breakdiscs & give the car a good run before it’s mot on Monday, hopefully get out of the fog, might pop in to see you @purpleseaif it’s clear your way! 🤣  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Foggy & drizzly here after a lovely day yesterday, forecast looking the same for most of the week, poor campers on the rugby pitch down the road. Made loads of strawberry jam with ds this week after he madly bought loads of reduced strawberries. Had to send out a mad plea on our neighbour message app for jars. Won’t starve for jam anyway this winter! Going for a drive to Clean the breakdiscs & give the car a good run before it’s mot on Monday, hopefully get out of the fog, might pop in to see you @purpleseaif it’s clear your way! 🤣  

Yes it is, we even have patches of blue sky. Not very big mind you!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

It would be nice if peeps put names to nice pics.Adds to our possible bucket list of towns to visit.When I worked in Dundee,I used to drive past a sign saying "welcome to Richmondshire" on the A1.Never heard of it at the time,that was back in 1997.

If you are ever up this way Brian  I would be happy to suggest places to visit like I did previously for another poster.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

You can bet your life on the great British weather cant you? My good lady has arranged for her dance troupe (approx. 15 people) to descend on us for a garden party and bbq and at the beginning of the week Saturday had the best forecast ,sunny with light winds , what do we have? Heavy intermittent showers and not a chance of sunshine breaking through this cloud ,and not overly warm either 

Luckily some years ago I came to  realise that if you plan anything outdoors in the summer it will nearly always rain so built a large permanent undercover area with seating for around ten , so if everybody turns up , and they will knowing them as I do , some had better bring brollies and waterproofs!!!!! 

There are times (quite a lot actually )when we wished we lived in the Med, Italy would do us fine 

Please, please, please, send us some rain down south. Dangerously dry 🔥

Southern Water temporary use ban coming in next week as water supplies are so low. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alpha whiskey said:

Please, please, please, send us some rain down south. Dangerously dry 🔥

Southern Water temporary use ban coming in next week as water supplies are so low. 

Our pleasure ,today there appears to be plenty to go around 

16 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

To say we all moan about p&o website I have to say I’m finding msc a lot worse so far. 

Yes P&O is exemplary by comparison.

The MSC website is really poor right now, I think there may be a technical issue but they should at least have a message to that effect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Wowzz has been noticeably absent for a few weeks now.   Any theories? Hope he is ok. 

Yes he has been quiet for him and I can’t recall that he is on a cruise right now. As you say, I hope he is fine.

There  are few well kent faces missing in action at the moment. Hope they are all just enjoying the good weather

• Like 1