P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Hi all, sorry not been able to read all I’ve missed but wanted to check in.

My Dad was taken into hospital last Saturday night due to bad stomach pains although the ambulance people were more concerned about his racing heart.

It turned out to be an inflamed gall bladder. (GP on telephone consultation prescribed IBS medication 🙄)

So a week of looking after my mum at our house as she’s very unsteady and trooping up to the hospital every afternoon.He came home Friday but he’s so unsteady and really struggles to walk. I say home but he’s come here initially for a couple of days. This morning his heart was really racing so I called an ambulance and he’s been taken in again. Mum and I are sitting here waiting for news and John’s at work. No idea what will happen now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

My Dad was taken into hospital last Saturday night due to bad stomach pains although the ambulance people were more concerned about his racing heart.

It turned out to be an inflamed gall bladder. (GP on telephone consultation prescribed IBS medication 🙄)

So a week of looking after my mum at our house as she’s very unsteady and trooping up to the hospital every afternoon.He came home Friday but he’s so unsteady and really struggles to walk. I say home but he’s come here initially for a couple of days. This morning his heart was really racing so I called an ambulance and he’s been taken in again. Mum and I are sitting here waiting for news and John’s at work. No idea what will happen now.

What a worry for you……

Hoping your Dad is back home again soon.

😘

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh no, sorry to read that Sue! I hope you get news soon and that all is well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh Sue.

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

You did the right thing in calling an ambulance and hopefully they can stabilise his racing heart probably with a beta blocker medication which will need to be taken long term.

Sending you and your mam our love and prayers 🙏 for good news.

Best wishes.

G&P x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Our thoughts are with you. Best wishes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

keeping fingers crossed and sending love xx

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope is feeling better soon and back home

Michelle

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DamianG said:

Coed y Brenin Forest Park, Tyn y Groes this morning.

fdecf95f-c96b-45f0-b46e-e91af0eff45e.JPG

aa9d04f3-82e1-4ee6-8ffa-e7a86d149a11.JPG

f80fdfe9-d211-4942-9ac3-02f0571b15fb.JPG

a0ba2add-91d4-4629-9ccf-6823e82baa91.JPG

Lovely to see your photos Damian, will always remember it was you who started our first photo thread during lockdown which were all very entertaining during that bleak period. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry to hear this Sue, my own dad was taken into hospital while we were away so I can empathize with what you're going through to some extent. My sincere best wishes to you and your family.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh Sue, so sorry to hear about this - what an awful time you've had lately.

Take care and hope things improve for your Dad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Been at work all afternoon, so just catching up.

Sorry to read this Sue, hope he gets better soon. Thinking of you both.

• Thanks 1

Aching a bit this evening have spent a great deal time stripping the paint off garage window, which as flaked off after just 18 months, do needs to be done again so back down to bare wood. Also removed loose masonry paint from external rendered walls, and sanded garage doors in readiness for re-staining. Have chosen new paint for walls an Olive Green colour after 10 years time for a change. 

Tomorrow will prime the window frame plus a trip to either B&Q or Wickes, depending which I can get best deal on the paint.

Was planning to do this a few weeks ago, but the extreme heat put a stop to that, but the next week looks dry so might get much of it done over next 5 days or so.

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

You said Pauline didn't like to cook. but it appears that she can. Is this the start of something great.,😁

Is making a salad actually cooking ?

How about adding a few new potatoes tossed in olive oil, garlic and rosemary ?

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Is making a salad actually cooking ?

How about adding a few new potatoes tossed in olive oil, garlic and rosemary ?

You bet it's cooking. Eggs. Chicken. Prawns. Well done Pauline. And not a baked bean in sight. All those posh meals in the lake district and epicurean have paid off for Graham.😇

• Haha 1

Although we have grey skies it is quite warm so I decided to put the washing out to dry, 5 minutes later the heavens opened and I had to run out to bring it back inside.  My attempt to save electricity by not using the tumble dryer meant that my trousers and top are now being dried in the tumble dryer and I have had to dry and straighten my hair again and I still have to dry everything in the drier so no saving there for me. 🤔🌧

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Last night we discovered just why the seed in the bird feeder mysteriously went down in the hours of darkness. 

DSC_0196.thumb.jpeg.720357e27df461f18fd13cf63b42e3d3.jpeg

It is the squirrels that empty ours on a daily basis but is funny watching them try not to fall off because they are too big to sit on the bars so hang upside down on to the mesh part.  I will try to get a photo of one of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1