P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Silly me - of course the cordless landline will not work for long.  I have got one old fashioned one plus two cordless.   A good idea when you are older, to have one fairly near you all the time.   I suppose most people now only have cordless.  Don't like the sound of digital voice or understand what it is about.  Some kind person will no doubt explain.

Interesting how we will all cope once the lights go out and how much we rely on Technology. If it is a planned outage, you could arrange to all meet up in the coffee shop for..........oh!.😟

• Like 3

I was pleased to have the torch at my bedside when the bedside light went off and left me in complete darkness.  But it is a bit big to lug around all the time for when the power goes off!  Need a tiny one to have one on a lanyard round the neck.  Life should be getting easier, not harder.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I was pleased to have the torch at my bedside when the bedside light went off and left me in complete darkness.  But it is a bit big to lug around all the time for when the power goes off!  Need a tiny one to have one on a lanyard round the neck.  Life should be getting easier, not harder.

You can get tiny little torches that fit on a keyring. We bought a couple in the local garden centre.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Latest you know what jab this morning.  All very efficient at the jab centre.  Had the seasonal flu jab at the weekend so all jabbed up till the next one.

I just had my flu jab for tomorrow cancelled as no available supply. Had to rebook for mid November!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, zap99 said:

Best to avoid all the sad and depressing news. Any tips on how to reheat gruel without any power.

Well... that's really simple... you've just got to go out gathering winter fueeeel!

But even better... if the snow all about is deep and crisp and even... grab a pizza from someone who has a wood burning pizza oven!

Very seriously.... We have a neighbour who BBQs when the snow's falling! Frost, snow, candles... juicy burgers and sausages fresh off the grill... he's always ready, resilient and resourceful! He even uses the snow to chill the beers!

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

That’s awful. Very disappointing for you. I hope you’ll be able to find another way to get one before then.

Thanks Harry. I could get one at beginning of November but (and maybe a silly decision) I didn’t want it within a few days of the other booster. So have 14th November booked now.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

First curry out for literally years.  It was soooo good!

252B73E7-572B-4122-A20E-13731E513517.thumb.jpeg.b7405ac866f191ee734228a2f269c557.jpeg

8288E082-474E-43A8-A118-AEDF982C1F3C.thumb.jpeg.75c6101f91c8b772be23139cb8b9b067.jpeg

Prawns & halibut for me

Duck & chicken for OH

Excellent!

Bit different from the "Halal" in Aldgate,the oldest Ruby in London.Me and my mate used to walk in the kitchen on a friday night and bung Ali the chef a packet of fags and watch him rip off loads of chicken breast  for our Madras.The flames from the pan used to hit the ceiling,,lol.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, lincslady said:

Just to mention my fridge again (boring, I know) - there was only one suitable for under a high placed cupboard - no more than136 cm. - and it was from Currys.  Came promptly, efficient chaps, but it was higher than their measurements, and went in by only about 2 cms.!  If it had not they would have had to take it away.  Food delivery  came later, by which time it was pretty cold.  A big relief, as I prefer not to have to do things like this in a hurry.

Another nice but breezy day here.  I'm avoiding the TV news, too sad and depressing for various reasons.

Hope all you regulars are well and cheerful; it is good for our morale to read  nice upbeat news.

Totally agree with you re the news. I put it on out of habit but often turn it off again because it’s so depressing. Don’t get me wrong I’m worried about prices especially now they’ve said the energy cap will only run to April  but I don’t want to hear about it 24/7!

• Like 3

We have a light drizzle and 15˚C here on the edges of Epsom Downs. So hopefully later today or tomorrow we'll have a walk. The other day we had the first real signs of autumn... glorious crops of mushrooms on old tree stumps. We used to sit under dappled shade of this tree and have a picnic. Now we get excited by the fungi!

image.thumb.jpeg.55edf921b6af57bf4258170e363895cb.jpeg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

We have a light drizzle and 15˚C here on the edges of Epsom Downs. So hopefully later today or tomorrow we'll have a walk. The other day we had the first real signs of autumn... glorious crops of mushrooms on old tree stumps. We used to sit under dappled shade of this tree and have a picnic. Now we get excited by the fungi!

image.thumb.jpeg.55edf921b6af57bf4258170e363895cb.jpeg

Those mushrooms are everywhere at the moment…….

Used to work in Epsom for an oil company and lived not far from there. Lovely area.

• Like 2