P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

18 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Can you all please write in bigger letters, my cold has now made me deaf in both ears 🤧

Sorry I'm still whispering Dave. I don't know how to shout any louder on here so this is the best I can do. I hope you're better soon.

Avril

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

get well soon!

pardon, could you write that again

My left ear was blocked by the return flight from my Canaries cruise last week and did not clear before this stinking cold laid me low, the right ear is now misbehaving as well. The snow is still here and the pavements are lethal but hopefully the forecast continuous deluge from this afternoon with rocketing temperatures will flush the snow away by tomorrow. I must get to Sainsbury's for tea bags and litle xmassy stuff . The big xmas stuff is arriving Friday from Tescos

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, davecttr said:

pardon, could you write that again

My left ear was blocked by the return flight from my Canaries cruise last week and did not clear before this stinking cold laid me low, the right ear is now misbehaving as well. The snow is still here and the pavements are lethal but hopefully the forecast continuous deluge from this afternoon with rocketing temperatures will flush the snow away by tomorrow. I must get to Sainsbury's for tea bags and litle xmassy stuff . The big xmas stuff is arriving Friday from Tescos

We have rain now in south Dorset which is slowly washing the ice and snow away. Lots of seagulls about so suspect weather bad on the coast.

• Like 4

I hope it goes way soon Dave ,let us know if you hear owt :classic_unsure:

Anyone remember last Christmas ? No not the one with lockdown and bubbles !

The Wham one ?  Have a boogy if you like as it's nearly Christmas ,turn the volume up

and annoy the neighbours ..NEARLY FORGOT, I SAID TURN THE VOLUME UP DAVE 😍

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Oh dear, after our walk from the 02 to our Hotel the other night (no taxis available)his Lordship says he has Mans Influmonia and ,unlike him, is still in bed.

Not sure whether to mop his brow,  laugh or make him a bacon sandwich!!!

Try all three. Best to be on the safe side.

Avril

• Like 1

Hello all, not got time to read everything. Having more parents stress which I won’t go into.

we got snow Sunday and it’s not gone, however it’s started to rain and temperatures are meant to rocket tomorrow to 12 degrees!

Been wrapping some presents this morning, I’ll leave most to hubby when he gets home from work as he’s so much neater than me.

Stay warm and safe all.

• Like 5

Dark, wet and cold here, no snow this morning only rain which is slowly washing away the remaining lying snow from a few days ago. Despite temperature said to be 2C it still feels as cold as the last week.

Planning to sit down and watch the World Cup Final at 3, we were in France in 2018 when France won the cup, we had a great time, celebrations went on long into the night and we were made very welcome. 

“Allen Les Bleus”

• Like 1

Right. The Christmas Radio Times has arrived, and a traditionally large 1.9 kilo tin of Quality Street from Amazon. That’s the essentials of Christmas sorted then. 

Anyone else as pleased as we are to see an unexpected one-off feature length return of The Detectorists for Boxing Day?  Almost certainly the highspot of Christmas TV amongst all the usual dross.

Sadly, Netflix won’t be showing Tim Minchin’s Matilda the Musical in the UK until next summer (everywhere else in the world on Christmas Day!), so one disappointed wife unless I sort out a VPN to connect to Netflix US! We saw the stage version in London when it opened and my wife took the grandchildren just before Covid hit - amazing if you get the chance to see it at the cinema, perhaps with younger members of the family.

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, not got time to read everything. Having more parents stress which I won’t go into.

we got snow Sunday and it’s not gone, however it’s started to rain and temperatures are meant to rocket tomorrow to 12 degrees!

Been wrapping some presents this morning, I’ll leave most to hubby when he gets home from work as he’s so much neater than me.

Stay warm and safe all.

Hopefully this helps Sue for your parents.

GetWell2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have just had a visit from my god-daughter with her husband and 14 month old son.  I love seeing them but I like to get my peaceful life back.  They have gone to see nana and granddad now and we have made sure that a little boy is wound up before he gets there and has a noisy toy car to take with him 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Does anyone like their phone reminding them what they were doing more than a year ago ?

My phone just gave me this photo reminder of possibly one of the worst days of my life.  I was sitting in the waiting area at the hospital waiting to have a lumpectomy at a time when you were not allowed to have anyone with you.

I know that many others went through worse experiences but I really hope that I never have to go through another time like that.  I would rather sit for an hour in a crowded waiting room than sit with only my own morbid thoughts.  

Screenshot_20221218-172438_Photos.thumb.jpg.1b1a00f1c7a999ae5280bc588f863f82.jpg

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Does anyone like their phone reminding them what they were doing more than a year ago ?

My phone just gave me this photo reminder of possibly one of the worst days of my life.  I was sitting in the waiting area at the hospital waiting to have a lumpectomy at a time when you were not allowed to have anyone with you.

I know that many others went through worse experiences but I really hope that I never have to go through another time like that.  I would rather sit for an hour in a crowded waiting room than sit with only my own morbid thoughts.  

Screenshot_20221218-172438_Photos.thumb.jpg.1b1a00f1c7a999ae5280bc588f863f82.jpg

We have all lived through 'incredible' times (I can't think of another word). 

It must have been traumatic Josy, but hopefully it will help you to appreciate this Christmas even more than you normally would. Take care and have a lovely Christmas - us folk near Stoke on Trent really do need to arrange that meet up some time at somewhere like Trentham Gardens. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We have all lived through 'incredible' times (I can't think of another word). 

It must have been traumatic Josy, but hopefully it will help you to appreciate this Christmas even more than you normally would. Take care and have a lovely Christmas - us folk near Stoke on Trent really do need to arrange that meet up some time at somewhere like Trentham Gardens. 

Sounds good to me but maybe when it is a little warmer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Sounds good to me but maybe when it is a little warmer.

Sounds good to me too definitely when it is a bit warmer.  I often meet friends at Trentham because it is convenient for all of us.  We are meeting in Capabilitea on Wednesday morning before doing a bit of shopping.

Edited by Josy1953
I can't spell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Mine reminded me 3 years today I was in cardiac care after my heart attack.

• Like 4