P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

28 minutes ago, purplesea said:

And desserts. (I have no idea why this site insists on turning some of the photos upside down. The birthday cake is a 1 and 3 for 13.)

Am now at home enjoying a glass of wine, because as I was driving I wont drink.

20230326_163928.jpg

To be fair, it all looks very good. Glad you all had a good time. Enjoy your wine.😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The way things are going I will need to buy a lot of new clothes before we go on our cruise.

We had a family meal out last night to celebrate having a big 0 birthday  we have been invited out for lunch tomorrow and I am having lunch with 4 friends on Wednesday and I know from past experience that there will be cake at my craft group tomorrow because 2 of us have birthdays this week.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Britboys said:

Fortunately, the one that really matters, my bedside clock/radio changes automatically...

our bedside clock/radio is 25 years old, we have 2 press various buttons to move it forward or back, we keep saying we will replace it, but not got round to it yet. A least haven’t had to change clock in car now for about 8 years, was never s simple job. 

Edited by Snow Hill

48 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

our bedside clock/radio is 25 years old, we have 2 press various buttons to move it forward or back, we keep saying we will replace it, but not got round to it yet. A least haven’t had to change clock in car now for about 8 years, was never s simple job. 

I have a Pure FM/Dab one. Nice & compact and works well.

Good news and bad news today. 

The bad news is that the dish washer decided to have a "moment ". So we had to wash up dirty dishes and cutlery from the last three days.  

Good news  - well, we saw the last two episodes of "Daisy and the Six".  I was surprised that I enjoyed the last two episodes,  as the series drooped in the middle.

And there was a nice emotional twist in the last episode. I must be getting  sentimental in my old age !

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The bad news is that the dish washer decided to have a "moment "

You should pamper her a bit more 😉

PS  I read your bad news statement out to Mrs K

Her response .." A bit like me "   🙂

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

And there was a nice emotional twist in the last episode. I must be getting  sentimental in my old age !

I don't think so wowzz. It must have been delayed shock from washing up.😁

Avril

• Haha 6

Morning all. Nice bright sunny day over most of the UK. Out to Aldi on a click and collect run. As always, better quality than Tesco and considerably cheaper.

Anybody happen to watch the new adaptation of Great Expectations last night?  Extremely good. Best I’ve ever seen, and I’ve watched them all since the 1946 film version. 

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Morning all. Nice bright sunny day over most of the UK. Out to Aldi on a click and collect run. As always, better quality than Tesco and considerably cheaper.

Anybody happen to watch the new adaptation of Great Expectations last night?  Extremely good. Best I’ve ever seen, and I’ve watched them all since the 1946 film version. 

Quite bright and sunny here in N Wales but a few slightly ominous clouds and rather cold when walking the dog this morning. I didn’t watch Great Expectations last night but a TV reviewer on the radio this morning was not very impressed. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Quite bright and sunny here in N Wales but a few slightly ominous clouds and rather cold when walking the dog this morning. I didn’t watch Great Expectations last night but a TV reviewer on the radio this morning was not very impressed. 

Perhaps he read too much into the title.

• Haha 6

18 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Sounds great!  How’s that ankle doing, Brian?

Hi Harry,I'm a bit OCD with my routines,very frustrating.Very painful first couple of days,then when it burst,a bit more relief.Then it went black and blue.This is where Google is not your friend,I was looking up things like necrosis,lol.4th day now on meds,still filling and draining but can walk in crocs or sandals.Looks bad but improving.Hope you've all had brekkie.IMG_20230327_0755204461256.thumb.jpg.0e7e6136cc03dcfd00a2c5a95678801d.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi Harry,I'm a bit OCD with my routines,very frustrating.Very painful first couple of days,then when it burst,a bit more relief.Then it went black and blue.This is where Google is not your friend,I was looking up things like necrosis,lol.4th day now on meds,still filling and draining but can walk in crocs or sandals.Looks bad but improving.Hope you've all had brekkie.IMG_20230327_0755204461256.thumb.jpg.0e7e6136cc03dcfd00a2c5a95678801d.jpg

Brian, I have absolutely no medical knowledge whatsoever, but I'm fortunate to have a wife with a long track record as a nursing sister.  I showed her the photo, and while it's always tricky from photos she's a bit concerned about the way it looks, particularly the swelling.  Please don't take this as interference, but for what it's worth she wondered if you'd got any medical advice beyond the pharmacist?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Good news and bad news today. 

The bad news is that the dish washer decided to have a "moment ". So we had to wash up dirty dishes and cutlery from the last three days.  

Good news  - well, we saw the last two episodes of "Daisy and the Six".  I was surprised that I enjoyed the last two episodes,  as the series drooped in the middle.

All those wine glasses. I hope you dried them up properly.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, brian1 said:

The thing that frightens me a bit is when your GP Googles your symptoms.

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Brian, I have absolutely no medical knowledge whatsoever, but I'm fortunate to have a wife with a long track record as a nursing sister.  I showed her the photo, and while it's always tricky from photos she's a bit concerned about the way it looks, particularly the swelling.  Please don't take this as interference, but for what it's worth she wondered if you'd got any medical advice beyond the pharmacist?

Thanks Harry,believe it or not it was a lot worse 2 days ago especially with all the black,blue and dark redness. the swelling was a lot worse also.That's why I was googling horror scenarios.It's just a bit sore now but can walk without limping.2.5 days of meds left.will see how it goes,thanks again,Brian.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

and then looks up the appropriate medication in a book😒

Avril

When In was but a lad I caught something nasty and ended up in hospital for a month. After a couple of weeks in a NHS single room I was transferred to a general ward. The bloke in the bed next to me was a retired doctor ... a 100+ year old retired doctor. When the rounds were done he would prescribe for himself half a dozen "medications".... each one was an alcoholic spirit. When the Registrar protested and explained that it would be bad for his health... the robust reply was... "Well at least I won't die before my 100th Birthday!" The good doctor got his medication!

• Like 4