P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Have had a chat with my consultant and it is not all good news. My brian tumour is growing back and have agreed to have radiation treatment before it grows any larger to save going through surgery again. Am now waiting for an oncologist to contact me in a day or two. 

On the brighter side, I am heading out to meet my friend for coffee and among other things talk about the cruise we have coming up, as we have discovered we are on the same one. 

Oh no. Sorry to hear that news.

Enjoy your coffee and catch up with your friend and I suggest a rather large piece of cake. 😘

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Have had a chat with my consultant and it is not all good news.

So gutted to read your news , hope the treatment sorts it soon and before you know

it ,you and your friend will be having good times on that cruise ship 😉

Best wishes ,and take care 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Have had a chat with my consultant and it is not all good news. My brian tumour is growing back and have agreed to have radiation treatment before it grows any larger to save going through surgery again. Am now waiting for an oncologist to contact me in a day or two. 

On the brighter side, I am heading out to meet my friend for coffee and among other things talk about the cruise we have coming up, as we have discovered we are on the same one. 

So sorry Pam. If I lived any nearer I'd come over and give you a big hug. Sending a virtual one instead. Jane xxx

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just glanced out the window & spotted a rat 😱 luckily the dog was asleep! Funny one today dh has gone off on work training ( new lathe thingy) over night only in Devon, but feels a bit strange. Now what time shall we start the party, byo booze, have peanuts no twiglets.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hi all, just catching up on here. So sad to hear your news Pam, hope the treatment is swift and successful. Similarly hope your dad recovers soon Sandra. It reminded just how good this forum has been for me to share my woes in the past and how it really helped getting things off my chest. I hope that you both have some comfort knowing the virtual support that you have on here.

Last month I told the tale of my train delays for my regular visit to our office in London. Well, last Friday couldn't be more different as I went door to door in under 3 hours in the morning (even with an allowance for the taxi being late) and got home in 3 hours 20 minutes. I picked a great day to be in the office as well since there had been a function the evening before with loads of leftover drinks in the fridge. My team insisted that I take as many as I could carry so I grabbed one of each cocktail for Michelle and some beer for me.

Finally a Kalos style anecdote....

Michelle texted me asking what time my train home got in. Then she texted me again and the message just said "Would you like a lift?"

My reply: "Yes please, the postcode is EC3M 7AF. What time do you think you will get here?"

IMG_2854.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, DamianG said:

My team insisted that I take as many as I could carry so I grabbed one of each cocktail for Michelle and some beer for me.

I noted no energy drinks ,but here's another alternative 😉 

bull.jpg.fc8d87b3cc5b739b51d3553ed119be45.jpg

• Haha 11

4 hours ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to read this news, but glad you are going to see an oncologist quickly and get some treatment.

Have a nice meet up with your friend 

Michelle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear about your tumour, I hope that the radiation treatment works. Enjoy your coffee with your friend and remember coffee tastes better with a cake.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry to hear this Pam.

I hope the radiation treatment works for you.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear your news. It's never easy is it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, purplesea said:

Sorry to hear your news hope all goes well with your treatment

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have been out for another pre-birthday lunch with 3 friends.  I hadn't been to this restaurant since before the pandemic, it was nice to see that the food was still the same high standard.  2 of the others hadn't  been there before but both liked it and one of them has booked for her birthday next month.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 3

The bags are packed and we are ready to go.

My sister call to drop off my birthday present which she told me to open because she was thinking of us cruising and purchased something useful to take with me, a shopping bag and an umbrella .

i am hoping that I dont need the umbrella and DH told her that she should not buy shopping bags because that is  encouraging  me to look in shops and he hates  shopping on holiday

He did say that he agreed with the wording on them 🤣

20230330_113221.thumb.jpg.92b0a03e5e231c8df128f3e8d6058b12.jpg

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

My sister call to drop off my birthday present which she told me to open because she was thinking of us cruising and purchased something useful to take with me, a shopping bag and an umbrella .

i am hoping that I dont need the umbrella and DH told her that she should not buy shopping bags because that is  encouraging  me to look in shops and he hates  shopping on holiday

Have a great holiday 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Are you off on Iona ?

Unconfirmed reports are that she will be docking a little late on Saturday.  Might be worth checking nearer the time