P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

21 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

One down, eight to go!  They last ten years, which may well be longer than I will - a bit like buying your last car!

You would hope so ,we replaced ours but one decided a month or so was enough .

Not much fun when it decided to let us know it was a bad un at 1.30 in the morning ,

better than any alarm clock I can tell you .Replaced and all is well again .

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

You would hope so ,we replaced ours but one decided a month or so was enough .

Not much fun when it decided to let us know it was a bad un at 1.30 in the morning ,

better than any alarm clock I can tell you .Replaced and all is well again .

Good point Kalos. That was what started off my replacement round to be perfectly honest. I was going to change the battery until I noticed the expiry date of the device itself!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I only recently discovered this fact, my son tells me our youngest granddaughter always uses subtitles.

I must admit that on a smart phone it is probably the best way to view most video data.

And another thing, why don't they give you subtitles for the message that they just got on their smartphone......what did it say ?  Don't know, rewind it while I find my reading glasses.😡

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

And Salmon is a smug bloke in Scotland.....Sturgeon ??

Not forgetting that large cod that I just ate with chips and peas and a sausage .

I would have shown you but I forgot to photo it but I can tell you ,it looked  good 

and tasted good and ... Sounds like a Makeson stout advert 🙂

• Like 4

I was dragged to football match today.    My lot support Maidstone United.  Haven't been to one for at least 40 years and it was the first time going somewhere crowded like that in my buggy.  It was against Southend United, in Southend so we were in the minority somewhat.  My brother and nephew are Southend supporters so we couldn't see them during the game.

I loved it, especially the loud drums and chanting, although I think it was probably a good job I couldn't make out the words.

I must mention Southend's stewards who went out of their way to be as helpful as possible and even approached us after we were seated to say if there was anything we wanted just let them know.

The day was rounded off with us all meeting up for dinner.  A good day.

• Like 13

Our neighbours have gone to Florence for 5 days and we're feeding their bunch of semiferal cats.We filled up 5 bowls and they all come running over along with a magpie who commandeered the 5th bowl.Everyone ignored each other,lol.The magpie had to shoo off a dove who tried to join in.Couldn't get close to take photos,amazing.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Fillet steak with peppercorn sauce,melted in the mouth.16euro,why is it 29 quid+ in UK.IMG_20230407_2004156411311.thumb.jpg.e7e914df11004927697fb92787205491.jpgIMG_20230407_2009211451310.thumb.jpg.3e1b76ed361455d1ce39b2600fa309b0.jpg

Usually in the UK, fillet steak comes from cows not the likes of Dobbin or Shergar. 😊

Does look nice though and cooked just about right. Glad you enjoyed it, I am sure I would have done. Nice red to wash it down?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Usually in the UK, fillet steak comes from cows not the likes of Dobbin or Shergar. 😊

Does look nice though and cooked just about right. Glad you enjoyed it, I am sure I would have done. Nice red to wash it down?

LOL,Equino or horse meat is more expensive here than cow.Don't see as much now in supermarkets.

It is actually nice weather here too at present - most unusual for an Easter weekend.  Your beach looks lovely Brian - is it always as empty as this?  All the British ones will be heaving if the weather stays good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It is actually nice weather here too at present - most unusual for an Easter weekend.  Your beach looks lovely Brian - is it always as empty as this?  All the British ones will be heaving if the weather stays good.

Perhaps it's me lol.The Italians still have their coats and scarves on till May.July and August really busy.

Morning everyone ok I hope 🙂

Nice to see @brian1 one feeding the cats (and Magpie) whilst the neighbours are away 😍

Our neighbour has gone away and left us a set of spare keys to feed the dog with .

I've tried but think it's fretting for it's owners as it's refused to eat any of them .🤔

Do you guys do folklore /superstition ?

Why I'm asking ,yesterday being Good Friday one of the old lady's near us put her white

bedding sheets out on the line to dry as it' was a nice sunny day .

Back in the day my gran or mother ,hell would freeze over before they would have put the 

washing out .Same went for New Years Day .

This got me and the Mrs talking about it  and her parents and relatives were exactly the

same and that is why the Mrs also never washes clothes on these days .

Just wondering if any of you abide by this old folk lore ?

Take care 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

LOL,Equino or horse meat is more expensive here than cow.Don't see as much now in supermarkets.

I ate it in France 30+ years ago and quite enjoyed it. Then I found out what it was 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

I ate it in France 30+ years ago and quite enjoyed it. Then I found out what it was 😉

Tried Guinea pig in Peru,yuk.wouldn't eat dog or horse.Used to like Chinese duck dishes but mrs  forbids it now cos she used to feed them on the way to work,I think the same way now.

I’ve been sorting out some travel related tasks the past few days. Paying for our August Iceland and Norway cruise,  renewing our flexplus travel insurance now with the cruise extension seeing as we are cruising for 71 days in the next 10 months! and booked our flights to Cape Town and back from Sydney for our QM2 cruise next February.

For once we have nothing booked after next February, we are normally booked up to 2 years in advance but we haven’t made up our minds what we want to do during the rest of 2024 or early 2025 yet. However we will have been away for 102 days between February 2023 and the end of February 2024 maybe we’ll just have some time at home😊

• Like 2