P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

40 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I used that address to complain regarding the wrong amount of FCC being applied to a booking as I just couldn't resolved promptly with the call centre.

Sorted in less than two weeks.

A few months later, I raised a complaint regarding incidents on Arvia.  Sent it to the usual customer service email address, although I did BCC it to the Executive correspondence just in case.  Took them the 28 days (after taking 3 bank holidays into account) to get back to me with a satisfactory outcome.   Was dealt with by someone at the following email address: arvia.guestsupport@carnivalukgroup.com.

Am guessing if we wanted to ask something specific for Britannia we just replace the arvia bit? Will give it a go and just let them know our concerns. 

Back to Bob Marley now.... 3 little birds on my doorstep .... 😉

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kalos said:

Yes I hope Sharon is on the mend now after such a painful incident .

Also credit where it's due to @Host Hattie for looking after the board as well as her own

Cunard,  on top of her own personal and working life, well done that woman .🙂

Lots of posters seem to have drifted away and I hope @kruzseeka is keeping well.🙂

Thank you Kalos - so kind of you to think of me.  Yes, still lurking - I read the board often and like everyone else really appreciate your musings, giving me many a smile! 🤗

I still post occasionally - mainly if I think I have anything to contribute to a discussion on other threads and also seeking advice/info from fellow travellers (having just booked an Arcadia cruise I'm a bit alarmed by some of what I'm reading about recent reviews about that.😲)  I don't usually add to the general chat thread although I do enjoy reading how everyone is getting on and realize how much the support means to many of you.  It's great that the network is there and so valued.  

Tbh I really don't think I have a lot to say - apart from testing the waters more recently with a couple of cruises, things are pretty quiet here.  And as we don't eat out much no pics of sumptuous meals to add!!!!! 😂  We enjoy getting down to the beach hut (when its not pouring or blowing a hooley) so simple pleasures but there's quite a community down there so it keeps us going - always something to chat about! 😉

Best wishes to all.  You take care Kalos - and keep well. 🤗
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Thank you Kalos - so kind of you to think of me.  Yes, still lurking - I read the board often and like everyone else really appreciate your musings, giving me many a smile! 🤗

I still post occasionally - mainly if I think I have anything to contribute to a discussion on other threads and also seeking advice/info from fellow travellers (having just booked an Arcadia cruise I'm a bit alarmed by some of what I'm reading about recent reviews about that.😲)  I don't usually add to the general chat thread although I do enjoy reading how everyone is getting on and realize how much the support means to many of you.  It's great that the network is there and so valued.  

Tbh I really don't think I have a lot to say - apart from testing the waters more recently with a couple of cruises, things are pretty quiet here.  And as we don't eat out much no pics of sumptuous meals to add!!!!! 😂  We enjoy getting down to the beach hut (when its not pouring or blowing a hooley) so simple pleasures but there's quite a community down there so it keeps us going - always something to chat about! 😉

Nice to hear from you and I'm happy to hear you are well and regularly at your beach hut mixing with friends.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Well you was the first poster who responded to me as a new poster over 12 years ago .

Time fly's by and as Graham said great to hear from you and having fun with your beach hut .

Hope your Arcadia cruise goes well and carefree for you ,great to hear from you .

Best wishes and take care :classic_love:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Nice to hear from you. Glad all is well with you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, kalos said:

Well you was the first poster who responded to me as a new poster over 12 years ago .

Time fly's by and as Graham said great to hear from you and having fun with your beach hut .

Hope your Arcadia cruise goes well and carefree for you ,great to hear from you .

Best wishes and take care :classic_love:

And I bet you that was on the Thompson board 😁. We had some fab cruises with them -  great itineraries, port intensive, well organised fly/cruises often with their own reps/coaches in port and on board - fantastic entertainment (10 different production shows in 2 weeks, showteam doing late live cabarets, sail aways etc) and a Filipino crew like no other!  Fab memories.  Time moves on, products change but we really valued that introduction to cruising.  

We've been happy with P&O for many years now though not immune to the niggles which are often talked about on here.  But it's an 'on balance' decision when selecting a cruise and we're just pleased we can still go!!!! 

Thanks for the good wishes - just got my fingers crossed they've cracked the problem of serving hot meals on Arcadia before we go! 😘

• Like 8

23 hours ago, zap99 said:

So if I am rude to some person trying to scam my money ,I get put in their black list for abusing their staff?. .. Result.

I seem to be on the black list for scammers, answering the phone with “hola quien esta llamando” seems to have made them think it’s a Spaniard answering the phone as we rarely get any scam calls now on the land line. (For non Spanish speakers, that is “Hello, who is calling”) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Gill.

Pauline has been at work today so we will celebrate together tomorrow.

Graham x

Enjoy your day out together should you decide to venture out .

Once again congrats to the pair of you 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I seem to be on the black list for scammers, answering the phone with “hola quien esta llamando” seems to have made them think it’s a Spaniard answering the phone as we rarely get any scam calls now on the land line. (For non Spanish speakers, that is “Hello, who is calling”) 

These scammers really annoy me. My phone is for my use not for them to pester me. We have not had many calls recently as I have a blocker that you can just press a button once you establish it is probably a scammer.

the problem is that new ones always come along and some of them are so plausible. It’s dreadful but I am now so cynical about any unknown callers.

I do like your approach. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

These scammers really annoy me. My phone is for my use not for them to pester me. We have not had many calls recently as I have a blocker that you can just press a button once you establish it is probably a scammer.

the problem is that new ones always come along and some of them are so plausible. It’s dreadful but I am now so cynical about any unknown callers.

I do like your approach. 

On a wet winter’s day a few years ago, I managed to string along one of these “you have had an accident” callers, feeding them fictitious information, they then got wind of what I was doing, I had a load of expletives and then they hung up.. 😂

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

With mobiles I have an android and DW an iPhone. She gets spam calls, I don't.  Even the spammers don't want to speak to me.🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

On a wet winter’s day a few years ago, I managed to string along one of these “you have had an accident” callers, feeding them fictitious information, they then got wind of what I was doing, I had a load of expletives and then they hung up.. 😂

We had  one, I was talking with my Dad and one of his mates who had his mobile with 

him when it rang . "Hi we are ??? windows and have a great sale and if you buy today 

I can offer you ..." 

Dads mate interjected " are you physic  I'm sat here with my pals ,talking of replacing our

windows !  " After telling him we also were looking for replacement windows ,the guy 

seemed very happy and kindly offered us a bulk discount .

He hung up and never got back to us once it came to our location ,which was  three

static caravans in Cleethorpes 🙃

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

I have done similar and strangely enough it does seem to have reduced scam callers quite considerably. Perhaps they do run a black list.

Just wondering if this is local or widespread.

My friend ordered 79 items from Morrisons Home Delivery and 38 were missing.    It was all the staples missing ie butter, veg, chicken etc £79 worth (refunded). A lot of fresh stuff missing too, but she got all her tins and packets

The poor delivery man said she wasn't the only one, there were others.  He had no idea what is going on.

Very odd.