P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

It's been a glorious, hot sunny day here.  Very rarely am I at home on my celebration day (my 68th birthday today after bring told 30 years ago i'd most likely not make 40) so someone has been smiling on me. 

I mentioned I bought a lot of roses a couple of weeks back, all of which had been heavily pruned. This afternoon while having a wander in the garden I found this beautiful bloom on one of them. Strangely it's called "My Lovely Dad" so I think he's sent me a present!

20230925_164747.jpg

20230925_164742.jpg

Happy birthday!!! Hope you have had a lovely day. It’s my granddaughter’s birthday today too, she is 6. I have been over to Yorkshire to see her 

Michelle

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Happy Birthday Megabear, have a great day.

It has also been a nice day here, I have been sat in lovely warm sun this afternoon, we also got our flu jabs this morning so fully jabbed up for next weeks Aurora cruise. Happy days.

I hope you have an amazing cruise on Aurora next week Phil.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Happy birthday!!! Hope you have had a lovely day. It’s my granddaughter’s birthday today too, she is 6. I have been over to Yorkshire to see her 

Michelle

Thank you

I hope your granddaughter has had a lovely day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, purplesea said:

Hi all,

Been busy since I got back from our cruise which was late docking at Southampton on Friday due to bad weather therefore didn't get home until the evening. I then had an early start on Saturday as went up to Exeter for a craft show. Was feeling a bit rough on Sunday, with a cold coming, but tested today and it's covid😳. We're supposed to going away again next week too.🤞

Off to check what's been happening.

Pam

Wish you better soon Pam. I hope you don't have it too badly. Take care of yourself. Best wishes.

Jane xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

It's been a glorious, hot sunny day here.  Very rarely am I at home on my celebration day (my 68th birthday today after bring told 30 years ago i'd most likely not make 40) so someone has been smiling on me. 

I mentioned I bought a lot of roses a couple of weeks back, all of which had been heavily pruned. This afternoon while having a wander in the garden I found this beautiful bloom on one of them. Strangely it's called "My Lovely Dad" so I think he's sent me a present!

20230925_164747.jpg

20230925_164742.jpg

Happy birthday Megabear.

79bb764ea46ec11c0156dcc537ca87f9.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

There is a blueberry shortage apparently, due to climate related problems in Peru and elsewhere,

https://www.freshplaza.com/europe/article/9556049/i-expect-the-blueberry-shortage-to-continue-at-least-until-mid-late-october/

My Morrisons delivery is tomorrow,i'll let you know if they come.

Avril

• Thanks 1

Cooler and stormy today.Gioia our dog rescue lady came round yesterday and took photos.She said she's confident of finding a home for him but will take him b4 we leave anyway.We haven't named him cos the 1st one Daisy got changed to Dolly.He doesn't like watching Corrie etc.IMG_20230925_1807398331672.thumb.jpg.c1c67886b58a9ed6a8f07d2cc89fd0b4.jpg

Edited by brian1
  • Like 10

Morning 11.c and a reasonable morning here .

Today we come back into the hot running water from the taps as we have a new

boiler fitted today. I hope it lasts 30 odd year like the one just taken out .

Last night the gas fitter said could we get rid of the old boiler parts sat in our front 

garden . So I wrote with a  marker pen "Scrap please take"

Mrs K  said  " I will put just our street on her social media site and put the same "

In less than five minutes flat a van pulled up and it was gone .. That's service .🙂

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Cooler and stormy today.Gioia our dog rescue lady came round yesterday and took photos.She said she's confident of finding a home for him but will take him b4 we leave anyway.We haven't named him cos the 1st one Daisy got changed to Dolly.He doesn't like watching Corrie etc.IMG_20230925_1807398331672.thumb.jpg.c1c67886b58a9ed6a8f07d2cc89fd0b4.jpg

One man and his dog .. Now that's what I call a plumbers mate 😉

• Haha 8

25 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Looks like you have a new best friend Brian.

All he needs is a West Ham football scarf and blanket 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I don't suppose his English is good enough to follow the northern accents.  

He looks pretty well fed, and contented.  He is lucky to have you to care for him.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Have you tried Italian sub titles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

On the subject of it being too early to mention the C word, this exchange between our daughter and our 8 year old grandson:

'Charlie, do you want to go and see Father Christmas this year?'

'I'm just not in that place right now.'

Charlie sounds fabulous!

Having a November birthday I’ve always tried not to think too much about the dreaded C too early but since my son has been with his fiancée she’s very organised and after I asked for birthday suggestions for our grandson (October birthday) I was given a list and told what I didn’t get I could use the other ideas for c!!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

20230925_164747.jpg

20230925_164742.jpg

Happy belated birthday, I do love a rose! I’ve got a few out again now in my garden, they make me feel happy every time I see them.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

My Morrisons delivery is tomorrow,i'll let you know if they come.

Avril

Morning. It's a bit dark, damp and dismal here at the moment, I hope it picks up a bit soon, I've a lot, and I mean a lot of spring bulbs to plant.

Checked todays Morrison's delivery and everything is in stock, including 6x150g punnets of blueberries👍

Have a good day everyone whether on land or sea.

Avril

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Checked todays Morrison's delivery and everything is in stock, including 6x150g punnets of blueberries👍

No problem with blueberries here.   Mine arrived OK. 

I don't stick to one Supermarket, I like to chop and change.   It just proves they all know what is going on because often when I have been 'elsewhere'  one of the others will send a voucher.   I have even  had  £12 vouchers for a £70 shop.     On these occasions I usually stock up with any offers they have  and that combined with the voucher often means  a saving in the upper £20s.  I seem to remember the figure of £29 on one shop.  

Its a sign of the times, with the internet, they all share data, so do all Insurance Companies, and similar.  Bit scary really that they all know what we do and when.  I try not to think about it.(Still use the vouchers though!!!)🤣

• Like 6