P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just received a text from my sister, my niece is being allowed home from hospital this evening and is currently sitting waiting for her meds to be sent up to the ward so that she can come home. 

That's wonderful news Josy. The best place to be, in familiar surroundings amongst family. and friends. I hope you all have a lovely weekend together.

Avril

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I saw a GP today, so exciting as it's a rare occurrence round here.

We had a chat and in 5 minutes sorted what half a dozen virtuals couldn't.

Family all coming tonight.  They want fish and chips from the van up the road.  House is decorated as it was my daughter's birthday a few days ago.  Then it's on to non woke or pc games and a lot of wine and noise!!!

Hope your have a really enjoyable evening.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just received a text from my sister, my niece is being allowed home from hospital this evening and is currently sitting waiting for her meds to be sent up to the ward so that she can come home. 

That's good news and hopefully she doesn't have to long to wait for her meds to arrive. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, happy v said:

I hope they are quicker than our hospitals, or she could still be there at midnight!

I hope she manages to have an uneventful weekend.

Sadly, waiting ages for discharge meds seems to be a perennial problem in most hospitals...

• Like 5

It took me almost 4 and half hours to get to Prestatyn yesterday, a journey on a normal day that would take under 2, drove through a number of flooded roads most passable with care. Never have I seen so much water cascading down hillsides as I did yesterday, much debris being washed of fields onto roads thus adding to problems with drains that are overwhelmed with the sheer volume of water. 

Looking at community pages in my area, many people seeing flooding in areas not normally affected, plus I never knew given the various comments that we had so many drains and river dredging experts in the town! One such “expert” suggesting that the River Severn should be dredged its whole length by removing 12ft of the riverbed along its whole length to remove flooding completely for years ahead. 

Yes the keyboard warriors were out in force yesterday. 

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

It took me almost 4 and half hours to get to Prestatyn yesterday, a journey on a normal day that would take under 2, drove through a number of flooded roads most passable with care. Never have I seen so much water cascading down hillsides as I did yesterday, much debris being washed of fields onto roads thus adding to problems with drains that are overwhelmed with the sheer volume of water. 

Looking at community pages in my area, many people seeing flooding in areas not normally affected, plus I never knew given the various comments that we had so many drains and river dredging experts in the town! One such “expert” suggesting that the River Severn should be dredged its whole length by removing 12ft of the riverbed along its whole length to remove flooding completely for years ahead. 

That'd be a lot of good topsoil though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That's wonderful news Josy. The best place to be, in familiar surroundings amongst family. and friends. I hope you all have a lovely weekend together.

Avril

Thank you.  I have spoken to my niece on the phone but I  will not be visiting over the weekend because having had covid last week I am following the NHS advice to not visit vulnerable people within 10 days of having covid.  I will see her on Monday which will be my 10th day, when I go to take her children to school.  Her daughter texted me last night to check if I was doing the school run next week because apparently Nana doesn't take treats for them when she picks them up. 

• Like 10

42 minutes ago, brian1 said:

That'd be a lot of good topsoil though.

Just as good we never get to see them as they look so intelligent 

then they go and spoil it by opening their mouths .🙃

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I wonder where the dredger intended to place all the thousands of tons of the dredgings?

• Like 6

A very dull and dreary 8.c autumnal day here .

Now only 🎵 Ten more days to Halloween 🎵  which means ..

This afternoon you could settle down and watch CH5  TV Christmas films 🤔🥴

or the Christmas movie channel if you just cannot get enough of this October  treat !

Makes you wonder if some of us are on the same planet ?

Talking of which ... Have a good day everyone 🙂

FB_IMG_1697722485929.thumb.jpg.2de78e2ff208f61d3700cbb3e2feaafd.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

Dig a hole and bury it 🙃

Allow the water companies to dispose of it in the way they seem to do regularly at the moment or ship it off to another country we use to cope with much of our recycling.

• Like 2

It’s a beautiful day here in Lytham, clear blue skies and feels warm in the sun. I am currently out in the park with the grandchildren. What a change of weather from yesterday.

Going into Blackpool to show them the illuminations tonight.

Have a lovely day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 10

Morning all, I haven’t been around because I have some sad news. My lovely Dad passed away Wednesday 18th. He’d been a bit ‘off’ for a while then the Wednesday before my mum called an ambulance and he was taken in.

He was in a side ward in A&E and I spoke to him on his phone but he didn’t know if we could visit there and I couldn’t get through on the phone to A&E. He said he had pneumonia which I knew wasn’t good.

Of course I have to have Mum stay with me when Dad is not there. The next morning I heard her mobile ring at 4.45am and I dashed in her room and it was the hospital saying we should get there. Thankfully I just managed to catch John before he went to work. I contacted my sister and son and my sister set off from Worthing. About 2 hours away.

Anyway they both arrived and a very nice doctor explained because his heart was so weak they couldn’t do much but keep him comfortable and pain free.

After a couple of hours they moved him from a very noisy A&E to a side room in a cardiac ward. This was probably the best we’ve ever been treated by this hospital as we were allowed in the room all day any day and as many people as we liked. Mum, John our son and partner, my sister and brother in law and Dad’s brother were all regular visitors.

I’ll do another post….

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

So for the next week we were just constantly at the hospital for most of the day. Very very draining and hard on my mum in her wheelchair. We didn’t have time to do anything else as we were up there 8 or 9 most days.

My uncle rushed up from Dover the first night and Dad was very chatty that evening but after that he was mostly asleep and he didn’t have anything to eat and drink for about 3 or 4 days, it was unbelievable he lasted so long. They told us that first day he had about 24 hours!!

Trouble is you don’t get a death certificate for about 5 days now so we’re just in limbo. John has had to go back to work today. We’ll need him to take us to all the various places. It’s going to be another difficult week.

• Thanks 1

So sorry you are having a sad and very busy time, Sue.  It was good that you could be with him; that is my greatest regret when my husband died in hospital just over a year ago.

It is a good thing that you have quite a few family members to help and to comfort your mother.

You should get  help when you get the certificate.  If you don't already know,  the authorities offer to let the important official people, like state pensions and income tax etc.  know for you which is a great help in the first few weeks.  It is called Tell us Once, and the Registrar will organise it. 

I  hope you will feel a little comforted by the sympathetic thoughts winging their way to you, from me and as you will soon see from your other online friends here.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

@P&O SUE I’m so sorry to read your post this morning. What a sad time for you and your family. How is your Mum doing?

So glad you were able to be with your Dad at the end and that he was surrounded by all those who he loved and who loved him. No one can ask for more than that and this will give you all so much comfort in the times ahead.

Sending a virtual hug.

Gill x

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@P&O SUE Our thoughts are with you at this sad time for you and your family

must be hard for your Mum at this sad time.

Sounds like he was a battler until the end and he will leave you with fond memories.

You take care Sue🙂

Best wishes Kalos 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1