P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

24 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It’s a nightmare isn’t it when they all walk with heads down looking at their phones. I use a mobility scooter to get about outside, if I see someone coming towards me on a phone I try move out if the way if I can’t I stop and hope they see me. I can’t tell you how many times people have actually walked into me.

Michelle

This used to be the old people crossing sign, now it is for 30 year old mobile phone users.

old people crossing sign from www.seton.co.uk

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

This used to be the old people crossing sign, now it is for 30 year old mobile phone users.

old people crossing sign from www.seton.co.uk

They've got a bloody deathwish Phil.12 years ago,3 of us in my mates van were driving to work in London.This young woman stepped in front of us glued to her phone.My mate did an emergency stop and we all raised our hands and shouted AAAAAGH at the top of our voices,she wasn't amused.No sense of humour nowdays.

• Haha 8

56 minutes ago, Waju said:

I feel your pain  @ohnonotmeagain, way back in February @indiana123 kindly told us about some very good prices on Parkdean caravan holidays - we booked 4 at bargain prices.

Oh dear, did I put the mockers on them!  Sorry to hear all those catastrophes and hope  all goes well with your injury.

OH was sceptical about the price, especially as he had recently sold his site, which was owners only, but the offer was genuine and we went to Weely Bridge near Clacton.

We will be looking for their spring offers after Christmas and would have no hesitation in booking again.  One tip..   Although the cheapest ones are brilliant value  (£79) we found it best to book the second  ones or above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Oh dear, did I put the mockers on them!  Sorry to hear all those catastrophes and hope  all goes well with your injury.

OH was sceptical about the price, especially as he had recently sold his site, which was owners only, but the offer was genuine and we went to Weely Bridge near Clacton.

We will be looking for their spring offers after Christmas and would have no hesitation in booking again.  One tip..   Although the cheapest ones are brilliant value  (£79) we found it best to book the second  ones or above.

No, not blaming you at all - who doesn't love a bargain?  They are great value and a lovely way to see an area out of season when things are nice and quiet.

We have done Southampton to death so we are heading for Portsmouth for a day. Questions for those in the know:

Best safe place to park the car

Most interesting things to see

Restaurant recommendations for lunch

Any help appreciated, thanks.

10 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We have done Southampton to death so we are heading for Portsmouth for a day. Questions for those in the know:

Gunwharf quays car park is as safe as any and on the front.The historical dockyard,spinnaker tower and loads of waterfront restaurants within easy reach.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Gunwharf quays car park is as safe as any and on the front.The historical dockyard,spinnaker tower and loads of waterfront restaurants within easy reach.

The last time I walked out of the Naval Base was 50 years ago after 11 years service. Someone I knew walked out, turned around and stuck two fingers up to the Officer of the Day. Promptly arrested and served another 14 days under punishment !

Edited by bobstheboy
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Michelle.

I'm sure Pauline and Sarah will arrange something.

Happy birthday for Friday 🙂

All the best people for October.

I hate to say, but I have a big 6 0 birthday on Sunday! Ouch

Not sure about it and the age, but with it comes retirement and no more holidays in school holidays !

🙂

• Like 17

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Ditto what Brian1 recommends for Portsmouth, but also have a look at this website

https://royalarmouries.org/fort-nelson

Nearer Fareham than Portsmouth and has free entry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Not sure about it and the age, but with it comes retirement and no more holidays in school holidays !

🙂

Happy 60th on Sunday, I retired just before my 60th always thinking it was a leap of faith but in the words of Tony the tiger "It's grrreeeeeeeat

• Like 9

Just now, yorkshirephil said:

Happy 60th on Sunday, I retired just before my 60th always thinking it was a leap of faith but in the words of Tony the tiger "It's grrreeeeeeeat

I'm holding out after the big 60 but not by much. 😉 

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

🙂

Happy birthday for Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

🙂

Happy big 6 0 Birthday on Sunday, hope you have a lovely day 

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, brian1 said:

It's mine too Graham on Sunday.We'll all have a Greggs bacon roll together on the beach.At the coach station again early Saturday going to Cardiff for the weekend.Enjoy.

It's out wedding anniversary on Wednesday so of to Bournemouth for a few days. I could surprise DW with a slap up Greggs. After all 48 years deserves a bit of a treat.🤣

• Haha 11