P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, zap99 said:

We will divert there on Wednesday on our way to Bournemouth. Apparently there us a Michael Korrs shop and a Radley outlet. Probably have lunch in Carluccios, so I have been told.

I'm not a keen shopper but Gunwharf is my favourite Outlet Mall.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DamianG said:

We really need a “dislike” option on here alongside the standard “like”, “laugh” and “thanks” options! 😉

Congratulations on a deserved win.

Thanks Damian, a much needed win. And congratulations to the 2500 or so Leeds fans who made the journey to a cold but not wet and windy Wednesday night in Stoke. I am not sure what they made of the new and quite impressive music and flashing light display before the kick off. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I'm not a keen shopper but Gunwharf is my favourite Outlet Mall.

I have never been to Portsmouth before.

I am a keen shopper (I even take my own designated bag carrier with me) and from what you have all been saying it sounds like a decent day out.

History, shopping, food so what’s not to like (unless as I now know you happen to come from Southampton).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Had my double jab in 1 arm 2 days ago.After a few hours felt bruised,still does but getting better.Makes sense when a needle pierces a muscle.

Funnily enough, my son (no hypochondriac) phoned a short time ago, and said his jab, done a week ago, is still painful.  We wonder if it might be the constituent parts, which will differ with this new strain.  Mine actually feels worse!  Shoulder very painful.  I am not worried, just surprised.

Yesterday was mainly sunny and dry; good news for the flooding in this area, but today grey and a bit of drizzle.  We really don't need any more rain, just time to let the water already there soak in a bit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I have never been to Portsmouth before.

I am a keen shopper (I even take my own designated bag carrier with me) and from what you have all been saying it sounds like a decent day out.

History, shopping, food so what’s not to like (unless as I now know you happen to come from Southampton).

Absolutely, if shopping is your thing, do not miss Gunwharf.

It's also a very nice place to visit.

Whenever we have visitors staying with us, they always request a trip to Gunwharf Quays! 

Here are all your fabulous possibilities!

https://gunwharf-quays.com/shops

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

The joys of teenagers!! Were we really like that do you think?

I have three grandchildren staying Saturday morning until Sunday teatime(12,10 & 6). Going to see Peter Pan pantomime in Blackpool Saturday night. It should be good, Boy George is Captain Hook. 
Then next Wednesday morning until Thursday teatime I have four grandchildren staying(15,12,10 & 6), just booked to go to Sandcastle Water Park Thursday morning.

Its raining here at the moment, a bit of a change from yesterday when it was wall to wall sunshine 

Michelle

Grandkids, we love them really.

IMG-20230621-WA0001.jpg

• Haha 10

Happy Birthday/Anniversary to those lots and lots of posters who have celebrations in the next few days.  There are a lot!  There’s some odd truism, isn’t there, about if you have a certain (fairly low) number of people in a room there is a good chance there will be at least one pair sharing a birthdate?

Also, congratulations to those with new dogs/pups.  Lovely!  There seems to be a rash of new pups around town, and my sister has a new pup hoping to fill the gap left when lovely Todd went.  Exciting.  I haven’t got a new dog, but I do have a reconditioned one today, after she had a grooming session this morning 🙂 It won’t last - she’s a bit of a mudlark, which isn’t great when you’re low to the ground and have soft white fur

CDF63AC6-6923-4B5E-BC99-45D8283C83BE.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Funnily enough, my son (no hypochondriac) phoned a short time ago, and said his jab, done a week ago, is still painful.  We wonder if it might be the constituent parts, which will differ with this new strain.  Mine actually feels worse!  Shoulder very painful.  I am not worried, just surprised.

Yesterday was mainly sunny and dry; good news for the flooding in this area, but today grey and a bit of drizzle.  We really don't need any more rain, just time to let the water already there soak in a bit.

Our flu and covid jabs, done 5 days apart in the same arm, were both far less painful than usual. So I guess it might be down to who does the jabbing.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Our flu and covid jabs, done 5 days apart in the same arm, were both far less painful than usual. So I guess it might be down to who does the jabbing.

LL must have had Tyson Fury do the jabbing.

• Haha 2

Started very dull here but then turned to sunshine and showers and now beautifully sunny. Quite mild. Had a few garden bits and pieces that I needed to get to the tip (broken pots, old trellis etc) and thought it sensible to do it whilst I still had the old car, so got that done. Then had a light lunch in the Old Town. After getting back I emptied the car of my belongings and gave it a quick hoovering inside so it looks nice and tidy ready for part-exchanging tomorrow.

Out tonight for dinner with some friends.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, brian1 said:

LL must have had Tyson Fury do the jabbing.

Funnily enough, though I am sure she was a Nurse from the local hospital, she did look way beyond retiring age, seriously.  It certainly didn't hurt, but maybe just hit a bit of muscle that didn't like it.  It felt a bit better after paracetamol, but has come back on again.  Possibly just my very aged muscles not up to it.  I only brought it up in case anyone else had noticed the same thing, after an unusually long time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Funnily enough, though I am sure she was a Nurse from the local hospital, she did look way beyond retiring age, seriously.  It certainly didn't hurt, but maybe just hit a bit of muscle that didn't like it.  It felt a bit better after paracetamol, but has come back on again.  Possibly just my very aged muscles not up to it.  I only brought it up in case anyone else had noticed the same thing, after an unusually long time.

My daughter still has problems with her shoulder after last year’s flu jab, she thinks that a nerve has been damaged. Apparently this can take a few months to recover from but it has been over 12 months now, she has an appointment with the GP but is not very hopeful.

• Like 3

Misty, rainy, miserable day 8c, oh well it's almost November. Planted spring bulbs in pots yesterday. This afternoon our squirrel neighbours decided to investigate. 30 minutes later pots protected with fine plastic netting secured over the pots. I know they are clever but they better not !!!!

• Like 7

Sorry to hear that - and I must admit hoping that is not what has happened to me.  If that is what can happen, I would be completely put off having any more jabs.  They don't tell you about this sort of thing,  do they?  Or no one would have any jabs.

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

In my humble opinion  the jabber experiences less pain than the jabee. I asked for my sticker. Not giving them out this year.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Lizzyanne said:

My daughter still has problems with her shoulder after last year’s flu jab, she thinks that a nerve has been damaged. Apparently this can take a few months to recover from but it has been over 12 months now, she has an appointment with the GP but is not very hopeful.

If it’s of any interest, I had much the same thing after one of last year’s jabs. Couldn’t determine whether it was flu or Covid though because no record of which went into which arm. It made sleeping on that side almost impossible and I pretty much gave up on it. 

However, a year or so on it’s almost fully recovered on its own. There could still be grounds for hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

In my humble opinion  the jabber experiences less pain than the jabee. I asked for my sticker. Not giving them out this year.

Mrs Pete asked if I could have a sticker and they obliged with one for flu and one for c…d. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

If it’s of any interest, I had much the same thing after one of last year’s jabs. Couldn’t determine whether it was flu or Covid though because no record of which went into which arm. It made sleeping on that side almost impossible and I pretty much gave up on it. 

However, a year or so on it’s almost fully recovered on its own. There could still be grounds for hope.

Thanks that’s good news.