P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

26 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

It's -2 degrees and very misty where I am - in fact it's got worse since I got up this morning.  

So I'm sat here watching tv and caught the start and first day of Kevin Sinfield's latest Ultra-Marathon project to raise even more money for the Rob Burrow MND Foundation. Seven marathons in seven days. This man has already raised £8 million for MND. He's a true legend in a time when that word is thrown about loosely and I hope he gets the Knighthood he richly deserves.

For those of you just embarking on cruises have a great time.

For those of you driving in icy conditions take great care of yourselves.

Have a good weekend everyone.  Best wishes.  Jane xx

I was in tears the other week watching him carry his mate over the line.Driving back to London in a big National Express bus today,that's the way to do it,lol.Brian.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, brian1 said:

In Basingstoke at the mo.The Range has half the store dedicated to Xmas goodies,never seen so much anywhere.

Ours was the same and I noted that the bulk delivery boxes to some goods were for Wilko .

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, brian1 said:

In Basingstoke at the mo.The Range has half the store dedicated to Xmas goodies,never seen so much anywhere.

Same here, I went in yesterday and quickly turned round and left as clearly they didn’t have what I was looking for as furniture area was just 2 small aisles, Sipo nipped next door to Argos and got a similar item at a better price. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Pizza express this afternoon. They have a new menu, so no doubt a bit cheaper.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Beckett said:

So I'm sat here watching tv and caught the start and first day of Kevin Sinfield's latest Ultra-Marathon project to raise even more money for the Rob Burrow MND Foundation. Seven marathons in seven days. This man has already raised £8 million for MND. He's a true legend in a time when that word is thrown about loosely and I hope he gets the Knighthood he richly deserves.

Very true and Sheffield has it's very own superhero, the man with the pram.”

He has raised over a million ,won TV awards that he gave back to the folk of Sheffield .

The thing that stands out with this guy is he has never asked for a donation  yet collected

all that money  !    John Burkhill is another shining star in my book 

b25lY21zOmYzMmFlNjQ4LWNhN2MtNDNiMy04YWE4LWU3MzI3ZWQ1MDA5MTphNjBhNGE3ZC00N2VhLTRkMmQtOWM4ZS00NmYwZGM3MjJkZDc.jpg.b3055c7ecc3f948ffdfc624530265b64.jpg

• Like 11

By gum it's a cold one. It was -6oC at 08:30 when we went into Barnsley and -2oC by 10:30 when we came home, however what a stunning morning, these were the sort of mornings we used to look forward to, put the woolly socks on and big coit and go for a long walk over the frost hardened fields. Now I look forward to a long cruise somewhere warm. Am I getting soft in my old age or what?

• Like 13

Woke up to thick snow this morning, white everywhere and minus 2 so it’s not going anywhere fast. 

We put up the Christmas decorations yesterday so it all looking very festive with the winter scene outside. We even had a robin in the garden.

It has stopped some of our plans for today as we are not driving anywhere in this but nothing is urgent so we will just sit and enjoy the scene after a walk to the pub for a nice lunch and a pint.

ps I can’t see the sheep in the field, I know they are there but they are in camouflage against the snow.

Edited by Eglesbrech
Sheep
  • Like 11

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

By gum it's a cold one. It was -6oC at 08:30 when we went into Barnsley and -2oC by 10:30 when we came home, however what a stunning morning, these were the sort of mornings we used to look forward to, put the woolly socks on and big coit and go for a long walk over the frost hardened fields. Now I look forward to a long cruise somewhere warm. Am I getting soft in my old age or what?

Somewhere warm sounds good to me all year.

Our arthritic joints and slipping on Icy paths is not conductive to our well being.

I hope your new hip is wonderful Phil.

Take care.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Very cold outside, not that I've been out and no intention to. I booked another cruise yesterday. Kept looking at the Black Friday deals and found a suite onboard the Azura for Jan 26, 14 nights, with a total of £550 OBC, flying from Manchester for just under £2000 pp. It's a long way off but something else to look forward to.

Christmas decoration day, got everything out of the garage yesterday so it will keep Marie quiet !!

That's an amazing deal. What's the date?

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Somewhere warm sounds good to me all year.

Our arthritic joints and slipping on Icy paths is not conductive to our well being.

I hope your new hip is wonderful Phil.

Take care.

Somewhere warm sounds good to me too. We are about to move house in the next 10 days, beginning to think we should have bought somewhere warmer than the UK

Michelle

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Grandad John said:

Agree entirely re Kevin Sinfield and a knighthood. I’m sure if he were to donate some of the money to a certain political party the knighthood will be forthcoming!!

I gave a fiver to the monster raving loonies, but am still plain Mr.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I gave a fiver to the monster raving loonies, but am still plain Mr.

The second in command of the Raving Loonies is a great bloke, he used to drive the coach for a charity I supported.   No-one but him could get us all wearing sailors hats singing sea songs going down the river Medway in  a 'Captain Pugwash' boat. 

Always cheerful, he is a tonic,  Well worth your fiver Zap! 

sorry it's all gone a bit odd ..hope its readable

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

9th Jan 26. Last suite my agent said.

We've just gone mad and booked the 16th for 2 weeks - a balcony we like C deck corner aft for £2,850 with £590 on board spend. Seems years away but at that price we thought it was worth it even if we change it later on. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Somewhere warm sounds good to me too. We are about to move house in the next 10 days, beginning to think we should have bought somewhere warmer than the UK

Michelle

Hi Michelle, I hope all goes well for your move and you are able to get straight for Christmas. 

We are off to the Canaries on the 22nd on Azura. We have done many New Year cruises but never a Christmas one and are really looking forward to it. 

Season’s greetings to your family.

Jennizor

X

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

David Sutch would have been proud of you.

I saw Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages at Wimbledon Palais about 1965. A few weeks after Gene Vincent. I can remember the 60' and 1980 onwards, but the 70's are a bit foggy.

15 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I saw Screaming Lord Sutch and the Savages at Wimbledon Palais about 1965. A few weeks after Gene Vincent. I can remember the 60' and 1980 onwards, but the 70's are a bit foggy.

I saw them at Holmfirth civic hall in the early seventies, always remember him being brought on stage in a black coffin. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Hi Michelle, I hope all goes well for your move and you are able to get straight for Christmas. 

We are off to the Canaries on the 22nd on Azura. We have done many New Year cruises but never a Christmas one and are really looking forward to it. 

Season’s greetings to your family.

Jennizor

X

We'll be really interested to see how you enjoy this cruise. We originally booked this one for 2 weeks from the 23rd but swapped it for the Caribbean one in January 2024. Hubby has always fancied a Christmas cruise so let us know how it goes 🙂 Enjoy

For all of us stopping in cos it's cold here''s an update from me .

Listening to Greatest Hits Radio ,snug with a cuppa ..

They keeping giving out weather warnings ,Some parts of the UK could tip -11.c

Anyone living down south are warned ..Stay in do not travel unless urgent .

Anyone up north if going out take a coat with you .

I used to predict snowy bad weather ,until someone told me I had bought a 

Snow Globe and not a crystal ball .

Just finished a spot of DIY (Destroy it yourself ) using some draught seal 

tape for doors and windows .Mrs K was not impressed with her

Advent calendar when I had finished with it .😉

Take care out there 🙂

2d827634e60d1e95e5b86e2d7a65a28f.jpg.cc4c0661d4291e2a196e6f274c371175.jpg

• Haha 13

Christmas Decorations up in the lounge, one set of lights put up outside, the shortest set, it’s too Dan cold to do the rest, it says it’s 0C, but feels like -6 C I definitely with that 💯. The rest can wait until later in the week as we have a Yellow Warning for snow overnight, so one last trip outside to get snow shovel on empty indoor recycling bin into wheels bin. 

• Like 1