P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Graham, if you want Alex Neal back, not many Stoke fans will raise a voice in opposition. 

I understand we are looking for a young manager.

Our teams average age is 23.

Alex Neil was well liked but moved to Stoke for financial reasons.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is dry and 6°C here.

Sadly our club Sunderland are looking for a new manager as Tony Mowbray was sacked last night.

Have you seen Pete's offer Graham? I've said "no thanks" on your behalf! He's odd - Alex Neal not Pete. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

Have you seen Pete's offer Graham? I've said "no thanks" on your behalf! He's odd - Alex Neal not Pete. 

Thank you Jane.

I think there will be a quick decision and a young manager known to our owner already will be here soon.

Graham x

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Are you sure you wouldn’t like to reconsider. If they have a youngster lined up, he will surely benefit from such an experienced mentor to work with and guide him.

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is dry and 6°C here.

Sadly our club Sunderland are looking for a new manager as Tony Mowbray was sacked last night.

Could be worse ,just look at the South Yorkshire teams .

Hope you get the man your looking for 🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

Could be worse ,just look at the South Yorkshire teams .

Hope you get the man your looking for 🙂

I was discussing the big euro lottery with the grandson and what he would buy if he won. He said he would buy a good player for Huddersfield town, I asked him what he would buy if he got four numbers.

Miserable morning here, not me the weather, murky. 

I am now five weeks into my hip hop recovery, improvement has slowed as expected as I am nearly mended. I take the last of my blood thinners tomorrow and have very little pain and a healing scar. Even the stiffness is nearly gone when I have been sat for a while. I see the consultant next week and hopefully he will say I can go cruising again.

• Like 10
  • Haha 6

Yes, often but not recently (i.e. since about 2018).  If you like a comparatively casual approach to 'luxury' cruising, you should love it.  Very personable staff from all over the world, passengers usually about half from the USA and the rest from Europe, Australia, Canada etc, plus Brits.  Generally laid back and not boastful types, though mostly pretty well off.  The inclusive part is  wonderful - no signing for anything, some really good drinks provided including good brands and champagne whenever if you like it.  the wines though are, as with most luxury lines, drinkable but only the £6 to £9 in the supermarket stuff.  I doubt if they do good beer, as it is a US line.  Hope that helps.  I have been on some of the others, and SB is favourite for me.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I was discussing the big euro lottery with the grandson and what he would buy if he won. He said he would buy a good player for Huddersfield town, I asked him what he would buy if he got four numbers.

Miserable morning here, not me the weather, murky. 

I am now five weeks into my hip hop recovery, improvement has slowed as expected as I am nearly mended. I take the last of my blood thinners tomorrow and have very little pain and a healing scar. Even the stiffness is nearly gone when I have been sat for a while. I see the consultant next week and hopefully he will say I can go cruising again.

It's good to know your grandson is being brought up to appreciate the important things in life!! 👍😉

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Yes, often but not recently (i.e. since about 2018).  If you like a comparatively casual approach to 'luxury' cruising, you should love it.  Very personable staff from all over the world, passengers usually about half from the USA and the rest from Europe, Australia, Canada etc, plus Brits.  Generally laid back and not boastful types, though mostly pretty well off.  The inclusive part is  wonderful - no signing for anything, some really good drinks provided including good brands and champagne whenever if you like it.  the wines though are, as with most luxury lines, drinkable but only the £6 to £9 in the supermarket stuff.  I doubt if they do good beer, as it is a US line.  Hope that helps.  I have been on some of the others, and SB is favourite for me.

Thank you. Sounds just what I would want from a luxury cruise. 

• Like 1

Off to London today.

A local coach firm is doing a trip where we drive to Greenwich and stay for a while, then off to a big fish restaurant in Waterloo for fish and chips then a tour all round London to see the lights.

Nice to see a relatively new Company doing well.  They have had to add more and more dates because of more booking requests. We went on a mystery lunch with them and it was a very nice venue and food, not  like some would do for a coach party.   The coach seats have comfortable back rests too.

I never thought I would get OH on a coach tour, but after one he liked them.  See, we never know what we will like till we try!☺️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

I agree - my last trip with them was 10 years ago (in the good old days😀).   That was back when they had tiny ships for only 200 passengers - now sailing as Windstar I think). The special evening included excursions relative to the port were wonderful - eg evening classical music concert at Ephesus while in Kusadasi and ballet performance in St Petersburg are two I specifically remember. The food was fabulous and yes - the champagne🥂. The fares were very much cheaper then though.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Off to London today.

A local coach firm is doing a trip where we drive to Greenwich and stay for a while, then off to a big fish restaurant in Waterloo for fish and chips then a tour all round London to see the lights.

Nice to see a relatively new Company doing well.  They have had to add more and more dates because of more booking requests. We went on a mystery lunch with them and it was a very nice venue and food, not  like some would do for a coach party.   The coach seats have comfortable back rests too.

I never thought I would get OH on a coach tour, but after one he liked them.  See, we never know what we will like till we try!☺️

Can I ask which company it is ? 

What strange times we live in ? This time of year up and down the UK we have 

got towns and city's hoping and praying that their Christmas markets bring in 

much needed revenue for their businesses.

What's Lincoln decide to do? Scrap theirs as too many people go to their

Christmas market 🤔

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Christmas market 🤔

Unbelievable,tell them there's plenty of pitches in Romford cos it's dying on its feet.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Unbelievable,tell them there's plenty of pitches in Romford cos it's dying on its feet.

So sad for some towns . I watched a film on YouTube  called "Rotherham At Christmas 2022 "

(Gimbal TV ) the high street in the middle of December is totally dead . That was filmed in the

middle of December 🙁

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, kalos said:

Christmas market 🤔

We went to the Lincoln Christmas Market about 6 or 7 years ago and stayed 3 nights in The Old Palace Lodge. We had an amazing time. Next to  the Lodge was a 'Medieval' style market with  traditional music, singers. jesters and all the store-holders in costume. There were street performers everywhere and the Cathedral was beautiful. Yes it was heaving, but that all adds to the festive  feeling. 

There are too many ba-humbugs that think they know what's best for us 'grownups'🤬

Avril

• Like 13

56 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We went to the Lincoln Christmas Market about 6 or 7 years ago and stayed 3 nights in The Old Palace Lodge. We had an amazing time. Next to  the Lodge was a 'Medieval' style market with  traditional music, singers. jesters and all the store-holders in costume. There were street performers everywhere and the Cathedral was beautiful. Yes it was heaving, but that all adds to the festive  feeling. 

There are too many ba-humbugs that think they know what's best for us 'grownups'🤬

Avril

A sign outside Santa's grotto in town. Santa can't see you at the moment. His grotto is outside specsavers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11