P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Dark chocolate with ginger is a favourite for me. Although I like most chocolate. I had a box of Lily O'Brians, that one of my daughter's gave me, and once opened they have gone!

Booking has opened up for me to check in online and print off our luggage labels for next month, so I decided to sort out our train tickets to get to the airport, therefore took a trip to the ticket office in Penzance this morning to get them sorted. Couldn't do so adding the bus link between the station and the airport at a suitable time for the return journey, so have only train got tickets as far as Bristol Temple Meads, now need to sort out the bus link. I thought flying from Bristol, as it is nearer than Gatwick, would be easier for us, but it isn't proving to be.  Lesson learnt, for the future - fly from Gatwick, it's easier to get to by train.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I believe they change the recipe for the crème eggs after Cadbury’s were taken over, I find them much to sweet now, if we have one it’s often the Galaxy equivalent. 

At Christmas had a box of Lindt Lindor Milk Truffles, trying to limit myself to one a day. 😂 

Not yet started the mixed box of Green & Blacks Chocolate or the Gingery Orange Toblerone, plus we have 2 boxes of Heroes for sharing with visitors. 

Er share? Chocolate? With visitors?  don't think so!!!!!  Jane xx

• Haha 11

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Paynes Just Brazils or other brands of chocolate covered Brazil nuts are very difficult to get nowadays. I particularly like the dark chocolate ones.

Beech's, a Preston company with a long history, also make dark chocolate brazils - my son gave me a box of those at Christmas and so far they remain unopened.  Both the brazils and their chocolate ginger have a really thick coating of quality dark chocolate.  The internet is your friend to source for a special occasion.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Who watched the doom and gloom soaps over Xmas.Just seen Eastenders,they've killed off Keanu.I think the motive was he's the worst actor since Bennie in Crossroads.What a load of tosh.

Never watched Eastenders and gave up on Corrie years ago, for the reason you give - doom and gloom.  I enjoyed it when it was just 2 episodes a week and with a lot of humour - I give you Phyllis, Blanche, Norris, the Duckworths, the Ogdens, etc.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Never watched Eastenders and gave up on Corrie years ago, for the reason you give - doom and gloom.  I enjoyed it when it was just 2 episodes a week and with a lot of humour - I give you Phyllis, Blanche, Norris, the Duckworths, the Ogdens, etc.

You know you are knocking on a bit when you can remember Annie and Jack Walker running the Rovers and Ena and Minnie drinking there. We were dragged up with Coronoggy which was ruined when they moved it from light entertainment to what they deem drama these days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

You know you are knocking on a bit when you can remember Annie and Jack Walker running the Rovers and Ena and Minnie drinking there. We were dragged up with Coronoggy which was ruined when they moved it from light entertainment to what they deem drama these days. 

Don't forget Minnies cat Bobbie.

• Like 3

Highspot of Christmas TV for us was 4 incredible episodes of the new, revamped, partially Disney funded, very high budget, Russell T Davies led and written, Doctor Who.

Been watching it since the very first episode in 1963, but this is way, way beyond anything it’s ever managed before. Our daughter hasn’t watched it since Sylvester McCoy, but their whole family are converts now. David Tennant is a remarkable actor, but the new guy’s made an excellent start. 

Guess I’m in a tiny minority here?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Highspot of Christmas TV for us was 4 incredible episodes of the new, revamped, partially Disney funded, very high budget, Russell T Davies led and written, Doctor Who.

Been watching it since the very first episode in 1963, but this is way, way beyond anything it’s ever managed before. Our daughter hasn’t watched it since Sylvester McCoy, but their whole family are converts now. David Tennant is a remarkable actor, but the new guy’s made an excellent start. 

We like the new doctor, thought he was smiley and wacky enough for the doctor, however have to say I thought Sylvester McCoy was the worst doctor.

56 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

As long as it avoids preaching to us or having an agenda then, as massive Dr Who fans we will be happy as the new guy seemed ok. Not sure that it will be the case though as RTDavies has always had agendas.

Felt a bit too Disney too - with references to Star Wars and that silly singing ..... 

Having said that, we haven't watched it since Peter Capaldi left, so we will see what happens ..

I miss John Pertwee, Tom Baker and Sarah Jane ---  simpler days

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We like the new doctor, thought he was smiley and wacky enough for the doctor, however have to say I thought Sylvester McCoy was the worst doctor.

No, the last one ---- and before that Colin Baker

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Paynes Just Brazils or other brands of chocolate covered Brazil nuts are very difficult to get nowadays. I particularly like the dark chocolate ones.

I used to love chocolate brazils, I bought a bag of mixed nuts for Christmas and there wasn't a single brazil nut in it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

We have enjoyed the 4 episodes, now with additional Disney funding, the effects are outstanding. In fact the only terrestrial programs we have watched over Christmas have been on the BBC. 

Ive just got back from the hospital' Frank was admitted yesterday morning at 5.20am and it's been hectic. After tests he has Pneumonia,and severe anemia.which needed 2 tranfusions.To top it off he probably has a heart murmer too, he's having a heart xray  to see what it is or could be. 

In his 78 years it's the first time he's been in hospital and everything's come at once. Almost 59 years married and the first time we've not not slept in the same bed, it's really strange and I'm not sleeping. Sorry for the late post, but I needed to chat.

I'll try and read though the posts tomorrow.

Avril

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Ive just got back from the hospital' Frank was admitted yesterday morning at 5.20am and it's been hectic. After tests he has Pneumonia,and severe anemia.which needed 2 tranfusions.To top it off he probably has a heart murmer too, he's having a heart xray  to see what it is or could be. 

In his 78 years it's the first time he's been in hospital and everything's come at once. Almost 59 years married and the first time we've not not slept in the same bed, it's really strange and I'm not sleeping. Sorry for the late post, but I needed to chat.

Avril

Just read this Avril. Thoughts and prayers for you both tonight. Xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

oh Avril I’m sorry to hear that Frank is in hospital and poorly now , I hope he starts to feel a lot better soon and I’m sure he’s been well cared for, I hope you do get some sleep and he’s home soon for you .

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Avril... thank you for sharing. We don't as a rule send sympathy posts but in this case our hearts are with you both.

We know that you have the strength, the will and the resilience to overcome the slings and arrows of fortune. Stay strong. Stay strong for Frank. You're comforting calm, your friendly fellowship, your constant companionship and your really special enduring bond... we're sure ... will be such a comfort and blessing to him at this difficult time.

We send our very best wishes, our most sincere hopes for the best and we know that we will be only two of many who will have you both in our thoughts and prayers this night, 

Love to both A&J

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sorry to hear this Avril, I hope they diagnose Frank's heart problem promptly, and that he quickly recovers from the Pneumonia is soon back home with you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

. Sorry for the late post, but I needed to chat.

You just chat away Avril.  You've listened to us lot  enough times.

Really hope Frank makes a fast recovery,  and is soon on the mend. He's in the right place.

Take care of yourself too .. Best wishes  v x

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Avril, I  am so sorry that Frank is ill.  He is in the best place for the moment but I hope that he is soon back with you. 

Take care of yourself.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1