P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone, it’s sad to know Johnny Irwin has died after his long illness , I watched him for many years and he was the best presenter for a place in the sun .

Kalos happy you both had a lovely holiday and that you both enjoy your retirement .

Snow Hill I hope your antibiotics work quickly for you and it all gets resolved soon with out any more pain , it’s good you still got a nhs dentist, ours has just gone private giving 2 months notice the whole practice 😡 nowhere around here to join a nhs one .

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Morning it's 11.c and blustery here .

I would like to say quiet but when we opened a window all we could hear is a panel

of a neighbours fence panel "clunk,clunk" in the wind 😒

@grapau27  you Missed the lovely Ian Lavender who I am sure will be having fun

at the pearly gates 😉

FB_IMG_1707208923603.jpg.b4e54e19592a5053fdc10ceaed624307.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 15

Sorry Michelle I missed your photos the other day I’ve been behind on here been extremely tired, your mum looks fantastic for coming up to 90 in July , the same has my father in law , lovely photos of your grandchildren and daughter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I would like to say quiet but when we opened a window all we could hear is a panel

at the pearly gates 😉

I was going to mention Ian Lavender too, sadly I’ve seen nothing on the news about it as it was all about the King.

• Like 4

Morning all, a rare lie in for me today, after briefly waking at 3am I woke at 7.37! Amazing, I feel all behind now! Luckily John is putting a mirror up for a work mate after work so he’ll be home a bit later so I’ll catch up on everything hopefully! 

It seems pressure has been put on my manager as I had a look at my work emails and she’s asking for any definite dates we want for holidays to be sent to her by the 16th Feb so at least I can move my cruise before final payment date now if I can’t get it, Phew!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, kalos said:

at the pearly gates 😉

I rarely watched Dad's army but Pauline used to.

So sad to hear Pike had died.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I rarely watched Dad's army but Pauline used to.

So sad to hear Pike had died.

If there’s nothing on I’ll often watch an episode on ‘Gold’ now! 

Of course Ian Lavender was on Eastenders for a while too, in the days when I used to watch.

• Like 1

Currently on QM2 travelling across the Indian Ocean. We flew to Cape Town last Wednesday and boarded on Thursday.

We were in Durban Sunday and visit Reunion and then Mauritius.

Having a really good time on the ship, there is so much more space and quiet corners than most standard design ships. Service is excellent and food good but choice is a bit restrictive in the mdr, photo below shows our variety of steaks for 2 (fillet, sirloin and Louisiana ribs) in the Veranda restaurant last night. The only down side is that we are on Norovirus restrictions with all of the implications that apply especially to the self service areas.

IMG_0321.jpeg

IMG_0315.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_0337.jpeg

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 15

On 2/5/2024 at 2:41 PM, Snow Hill said:

The dentist wasn’t able to take an X-ray as too swollen, I have been prescribed 2 lots of antibiotics to take 3 times a day for the 5 days, should my eye close I need to go A&E for intravenous ABs. Strictly no alcohol whilst on them. Dentist thinks it maybe a failure in one of the 2 teeth I have had root canal done on, hence why no initial warning pain. Appointment scheduled for next week to take x-ray and identify the problem. 

Finished up going to A&E last night when the bag under my eye go quite large, so followed dentists instructions should that happen, after 11 hours sitting in A&E finally saw a doctor at 9:00 am. The doctor referred me to maxillofacial doctor who after examination and an X-ray said rather than an abscess it was cellulitis and has admitted me to hospital for up to 3 days for IV Antibiotics, I wasn’t expecting that.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

doctor who after examination and an X-ray said rather than an abscess it was cellulitis and has admitted me to hospital for up to 3 days for IV Antibiotics, I wasn’t expecting that.

Wow  !   Nor were we, hope they sort you out soon .

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Wow  !   Nor were we, hope they sort you out soon .

Had my first dose of IV early this afternoon, every 6 hours, so midnight and 6:00am, doesn’t tale long to drip through. Consultant said he would also drain a small abscess on the gum. Hopefully I should be out by Friday. 🤞

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Finished up going to A&E last night when the bag under my eye go quite large, so followed dentists instructions should that happen, after 11 hours sitting in A&E finally saw a doctor at 9:00 am. The doctor referred me to maxillofacial doctor who after examination and an X-ray said rather than an abscess it was cellulitis and has admitted me to hospital for up to 3 days for IV Antibiotics, I wasn’t expecting that.

Oh my goodness. Bet you are glad you went to A&E.

I hope it clears up quickly.

Gill x

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery Snow Jill.

I have just been reading about your exploits Mb. As usual you haven't done things by half! Seriously though I hope you begin to recover quickly now you are home. Being ill is bad enough, but being so far away is ten times worse. Take care and have plenty of rest until you are properly better 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Currently on QM2 travelling across the Indian Ocean. We flew to Cape Town last Wednesday and boarded on Thursday.

We were in Durban Sunday and visit Reunion and then Mauritius.

Having a really good time on the ship, there is so much more space and quiet corners than most standard design ships. Service is excellent and food good but choice is a bit restrictive in the mdr, photo below shows our variety of steaks for 2 (fillet, sirloin and Louisiana ribs) in the Veranda restaurant last night. The only down side is that we are on Norovirus restrictions with all of the implications that apply especially to the self service areas.

IMG_0321.jpeg

IMG_0315.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_0337.jpeg

Yeah,and they do posher handbags on Cunard.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

I was quite shocked when I read this, I hope you are ok and that the IV antibiotics help

Michelle

• Like 7

@Snow Hill

I'm glad you're getting it sorted quickly. The IV antibiotics do the job much faster than oral. 

Every time I read a post you're always busy in the garden, so take advantage of your enforced hospital stay and relax a little.

Get well soon.

Avril

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

I hope that you are soon back home and feeling better.  I can imagine sitting in A&E for 11hours followed by 3 days in hospital hooked up to IV drugs.

• Like 5

This afternoon was spent at Teresitas beach a short bus ride along the coast from Santa Cruz.

For anyone on Azura or any other ship calling in Tenerife then it is easy to get to on the 910 bus from the road just outside the cruise terminal - less than 2 euro each way, pay on the bus contactless, a bus every 10 minutes, and just ride it to the end of the line so no way to get lost!

The beach is absolutely fabulous, sandy with calm warm water because there is a breakwater a short distance out keeping the Atlantic at bay, and a number of food and drink kiosks that are spread along the length of the beach renting sunbeds and parasols (yes those are needed here) for 6 euro a set of two, and incredibly selling food and drink for no more than the prices in town.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ce746e057148f30f46430c2aa40ba8d.jpeg

• Like 11

1 minute ago, 9265359 said:

This afternoon was spent at Teresitas beach a short bus ride along the coast from Santa Cruz.

For anyone on Azura or any other ship calling in Tenerife then it is easy to get to on the 910 bus from the road just outside the cruise terminal - less than 2 euro each way, pay on the bus contactless, a bus every 10 minutes, and just ride it to the end of the line so no way to get lost!

The beach is absolutely fabulous, sandy with calm warm water because there is a breakwater a short distance out keeping the Atlantic at bay, and a number of food and drink kiosks that are spread along the length of the beach renting sunbeds and parasols (yes those are needed here) for 6 euro a set of two, and incredibly selling food and drink for no more than the prices in town.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ce746e057148f30f46430c2aa40ba8d.jpeg

Looks beautiful. What are the temperatures out there at the minute ?