P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Well that was a surprise. Our Arvia cruise is 3 weeks today. Time for the faff. The photos uploaded OK. Credit cards went on OK. Printed baggage tables. Printer worked, ink hadn't dried up, although  I hadn't used it for a few months I remembered how it worked ( new wireless printer). Boarding passes printed 13.30 pm boarding time. That's it till next week when I can book all the restaurants without any issues.

• Like 17

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after 10 nights away including

7 nights on Iona.

We boarded at 13.00pm on Saturday March 30th.

There was over 6500 people on board including almost 2000 first time cruisers.

We had a lovely aft port side balcony deck 11.

I pre-booked online all of our speciality dining.

3 nights Epicurean.

3 nights Sindhu.

1 night Beach house.

The food and service was amazing.

We visited

Hamburg.

Rotterdam.

Zeebrugge.

The Easter Sunday church service was well attended and was excellent.

IMG_20240330_132015.jpg

IMG_20240330_140145.jpg

IMG_20240331_101310.jpg

• Like 20

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

On Friday we got the shuttle in Zeebrugge to Blankenburg.

IMG_20240405_111156.jpg

IMG_20240405_111203.jpg

IMG_20240405_111444.jpg

IMG_20240405_111513.jpg

IMG_20240405_111829.jpg

IMG_20240405_123332.jpg

Nice photos Graham. I do believe this is the first ever photo you have posted,without your shorts on.🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

I do believe this is the first ever photo you have posted,without your shorts on.🤣

You beat me to it , bet they were on standby 🤣😉

@grapau27 Great to read you and Pauline had a good time and are home safe 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Nice photos Graham. I do believe this is the first ever photo you have posted,without your shorts on.🤣

Thank you John.

I brought a couple of pairs of shorts but it was a little cold to wear them.

It rained most of the time but we still had an amazing relaxing cruise.

I hope you and Gail are well and wish you both an amazing cruise in 3 weeks time.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Despite the blustery winds and the heavy rain in the night it has been a lovely 2 days in North Wales. It just makes you feel better when the sun appears .. even if it is only for a few hours !! 

20240407_160343.jpg

• Like 16

How are things where we are?

It's been a busy day but... the grass is cut, the heron net over the pond is taut, the old garden lights... chewed to death by our two (almost) resident foxes has been removed, the Robins have done a quick courtship dance and are re-feathering their nest, our first lunch of the year was been served on the patio,🥶 🥶 remains of the turkey leg from last night's dinner is stripped and put aside for a curry next week, menu for St George's day sorted (Ye roaste beef of ye old England... complete for what passes as Yorkshire puds here), steak and kidney made for reheating and making into a pie when we get home on Monday... a couple of rants on CC and something to share...

According to the online grocery delivery company we use... we are the number 1 buyer in the whole of London this month (that's including our bit of Surrey)... to repeat... we are the number 1 buyer of... Sharwood's Butter Chicken Sauce in the entire teeming metropolis of almost 10,000,000 people! 🏆 🏆

There are four spare jars in the shed... but! Don't know whether or not to print and frame the email of just make that turkey curry!

Hope everyone has had a lovely day... Oh! and a bit ½ price lamb roasting in the oven... but not in butter chicken sauce! 😂 🥵

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

It's been a busy day but... the grass is cut, the heron net over the pond is taut, the old garden lights... chewed to death by our two (almost) resident foxes has been removed, the Robins have done a quick courtship dance and are re-feathering their nest, our first lunch of the year was been served on the patio,🥶 🥶 remains of the turkey leg from last night's dinner is stripped and put aside for a curry next week, menu for St George's day sorted (Ye roaste beef of ye old England... complete for what passes as Yorkshire puds here), steak and kidney made for reheating and making into a pie when we get home on Monday... a couple of rants on CC and something to share...

According to the online grocery delivery company we use... we are the number 1 buyer in the whole of London this month (that's including our bit of Surrey)... to repeat... we are the number 1 buyer of... Sharwood's Butter Chicken Sauce in the entire teeming metropolis of almost 10,000,000 people! 🏆 🏆

There are four spare jars in the shed... but! Don't know whether or not to print and frame the email of just make that turkey curry!

Hope everyone has had a lovely day... Oh! and a bit ½ price lamb roasting in the oven... but not in butter chicken sauce! 😂 🥵

I'm a Pataks man myself,lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Such an entertaining email 👍. I've also enjoyed your CC 'rants' but now wish to congratulate you on your magnificent achievement with the butter chicken sauce. I feel I must now seek it out ..... see what you've done? 😉

For my part, I've just had my own 'rant' to Travel Which? about an issue with Cunard, which I choose not to share .... so there!! 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Another quiet morning on here.

It is 8°C partly sunny but breezy here.

Hoping to have a lazy day.

I hope you all have a lovely day.

12.30 today,everyone has taken a leaf out your book Graham.IMG_20240407_1230472792288.thumb.jpg.78cc4e058d38935f2504c7ffbb1ff550.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Same here Brian, although th'asda does a fair butter chicken.

Cheers Phil,mainly cos Pataks do the concentrated pastes to take to Italy.Having said that they are the most original Ruby IMO.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kalos said:

Whilst I've got all you curry fans here ,Is it acceptable to dip bread into a curry?

Asking for my naan.🙃😉

Aunt Bessie wouldn't approve though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, kalos said:

Whilst I've got all you curry fans here ,Is it acceptable to dip bread into a curry?

Asking for my naan.🙃😉

Actually the best thing to dip in curry is Naan.

If she doesn't object that is😁

Avril

• Haha 12

34 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Actually the best thing to dip in curry is Naan.

If she doesn't object that is😁

Avril

I put ginger in our curry ,when Mrs K found out she went mental .

She really loved that cat 😉

• Haha 17

4 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

We had spatchcock chicken, or as its known in the Zap household......roadkill chicken.

• Haha 11

Morning all,I wish they'd make their mind up with these weather forecasts.Taking our granddaughter to "Old Macdonalds Farm" tomorrow.Last week it was going to be a washout,today fine.I hope the latter.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 6