P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

I've had CT scans of back and head- nothing fractured thank goodness. Five stitches in my head and thumping headache later I was discharged at 10pm.

Hope you feel a bit better later today. Lucky there was someone to look after you and Ted and call an ambulance. Take care and don’t do things too fast. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, what a day I've had! Just got back from the hozzie (thanks Kalos - love that word) where I've been since midday.

Very long story short, I was out for a walk with Ted. It started to rain and I took a tumble down some steps which were very slippery. I landed firstly on my back then my head hit another step - out cold. Fortunately, a lady I know was also out walking and saw it happen. She called for an ambulance and when I came round I was very sick and dizzy. Ambo came quickly and they decided I should go in because I'd lost consciousness. The ambo drivers were so sweet and kind. They drove me home to drop Ted off with my neighbour then took me off to A&E.

OMG the A&E was rammed. I've had CT scans of back and head- nothing fractured thank goodness. Five stitches in my head and thumping headache later I was discharged at 10pm. A&E still rammed.

I've come home with a massive bandage around my head and my granddaughters, very unkindly I thought, said I looked like a Smurf! 

I've had better days!!!

Sleep well everyone.

Jane xx

Oh my goodness Jane !! I hope you’re feeling a bit better today and resting and not to sore from that fall down the steps , so pleased no serious damage was done except for 5 stitches, take care and rest now 💐

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Beckett Just caught up with your unfortunate and very unpleasant fall, what a shocker! Thank goodness you were able to get all the checks you needed Jane, despite the A&E being 'rammed'.

I'm sure you'll be taking it easy today, so I'll just add my own good wishes along with everyone else's 💐

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well, what a day I've had! Just got back from the hozzie (thanks Kalos - love that word) where I've been since midday.

Very long story short, I was out for a walk with Ted. It started to rain and I took a tumble down some steps which were very slippery. I landed firstly on my back then my head hit another step - out cold. Fortunately, a lady I know was also out walking and saw it happen. She called for an ambulance and when I came round I was very sick and dizzy. Ambo came quickly and they decided I should go in because I'd lost consciousness. The ambo drivers were so sweet and kind. They drove me home to drop Ted off with my neighbour then took me off to A&E.

OMG the A&E was rammed. I've had CT scans of back and head- nothing fractured thank goodness. Five stitches in my head and thumping headache later I was discharged at 10pm. A&E still rammed.

I've come home with a massive bandage around my head and my granddaughters, very unkindly I thought, said I looked like a Smurf! 

I've had better days!!!

Sleep well everyone.

Jane xx

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall yesterday and visit to hospital Jane.

I hope you feel a lot better today.

Take care.

Graham xx

200w.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, happy v said:

Wow Jane. What a day I hope you now manage to have a good sleep. I bet you have a stonking headache tomorrow. Take care

Thanks Happy V. You were right - stonking headache today! Didn't sleep much so today I'm like a wet lettuce. Jane xx

• Like 2

Good morning, back to rain today & due wind again ( the weather! ….) all weekend 😫. You’ll be pleased to hear I did get out in the garden yesterday afternoon, plenty of pruning done & finally got around to sowing some runner bean seeds. Waiting for the shopping currently had to order extra with ds here, with shrinkflation having to order double on something’s very annoying! I think it’s a knitting & lazy day otherwise. 

• Like 6

I was going to thank you individually for all your good wishes then realised there were so many that I'd take up a whole page which would be boring for some. Aren't I lucky to have so many friends wishing me well; so here's a massive "Thank you so much for your good wishes". I really do appreciate all the messages and once again think how lucky we are with this thread ( thank you Sharon) and how really heart warming that we support each other so sincerely.

Update: I hardly slept at all - couldn't get comfortable and too much pain - so I ended up watching Match of the Day at 4am, followed by a few episodes of Miranda - "such fun!"

Seriously, I feel pretty naff - very achy and head is pounding but I'll have a couple of days resting and I'll be fine. Ted won't mind not being walked too much and the girls will do that anyway.

Re the Smurf look: If vanity had allowed, I would have posted a photo to make you all laugh but vanity didn't allow, so I haven't.

Thanks once again to all my dear CC friends - you are the best.

Have a good day everyone. Jane xx

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

And best wishes from me too.

Take it easy, Prosecco and chocolates are supposed to be  great healers x

ps totally agree with all your sentiments over this thread and suspect we all do.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Beckett take things easy and do all the things advised above if it helps.

Not good when you feel naff ,what I tend to do is listen to Ken Bruce and 

Pop Master and see how many I can get right .

To Improve my chances I like to research various artists ..For example ..

Did you know that Mark Knopfler had a relative who died and left him some things in his will. 

A French impressionist painting and a shed with half a dozen hens within  it
Guess you could say he got a "Monet for nothing and his chicks for free."   🙃😉🤣

You take care and if you do put the radio on ..NO HEAD BANGING 😉

• Haha 14

11 hours ago, Beckett said:

I've had better days!!!

Sleep well everyone.

Jane xx

Hi Jane

So sorry to hear this, not least the 10 hour wait in A&E. My in-laws had the same experience (but thankfully less of an emergency than yours) on Tuesday when I dropped them off at 11:45am then picked them up after discharge at 10pm.

Best wishes for a swift recovery.

Damian

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Happened to me in Vancouver.Running for a HOHO bus in the rain I skidded on a metal expansion joint in the pier.I was semiconscious but soon recovered when someone suggested an ambulance those $$$$$ in my head helped..I didn't know where I was for half an hour.I said to my mrs on the bus,have we left Alaska yet.Cup of tea and rest back onboard helped.

• Like 8

Good Morning to everybody. And a good morning it most certainly is. But this must be whispered in a very quiet voice!

Delighted to say that our Robins nesting in the ivy next to our lounge window had their final chick fledge at breakfast time this morning. A thoroughly grumpy looking little thing with a mind of its own... leading it's parents a hectic dance as it stomped through the undergrowth! From sweet little "baby" to moody adolescent in a matter of moments.

And these are the heroes... that have worked tirelessly every hour that there's been light for the past six weeks nestbuilding,  incubating eggs and feeding the chicks until they were strong enough and brave enough to take that one massive leap for birdkind.

_DSC2702.thumb.jpeg.6f8a96f6645244743d0d731c8e96de2b.jpeg

_DSC3092.thumb.jpeg.4a30128eaf052c051202fc91c75ac2cd.jpeg

They've succeeded through wind and rain, sleet and snow and despite attacks by the infernal squirrel, viciously marauding cats left to roam and curious  juvenile foxes clawing at the ivy. 

_DSC3305.thumb.jpeg.c7769aad8fe6b109d9dbdf9b55e2bf7b.jpeg

And... they're still working their little socks off feeding at least two chicks hidden in the garden... strategy a little different... find the offspring by its incredibly faint little tweets... (not easy when the wind is blowing the new leaves on the trees)... then drop the food about a foot away from the fledgling in the direction that they want it to move... and all done with the care not to give away the location. And when the chick's a bit too adolescent find a branch or the top of a garden cane and bob up an down for a bit.

_DSC3229.thumb.jpeg.0c3bb2c59b1fa996ccc5a733fd6a80dc.jpeg

IMG_2687.thumb.jpeg.c7077ac5edd688a65c6521074e144559.jpeg

IMG_2670.thumb.jpeg.19c9908402722198c9b8f55017f65135.jpeg

In past years, we've even seen the adults putting themselves in harms way to attract the killer-cats away from their fledgelings. 

Hope all are well.

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Beckett said:

I've had better days!!!

Sleep well everyone.

Jane xx

Goodness me Jane,  you were lucky to get off so lightly under the circumstances, and I hope you're feeling a little better today.

Please take care, we oldies don't bounce as well as we used to.😉

Give Ted an extra cuddle too, I'm sure he was as upset as you at the time.

Avril x

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Hi Jane

So sorry to hear this, not least the 10 hour wait in A&E. My in-laws had the same experience (but thankfully less of an emergency than yours) on Tuesday when I dropped them off at 11:45am then picked them up after discharge at 10pm.

Best wishes for a swift recovery.

Damian

I hope your in-laws are alright Damian.

Avril

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

And... they're still working their little socks off feeding at least two chicks hidden in the garden... strategy a little different... find the offspring by its incredibly faint little tweets... (not easy when the wind is blowing the new leaves on the trees)... then drop the food about a foot away from the fledgling in the direction that they want it to move... and all done with the care not to give away the location. And when the chick's a bit too adolescent find a branch or the top of a garden cane and bob up an down for a bit.

Beautiful and uplifting photos. Mother Nature at her finest.

Thank you.

Avril

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2024 at 10:57 PM, Beckett said:

I've had better days!!!

Sleep well everyone.

Jane xx

Oh my goodness! Good news that you had no fractures but I expect you’re going to be very sore. I hope you feel better very soon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone ,we have got 10.c rain with the sun trying to show itself.

@Beckett Hope the pain from your injury has subsided and not giving 

you too much grief .

Hope everyone else is safe and well,have a good day 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1