P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I was thinking the same. I think it might be better to lower my stress levels and look next year. We could probably take a warners break, but it's not like an ocean cruise

Avril

Avril , do as advised try Nationwide .  A few years back they didn't want to know me 

but that was down to still having ongoing tests etc .

Just for you and Frank ,I have tried again (with a bit more water under the bridge)

and now they accept me . Weird that they want nowt for my HF and yet a bit more

coin for Mrs K's heart condition 🤒

I still have cover but when it runs out I will have a look again for our cover.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, happy v said:

Try Nationwide first Avril. Selbourne used them for his long cruise and saved hundreds for his long cruise. Loads of posters agreed with him after he mentioned it

I agree - they are also good to bank with.  I think it’s only annual cover though 

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I was thinking the same. I think it might be better to lower my stress levels and look next year. We could probably take a warners break, but it's not like an ocean cruise

Avril

As someone who is currently embracing Warners, I can confirm they aren't an ocean cruise, but they are whole heap less stressful than the process of booking and preparing for a cruise. 

We had a weekend at Holme Lacy in Hereford a few weeks ago and next month  we are on a Warner's road trip to Nidd Hall for a week and then on to Thoresby Hall for a few days.  I think they are the properties closest to you, so I will report back with my findings. 

Quite a few of the coach companies do trips to Warner's so there is that option if you don't fancy the driving.

As I've got no plans for a cruise in the near future I made some changes to my Staysure policy when I renewed it the other week.  I've taken off cruise cover and have gone from European cover to UK only cover, and the price dropped by two thirds!

However, I can reveal that we will dip our toe back into the cruising world in 2026.  We've booked a week on Cunard's Queen Anne.  There's 4 ports that are new to us, a solar eclipse and it coincides with our 45th wedding anniversary. It just seemed right, and I can tolerate the dress code for a week!  As it's more than two years away, I'm not going to think about it much at the moment, but it would appear that I'm not completely done with cruising just yet! 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

I hope you are well today. It's a very warm start to the day here - all windows already open and a lovely breeze coming through. I don't think Storm Kathleen is going to reach my neck of the woods but it looks as though she's going to be very fierce in the North and West so take care.

My big excitement today is that I can wash my hair - yay! Having an injury and looking like a bag lady is not a good combination so some semblance of normality will be very welcome.

Monday is a GP appointment "to discuss the findings on your scan". Maybe they found a brain! Tuesday is stitches out so slowly and surely I hope I'm on the mend. I'll let you know what the "findings" are but apart from that I'll shut up now because this thread is becoming a bit 'Me, Me, Me" . Once again, thank you all so much for your care and good wishes.

Have a great weekend everyone. Jane xxx

Hope all goes well on Monday

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I do know that KM travel do coach tours to Warners as I saw a couple this morning in their window. They also pick up by minibus to take you to the depot for the coach. We have done Bodelwyddan castle and Alverston hall and enjoyed the.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

A bright and breezy day here but mild. Time to batten down the hatches once more.

@Beckett You are always there to help others Jane. I remember clearly that you began posting to help during covid and were one of the most helpful posters to us all. You me me me all you want, it's our turn now😊

I've been browsing through some cruises recently and I wondered if anyone had some travel insurance companies they could recommend. I've not needed help before, but since Frank's hospital stay I know it will be much more expensive and probably more trip wires too😉

I welcome any help.

Avril

Due to various very boring ailments some of which are "serious" we thought that our international cruising days were over a couple of years ago but we now insure ourselves with SAGA. One of us has an annual cover, the other negotiates the cover on a trip by trip basis. We've never had any problems. The trip by trip works out about the same as the annual insurance.The main things is that... we can't travel within 28 days of having any medical procedure in hospital.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, lindyloo22 said:

I use All Clear used them for years now find them very good and cover most medical problems, I think at the moment they are offering 20% off so perhaps worth getting a quote.

20% off is for the basic and not for the additional charges for medical but we negotiated a good price.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It's strange how things have change since covid. Very few doctors' visits and the majority now via phone, text or mail.

Two weeks ago, out of the blue, I had a letter from my  GP informing me that one of my regular BP meds was changing.

''After much research it has shown that Indapamide 1.5mg slow release tablets are not as effective as Indapamide 2.5mg and will be updated on your next prescription cycle. Please contact the surgery if you have any issues''

Not a problem in this instance, as it saved the doctor's time, but I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Avril

If your medication increases you have to inform the travel insurance company and also if you are renewing a policy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A wet and windy morning here, not as bad as yesterday evenings squall, when we had strong winds and torrential rain which last about 20 mins  before it abated. Reports of a number of trees being blown down ensued.

Yesterday had been a very windy day as Storm Kathleen made her presence known,  I did however manage to weed one the borders in the garden as well as sort out some shelves in the garage, the ones just inside which have accumulated all sorts of bits over the last 12 months, now have bagful o f rubbish to take to recycling centre all Ithaca a number of boxes and a broken lawnmower.

• Like 5

Morning all, not much to report here. Can hear the wind still but it’s not scary levels. John at work again so I’m just pottering about, I’ll be more stressed later though watching the Liverpool game - eek!

• Like 3

Good morning everyone, well we’ve had a relaxing 3 days before we take our jobs on 😁 takes a little longer to get bright in the mornings but still got woken up by this mornings visitors or island delivery, Andys taken the dog for his morning walk and I’m enjoying a cup of tea on the patio waiting for dad to wake up to give him his pills and breakfast then get him into town to watch the Rangers / Celtic game, I will be doing retail therapy as I would like a new day bag for my upcoming cruise, popped down to the beach the first morning for brunch and a cocktail while we could . 
The flight out was full and full of children which all were very well behaved, landed early as usual, it’s due to get a bit hotter the next coming days , Andy has now returned and watering the garden before it gets to hot for the flowers and pep the dog is tired after chasing chipmunks.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone and I hope it’s not too wet for you .

image.jpg

IMG_5536.jpeg

IMG_5537.jpeg

IMG_5547.jpeg

IMG_5551.png

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, not much to report here. Can hear the wind still but it’s not scary levels. John at work again so I’m just pottering about, I’ll be more stressed later though watching the Liverpool game - eek!

So will I Sue as I’m a Arsenal fan 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning all.

Still very windy here, but not as bad as some parts of the country so I hope everyone is ok.

It'll be a blustery walk with Freddie this morning so will keep him on the lead.

@Beckett - I hope you are continuing to feel better and that Ted is looking after you by keeping his energy up with being given lots of treats and staying indoors 🤣🐶

@Purdey16 - have a lovely holiday and I’m not at all jealous of the blue skies!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Good luck to Liverpool today Sue. If Arsenal can't win the title I'd love it to be Liverpool for Klopp to finish on a real high. You're going to miss him so much. Have a good day and fingers crossed! Jane xx

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Good morning all.

Still very windy here, but not as bad as some parts of the country so I hope everyone is ok.

It'll be a blustery walk with Freddie this morning so will keep him on the lead.

@Beckett - I hope you are continuing to feel better and that Ted is looking after you by keeping his energy up with being given lots of treats and staying indoors 🤣🐶

@Purdey16 - have a lovely holiday and I’m not at all jealous of the blue skies!!

Morning Gill. Yes I'm feeling a bit better today thanks. I'm still in chronic pain with my back and I still have pains in my head but every day will be an improvement on the previous one from here on I hope.i guess everything takes longer to heal the older you get! 

Ted is in his element. He's never been the kind of dog who loves walking (from quite an early age) so these past few days of eat, snooze, treats, snooze, eat, snooze again and finally bed have been a joy to him. He's great company when he's awake!

Have a good day Gill. Best wishes always. Jane xx

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone, well we’ve had a relaxing 3 days before we take our jobs on 😁 takes a little longer to get bright in the mornings but still got woken up by this mornings visitors or island delivery, Andys taken the dog for his morning walk and I’m enjoying a cup of tea on the patio waiting for dad to wake up to give him his pills and breakfast then get him into town to watch the Rangers / Celtic game, I will be doing retail therapy as I would like a new day bag for my upcoming cruise, popped down to the beach the first morning for brunch and a cocktail while we could . 
The flight out was full and full of children which all were very well behaved, landed early as usual, it’s due to get a bit hotter the next coming days , Andy has now returned and watering the garden before it gets to hot for the flowers and pep the dog is tired after chasing chipmunks.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone and I hope it’s not too wet for you .

image.jpg

IMG_5536.jpeg

IMG_5537.jpeg

IMG_5547.jpeg

IMG_5551.png

Really lovely photos @Purdey16. A treat to wake up to. Thank you. Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Another quiet morning on here.

It is 8°C partly sunny but breezy here.

Hoping to have a lazy day.

I hope you all have a lovely day.

Morning Graham and Pauline. I hope you both have your lazy day as planned. How is your Sarah doing? Best wishes to all. Jane xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

A bright and breezy day here but mild. Time to batten down the hatches once more.

@Beckett You are always there to help others Jane. I remember clearly that you began posting to help during covid and were one of the most helpful posters to us all. You me me me all you want, it's our turn now😊

I've been browsing through some cruises recently and I wondered if anyone had some travel insurance companies they could recommend. I've not needed help before, but since Frank's hospital stay I know it will be much more expensive and probably more trip wires too😉

I welcome any help.

Avril

That's very kind of you Avril. Thanks so much. Those early posts during Covid were back in late 2019 I think - that time has gone so fast.

I've read all the posts about your searches for insurance - very depressing on costs. I'm out of the game now so can't comment but you've had some great advice so fingers crossed you are able to find something. It would be so nice for you and Frank to have another cruise. 

Have a good day both. Best wishes. Jane xxx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Morning Graham and Pauline. I hope you both have your lazy day as planned. How is your Sarah doing? Best wishes to all. Jane xx

Thank you Jane.

Sarah seems happy and has a new boyfriend.

I hope you are feeling a lot better too Jane.

Graham xx 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

It's much better and less stressful going for the title rather than a relegation battle Sue.

Good luck today.

Graham.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane.

Sarah seems happy and has a new boyfriend.

I hope you are feeling a lot better too Jane.

Graham xx 

Thanks Graham. Yes thanks, a bit better every day. So glad to hear about Sarah. Jane xx

• Thanks 1

Morning all, we are in that "what shall we do today" framework of mind.  The packing is done apart from the clothes that we are wearing today.  I am really looking forward to getting off this ship.  If our cruise that we have booked for the end of June on this ship is as bad as this one it will be our last Princess cruise. 

It has been dreadful with the behaviour of some passengers and their children.  Last night was "Dress to Impress" which we took to be "Smart Casual" so we ended up being in the minority who weren't dressed in shorts and tee shirts.  The lady on the next table told us that she had looked online to see if hhey could get a flight home from Bilbao a few days ago because she was fed up of "feral children".  Our experience has been that the many American children are far more polite and better behaved than the UK children.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Morning all, we are in that "what shall we do today" framework of mind.  The packing is done apart from the clothes that we are wearing today.  I am really looking forward to getting off this ship.  If our cruise that we have booked for the end of June on this ship is as bad as this one it will be our last Princess cruise. 

It has been dreadful with the behaviour of some passengers and their children.  Last night was "Dress to Impress" which we took to be "Smart Casual" so we ended up being in the minority who weren't dressed in shorts and tee shirts.  The lady on the next table told us that she had looked online to see if hhey could get a flight home from Bilbao a few days ago because she was fed up of "feral children".  Our experience has been that the many American children are far more polite and better behaved than the UK children.

Everyone seems to be complaining about children and standards on every cruise line during holidays. Hopefully you will find the usual good standard on Princess in June during term time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1