P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Had a chicken salad for lunch today between  enjoying the sunny weather.

Hope you all having a good day.20240516_125656.thumb.jpg.013fd81db543328b5e3f0bfd317fcce4.jpg

Looks delicious.

I had a week off from cooking Sunday lunch today.  It is DH's younger sister's  birthday tomorrow so we took her and her son out for lunch.  We wanted to celebrate with her because she will reach pensionable age tomorrow but has decided to carry on working for the NHS until Christmas because of staff shortages.

Sadly their older sister and brother and their spouses didn't want to join us.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

It just wasn't to be.

Congratulations to City for an amazing achievement of 4 consecutive titles.

Sorry @brian1 but there will be no claret and blue/red and white photos - my tears will make the colours run. 

Right, I'm going to get over myself now. Sorry to bore.

Have a lovely evening everyone. Jane xx

Sorry Jane,certain types of money rules nowdays.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

It just wasn't to be.

Sorry @brian1 but there will be no claret and blue/red and white photos - my tears will make the colours run. 

My commiserations Jane. Regardless of my feelings about your club, they have had a fantastic season, in the end losing out to an outstanding team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Looks delicious.

I had a week off from cooking Sunday lunch today.  It is DH's younger sister's  birthday tomorrow so we took her and her son out for lunch.  We wanted to celebrate with her because she will reach pensionable age tomorrow but has decided to carry on working for the NHS until Christmas because of staff shortages.

Sadly their older sister and brother and their spouses didn't want to join us.

Happy birthday to your sister in law tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

It just wasn't to be.

I would have preferred Arsenal to have won the league, at least Arteta has built his team with judicious spending, whereas Peps team has been gold plated with oil revenues.

• Like 3

Well that’s it booked 2 weeks in Brittany, cottage with heated pool, no hire car issues as will have our own car. Will use Tesco vouchers to pay for Eurotunnel crossing and plan to stay in or around Honfleur for one night on the way down. 

We have been to the Morbihan area previously and weirdly the cottage is own by the same couple were hired from in 2016, they remembered us from then. 

We will also be able to visit our friends who live around 40 miles away from where we are staying, they are now officially French Nationals, a change from when we last saw them.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I would have preferred Arsenal to have won the league, at least Arteta has built his team with judicious spending, whereas Peps team has been gold plated with oil revenues.

Let’s not forget the 115 charges they face from the Premier League if they ever get round to hearing them, the PL had more important matters with Everton & Forest. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Let’s not forget the 115 charges they face from the Premier League if they ever get round to hearing them, the PL had more important matters with Everton & Forest. 

I suspect quiteca few oily dollar Bill's will have found their way into some influential PL officials pockets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Grealish still can't get game time at City hopefully he comes back to Villa now we have reached the Champions League.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone.  Another early morning  I have rejoined the early risers getting up 5:10 am.

A little grey here but I have put the washing out on the line, hopefully it will dry.because a few bits of blue sky are trying to break through.

The for sale sign is due to go up either today or tomorrow, we have told the neighbours next to us, it was a difficult decision but we have to do what we think is best for us.

• Like 14

Good morning all. Yet another nice day here again today, I could get used to this (but won’t as it won’t last long).

The garden is in full bloom and while the grass needs a tremi I’m leaving it as with thr warm weather it will just burn, being a bit longer helps.

Have a good day all.

• Like 10

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. 

I have to take our Cavalier for a check up at the animal eye hospital in Penrith this morning, another check up following her operation in January. It should be a nice drive up through the Lake District with the sunny weather. 

Have a lovely day everyone whatever you are doing.

Michelle

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. 

I have to take our Cavalier for a check up at the animal eye hospital in Penrith this morning, another check up following her operation in January. It should be a nice drive up through the Lake District with the sunny weather. 

Have a lovely day everyone whatever you are doing.

Michelle

I hope that your dog's check up goes well.  🤞🏻

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all, it’s bright and sunny here and I hope you all had a great weekend, well today is my last day before flying tomorrow to Tokyo to meet the Queen Elizabeth ship for our 2 week cruise, it will be our first time on Cunard and our first fly cruise but as yet we can not check in but check-in is open on the app it says so a little concerned there, I will try and post some pictures while I’m a way of nature only using the free internet while on land .

Megabear I hope you have a lovely cruise on Cunard too later this week.

Anyone else going on holiday soon i hope you all have a great holiday and everyone else staying home I hope the weather will be warm and sunny for you all.

So all my work is done, cases packed, beauty regime done , Andys hair has been scalped to the bear skin 😡 new hair dresser, off out to dinner tonight to our favourite restaurant so a chill out day apart from checking in .

• Like 13

16 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all, it’s bright and sunny here and I hope you all had a great weekend, well today is my last day before flying tomorrow to Tokyo to meet the Queen Elizabeth ship for our 2 week cruise, it will be our first time on Cunard and our first fly cruise but as yet we can not check in but check-in is open on the app it says so a little concerned there, I will try and post some pictures while I’m a way of nature only using the free internet while on land .

Anyone else going on holiday soon i hope you all have a great holiday and everyone else staying home I hope the weather will be warm and sunny for you all.

So all my work is done, cases packed, beauty regime done , Andys hair has been scalped to the bear skin 😡 new hair dresser, off out to dinner tonight to our favourite restaurant so a chill out day apart from checking in .

Have a wonderful cruise, glad all the planning is done and dusted. Just relax and enjoy now. Look forward to hearing all about it.

@Megabear2 have a good trip, hope the weather up here stays nice for your visit.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, hope  the dogs treatment  today comes to a successful conclusion. 

Some folk I read are getting all excited and giddy over a £5 note with the kings head  on it.

Due out in June.

I Cannot see what all the fuss is about as most uk bank notes have had traces of Charlie on them for years now 🤔 

All take care and have a good day🙂

• Haha 9

9 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I suspect that the ownership, financing and business dealings of most top clubs would not stand up to scrutiny. Lower down the leagues, financial fair play rules seem to have a big effect on limiting clubs’ spending but those in the Premier League and other top leagues throughout the world (where there are rules) appear to be toothless. 

• Like 4

Morning everyone,

Yesterday was a dull and misty start with the sun only getting out mid afternoon, but today is a complete contrast. Wall to wall sunshine and quite warm already, so after a few errands this morning will make the most of the sunshine in the garden.

@Purdey16  hope you both have a good cruise and look forward to hearing about it.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone.  Another early morning  I have rejoined the early risers getting up 5:10 am.

A little grey here but I have put the washing out on the line, hopefully it will dry.because a few bits of blue sky are trying to break through.

The for sale sign is due to go up either today or tomorrow, we have told the neighbours next to us, it was a difficult decision but we have to do what we think is best for us.

So sorry to hear that you have decided to sell. I have found the planning application and I still do not think that it could possibly get passed, but if it does through some sort of backhanded way(?), you have made the right decision. Good luck!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Have a wonderful time on the beautiful Queen Elizabeth who I have very fond and special memories of having sailed on her Maiden voyage with my mum and said goodbye to her from when we had her ashes scattered from Elizabeth in a ceremony six miles from Gibraltar. 

I'm also having Cunard website problems as there's something wrong with their servers apparently but being Cunard they're very laid back and taking the no problem route. My round of haircuts, colouring, nails, toes and other excitement starts on Wednesday.  Meantime today is a ride to town to collect some tights for my cruise. Went to M&S and our local department store on Friday to be told they no longer carry stock and they have to be ordered online into store! Apparently ladies no longer require them so I wonder what that makes me!!

Putting my tin hat on here with the footie fans, but just want to mention the amazing success of the ladies of Chelsea with their fifth title in five years.  So sad to see the departure of the wonderful Emma Hayes to the USA, she'll be sorely missed.  Hmm ... our boys didn't do too bad either in the end!!!

Thinking of everyone who is under the weather, has the worry of family and friends who are unwell or is just a bit down. I hope your problems ease soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone, it's a beautiful world we live in!

Oh, by the way ... meet Designer Sunset and Harry's Rose who sort of adopted me yesterday!!!

20240520_083157.jpg

20240520_083137.jpg

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I suspect that the ownership, financing and business dealings of most top clubs would not stand up to scrutiny. Lower down the leagues, financial fair play rules seem to have a big effect on limiting clubs’ spending but those in the Premier League and other top leagues throughout the world (where there are rules) appear to be toothless. 

Until those charges are investigating and proven or disproven then there will be a question mark hanging over their achievements, the punishments for breach could well be severe including relegation and stripping of titles as well as significant fines. 

To many supporters we see the PL favouring the bigger clubs of the smaller ones, hence the rapid investigations of Forest and Everton. With City and Chelsea under investigation and still no outcome of those investigations it’s no wonder supporters of smaller clubs think the PL have their favourites. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear that you are selling your house and moving in these circumstances.  Hopefully you will find somewhere nice, close to your family and friends.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Chelsea under investigation and still no outcome of those investigations i

Slight difference here though, we actually reported ourselves as we did to EUFA.  We will be damned whatever we do by other fans. Chelsea have accepted the punishment given on two occasions, didn't go to appeal spent a year under a player embargo and paid the EUFA fine last year.  It's not the club or the current ownership who make the decision on the penalties for misdemeanours and breaches, it's the various hierarchies.  We accepted wrong doing and paid up.

Other teams have squirmed and wriggled to get off the hook, City among them along with the big Spanish and Italian teams. The situation with Everton, Foredt and Leicester is ridiculous but Chelsea or for that matter City, are not responsible for that decision.  The constant pushing for investigations of Arsenal and Totttenham is growing yet their "crimes" seem to be related to building new stadiums for the benefit of their fans.  Unlike Man City and West Ham no one came along and gave them what effectively belonged to the tax payers of Manchester and London for virtual peppercorn rents compared with market rates in those two cities.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Josy I’m sorry it’s come to this and I’m hopeful you will find a much more lovely private place for you both , as others have said it might not come to fruition but why worry now and stress yourself out if you are both prepared to move now then the time is right . Good luck in your new house/ bungalow searching.

• Like 6