P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 2/23/2023 at 11:19 PM, Snow Hill said:

Well it I appear to have made the short list for extras for a TV Series being filmed locally, had a email to say they will be in touch regarding the filming and further details of the role. Can’t say anymore, but it is a period piece and expected to be on TV at some point towards end of 2023 early 2024. At the age of 70 my first foray into the world of acting. I did appear in Celebrity Masterchef a few years ago was fed food cooked by Rylan Clark and Cheney Hawkes, who were very chatty off camera, unlike the 2 presenters who were extremely standoffish. 

How exciting! Hope you get chosen, fingers crossed 😊

Edited by P&O SUE

Morning all, looking quite bright here in North Kent, John’s working today so I’m just chilling and doing chores. Yesterday was bitterly cold, even in work! It’s bad enough going up to the office for 8am without it being colder than it is at home! Later I met a fried for coffee so that was good.

When John gets home we’ll pop over to my parents for a couple of hours.

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Early 80s for me - Chancery Lane club?

Different professions Harry. I did drawings for a patent agent. Just behind our office we could see lots of folk in wigs and gowns. When I went up to Wardour Street, lots of folk in wigs and gowns.......🤔🤪

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, kalos said:

Look on the bright Josey 🙂 You could go out for a meal and you don't have to tell us where 

you have been due to faulty Sat-Nav ?

Maybe Mazda have built in non disclosure agreement in the car too ?🤔

I have a German car. I don't use the satnav much. If I don't follow her route I'm in big trouble.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All and Happy Saturday

Just posting to wish you all a good weekend.

I've been up since 4.30 am.  Wide awake and nothing to do but get up. It could be nerves that woke me so early because I'm taking my eldest  granddaughter for a driving lesson this morning. Eeeek!

Have a good one.

Best wishes. Jane xxx

Hope the driving lesson goes well Jane, it’s a great responsibility.

I actually slept right through to 5.45am this morning! We had our new mattress delivered Thursday (wow can’t believe the price of them now!) and I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but I’ve had two decent nights sleeps.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Different professions Harry. I did drawings for a patent agent. Just behind our office we could see lots of folk in wigs and gowns. When I went up to Wardour Street, lots of folk in wigs and gowns.......🤔🤪

We lived in Streatham for a while. Just down from Ambleside Avenue. Lots of wigs and gowns there too. Lots of luncheon vouchers floating around as well. Something to do with Cynthia Payne, I believe…….

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I have a German car. I don't use the satnav much. If I don't follow her route I'm in big trouble.

Ha ha. My friend has a German car and the sat nav lady is very strict and she finds herself apologising if she doesn’t follow the instructions given….. I seem to recall the words “turn right NOW” being repeated quite often!!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

We lived in Streatham for a while. Just down from Ambleside Avenue. Lots of wigs and gowns there too. Lots of luncheon vouchers floating around as well. Something to do with Cynthia Payne, I believe…….

Blimey Harry,our paths cross again.I was based at Barrhill rd SEGAS Streatham for a few months.I know Ambleside Ave well.

22 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Ha ha. My friend has a German car and the sat nav lady is very strict and she finds herself apologising if she doesn’t follow the instructions given….. I seem to recall the words “turn right NOW” being repeated quite often!!

Or we have ways of making you turn right.

• Haha 6

More of the Mazda saga, I have just had a phone call from the service manager at the dealership.  Apparently he has just come into work and found a message on his desk asking him to call me because I was clearly not happy with the wait to get the fault on my car looked at.  He has amazingly found that they can book it in next Friday.  DH has now said that we should get it fixed and then look round for a new car after we get back from holiday so that the new car is not being left with CPS.  Now settling in for a quiet day at home where it is warm rather than walking around in the cold looking at cars.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

The A303 was jammed up going towards stonehenge. I decided to do a diversion onto the A30. She did not like that. For the next 20 miles...turn right......turn right. She the gave up and not another word until Crewkerne. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Blimey Harry,our paths cross again.I was based at Barrhill rd SEGAS Streatham for a few months.I know Ambleside Ave well.

I don’t know, Brian - Shepherd Market, Ambleside Avenue. Where next? Greek Street? Back of King’s Cross station circa 1980? Gas engineer or roving reporter for an updated version of the Ladies’ Directory?

Not that I’m in position to throw stones! Bet you know Shenfield too……

• Haha 1

I've really enjoyed all the twists and turns and coincidences  in our lives that we have heard since yesterday. Shows it's a small world.

Mentioning, Cynthia Payne, as we were, she  was a Speaker at a dinner meeting I attended.  She was as good a speaker as she was a 'madam'  Best speaker we ever had apart from the young Giles Brandreth.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Look on the bright Josey 🙂 You could go out for a meal and you don't have to tell us where 

you have been due to faulty Sat-Nav ?

Maybe Mazda have built in non disclosure agreement in the car too ?🤔

Perhaps have hubby look on y tube, there are some fixes on there, maybe a simple fuse!!

57 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

DH has now said that we should get it fixed and then look round for a new car after we get back from holiday so that the new car is not being left with CPS.

If you are looking for a brand new car, the order lead times are pretty awful - six months seems  to be pretty normal, unless you chance upon a cancelled order.  So better to order sooner rather than later. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If you are looking for a brand new car, the order lead times are pretty awful - six months seems  to be pretty normal, unless you chance upon a cancelled order.  So better to order sooner rather than later. 

Mine was 6 months, although 2 of those it sat waiting on dockside in Zeebrugge due to U.K. customs paperwork delays and transport delays.

Edited by Snow Hill

19 hours ago, happy v said:

You are right. I have just re read it, and it does only apply to travel companies. Thanks I thought it was everything 

I  was just about to ask where you read that about restaurants. Thought I was going mad!!

7 minutes ago, Britboys said:

We should be eating according to the seasons

Growing up my Mum used to feed me with the four seasons, which was ok until 

my dad got home. He preferred Jim Reeves  but the lettuce tasted the same to me  .:classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all well today. 

We have finally made it onto the ship (Azura) after an early morning flight. I have managed to book The Glass House and Sindu restaurants so far. The weather is beautiful so currently laid on a sunned, hubby has gone to get me a Pina Colada. All is good!!! 

Take care everyone and have a nice weekend 

Michelle

• Like 20