P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I popped into my wife's shop today in my uniform to drop off her lunch. Noticed a family (kids not in school) being loud and not wearing masks. Telling everyone they were from doncaster on holiday.......I asked them where their masks were and the guy stayed quiet but his nice lady said all exempt and laughed. I then kinda lost it and went a little drill Sargent on them, everyone clapped and they quickly left the shop. The husband came back a couple hours later in a mask and said sorry to the staff. 

All some people need is a good telling off

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great loyal supporters.

Dalton Park Retail outlet is now on the Murton Colliery site.

The Sunderland Stadium of Light was built on the site of Wearmouth Colliery.

First visit, not old enough to get in to the Black Cat club, so spent all morning playing football in the car park.

Had paid 26 shilling for return trip on the coach ,from Fulham to the game.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

North Wales is beautifully given the weather your pictures bring back happy memories, I lived and worked on the Isle of Anglesey in the 1970s.

It's not so .nice in the Winter with  gale blowing in off the Irish Sea.

It is - I had a lovely visit there years ago with a friend, and have been back many times since.

How is your grandson getting on?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

First visit, not old enough to get in to the Black Cat club, so spent all morning playing football in the car park.

Had paid 26 shilling for return trip on the coach ,from Fulham to the game.

The old Roker Park stadium is now a housing estate with names like Midfield Drive.

My late uncle was assistant secretary then secretary and was instrumental in starting up the Black Cat Club.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I can tell you the most valuable, precious part of that ring is the lady who wears it . :classic_smile:

Well Kalos!!! What a sweet talking romantic you are. Who says Yorkshire men have no romance in their soul?💘

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well Kalos!!! What a sweet talking romantic you are. Who says Yorkshire men have no romance in their soul?💘

Avril

I'm not that romantic Mrs Kalos  said i never buy her flowers. I didn’t even know she sold flowers. :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

It is - I had a lovely visit there years ago with a friend, and have been back many times since.

How is your grandson getting on?

My Grandson is doing well thank you, we spent some time with him in the garden at the weekend.

We have to keep our distance has he will have to continue to be shielded for a while.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I popped into my wife's shop today in my uniform to drop off her lunch. Noticed a family (kids not in school) being loud and not wearing masks. Telling everyone they were from doncaster on holiday.......I asked them where their masks were and the guy stayed quiet but his nice lady said all exempt and laughed. I then kinda lost it and went a little drill Sargent on them, everyone clapped and they quickly left the shop. The husband came back a couple hours later in a mask and said sorry to the staff. 

All some people need is a good telling off

Pleased you and Dermotsgirl had a quiet word with the people you met.:classic_wink::classic_wink:

Never mind a new day and people will be getting the message now.

Things like ..No driving to Durham to test your eyesight and wear your mask 

and don't forget report anyone Not wearing a mask.

Seems fair enough and stright forward to me ..What a nice day it is today , 

I think I will sit in the garden and read the newspaper headlines.

https://www.metro.news/as-pm-brings-in-10pm-curfew-on-pubs-and-restaurants-one-of-his-mps-flouts-travel-rules/2155100/

Have a nice day everyone !  :classic_smile: 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I started my first job in 1973 and worked in a TA for 1 year before working in a bank.

Sunderland won the FA Cup in 1973 fantastic memories.

Sorry, but I have to agree to disagree on the second one! Blummin Jim Montgomery... ☹️

• Like 1

Our 19th wedding anniversary today & the weather is just as good as it was on this day back in 2001. We usually have a meal out but we're still keeping ourselves to ourselves for the most part and money is tight anyway so it's a McDonalds drive through breakfast to celebrate (and before anyone comments it was Michelle's choice).

IMG_1167.JPG

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Our 19th wedding anniversary today & the weather is just as good as it was on this day back in 2001. We usually have a meal out but we're still keeping ourselves to ourselves for the most part and money is tight anyway so it's a McDonalds drive through breakfast to celebrate (and before anyone comments it was Michelle's choice).

IMG_1167.JPG

Happy Anniversary! Mark and I occasionally have a Mcdonalds when on holiday!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DamianG said:

anniversary-animated-image-2.gif.98c50776c5a8f5cac0cd7bb6c60e8930.gif

Enjoy your day together & your Mcdonalds

Best wishes to you both  ! :classic_smile::classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DamianG said:

IMG_1167.JPG

Happy Anniversary!  And a great breakfast choice too.  Really love their breakfasts as a bit of a treat - great start to the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DamianG said:

IMG_1167.JPG

Congratulations to you both and I hope you enjoyed your Anniversary breakfast. 

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DamianG said:

IMG_1167.JPG

Congratulations to you both, have a fantastic day

Andy & Michelle 

• Thanks 1