P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Hi all,thanks @yorkshirephil Phil,our voucher was on the doormat.Booked our Marella cruise for the 22nd today.When we got our refund I put it into a easy access account and paid for our recent holiday on my credit card.Paid that off today so booked the cruise on the cc.That will be paid off with the rest of the refund plus £1300 by the end of July.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 4

I had no plans for today, but a friend sent a text asking if I wanted to meet up in Penzance, Sainsburys for a coffee. I then called into Tesco to pick up a couple of bits I had forgotten yesterday, and met up with two other friends and started chatting, and then of course got chatting with the cashier, I know at the checkout. So a quick trip ended up as anything but! 

Our weather has also cleared up, it's partially sunny, but the wind is making it feel on the chilly side.

• Like 5

Despite being 'retired' I still get the chance to volunteer and go on some trips with the children. Had an amazing day walking up on the Roaches in Leek from Gradbach to Lud's Church today. It was stunning. I can't feel my legs now and even the vet asked me if I needed a steroid to help me earlier but for those of you who are close to this area and have never been, give it a go..... It is stunning.

(I have to do it all again on Friday so I can feel the need to put a bottle of wine in the fridge ready for my return !)

• Like 11

Back from the meet-up and lunch with my cousins, there were 12 of us at the lunch.

After introductions to the newly found 2 cousins from Manchester and Adelaide, we then spent the time talking about family, exchanging photos and addresses. The 4 hours we spent together flew by too quickly, but we will be keeping in touch and hope to meet up again at some point. 

My cousin brought his daughter and son along, and it turns out that his son lives in the next street to where we live and we never knew. 

As my cousin’s daughter said it was like an episode of “Long lost Family” without the cameras and presenters. 

• Like 18

Good morning ,I remember one of our lads saying that he had seen an 

alien on his way to work .

Question is how did he know it was on it's way to work ? 😕

The footie was good last night ,the Turkish goalie pulled off an amazing save 

that sent Austria back home.

Not a lot doing on this damp morning but whatever your up to ,take care and have a good one .

• Like 10

Good morning.

It is raining and 11°C here.

Nothing planned for today.

I hope everyone is feeling well and have a great day.

On Iona at the front of the ship while walking around the promenade you can see the crew deck but on Arvia the structure has an added piece higher by about 2 feet which means the front balconies on deck 8 have even less view but privacy for the crew.

IMG_20240616_104549.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

A damp morning here after overnight rain, due to clear later so I can finish off the veg planter today.

Having seen the news from the Caribbean this morning and the devastation caused to Grenada, St Lucia and Barbados by hurricane Beryl, we can be thankful we don’t see storms of this level in the UK

My cousins wife yesterday took a call from her cousin in Jamaica whilst at lunch yesterday saying they had been advised to stock up on food, water and essentials as Beryl was due to hit them today. 

• Like 8

Good morning, I thought I’d catch you up with DS’s good news… He got his results yesterday & he achieved a first Honours  degree (bachelor of science in geography)! Massively proud of him, particularly after his starting indecisions (changing courses & then changing back) & big housing issues his second year, not forgetting the tail end of you know what & girl friend woes! Have a great day everyone. X 

• Like 19

19 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Good morning, I thought I’d catch you up with DS’s good news… He got his results yesterday & he achieved a first Honours  degree (bachelor of science in geography)! Massively proud of him, particularly after his starting indecisions (changing courses & then changing back) & big housing issues his second year, not forgetting the tail end of you know what & girl friend woes! Have a great day everyone. X 

Congratulations to your son. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

A damp morning here after overnight rain, due to clear later so I can finish off the veg planter today.

Having seen the news from the Caribbean this morning and the devastation caused to Grenada, St Lucia and Barbados by hurricane Beryl, we can be thankful we don’t see storms of this level in the UK

My cousins wife yesterday took a call from her cousin in Jamaica whilst at lunch yesterday saying they had been advised to stock up on food, water and essentials as Beryl was due to hit them today. 

Yes, looking a bit grim for some of those folk. Poor old Granada got hit again. I hope the Cruise companies don't avoid the affected Islands. The people will need the revenue.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 10

42 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Wonderful news for you all @Caullkhead but especially for your DS. Many congratulations for a stunning achievement. Jane xx

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Fantastic news for you and congratulations to your son.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

Congratulations to your son, a fantastic achievement and even more so with the challenges he’s had. Sometimes our youngsters get a bad press but I take my hat off to those who carried on through difficult times and emerge successful, including my daughter who had 2/3 of her degree affected by the pandemic. Architecture was rather challenging to study during lockdown!

• Like 8

That all looks yummy Graham.  Is Sarah well?  Is her new friendship progressing?  I remember you talked of her “young mam” a while back.

It’s a sunny morning here.  Always nice to wake up to clear blue sky.  Polls open in half an hour.  I get my vein procedure this morning (eek) and that’s all the plans I’ve made for today.  We’ll see how it pans out.

Hope everyone has a good day

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

We've had a postal vote for years now due to our travels to Italy.We don't need it now but kept it going so we voted a couple of weeks ago.Off to Basingstoke today for a couple of nights to see SIL. 

• Like 9

Morning on this bright and sunny morning ,well it is here at the moment.

We too have postal votes ,so that's sorted .

How things have changed over the years .We used to have two guys 

driving around the streets in a Morris Minor van with a speaker attached

to the roof which was almost as big as the car .

Never could understand half of what they were saying, about as clear as

our rag and bone man ,maybe it was him.

I keep looking out for Alice Cooper as he said he wanted to be elected

but you never see him on the ballot papers .

Anyway I vote we all have a good day ,take care .🙂

Edited by kalos
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1

Morning all, things here have gone downhill weather wise and otherwise!

On Monday John was on his day off so he picked me up from work and we went to Bluewater for a late lunch and a bit of shopping. Got home about 4.30pm (after leaving the house at 7.30am) Five minutes later got a call from mum’s home, she was having trouble with her breathing and they’d sent her to hospital!

So … got to see her in resus , they’d stabilised her and got her on fluids and oxygen. Said they’d look to get her onto a ward the next day.

Tuesday they’d moved her to ‘majors’ which is sort of an overspill to A&E, it’s like hell on earth! It’s packed and noisy. We couldn’t get any info out of anyone - I fed her a yogurt which was the only thing she’d eaten all day 😡

No sign of space in a ward.

Yesterday I phoned at 6am (seems best time to get through!) and they said she was ok but still not on a ward. Walking home from work I get a call from the Home telling me she’d arrived back to the home on hospital transport!! They had not called me to tell me! If the home had not called me we’d have being going to the hospital to visit! 

Obviously pleased she was back we rushed up there to find her sitting in her chair in the lounge treated like visiting royalty! The staff thought she looked a bit rough but we said she looked so much better than when she was in the hospital. What a performance!!

• Like 12