P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have some old ones left but I wonder if they are still accurate?

We checked the use by date on the outer box they came in and were advised

not to use after this date by our health centre as they may not be accurate .

36 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Did you use a new test kit, or an old one from the pandemic era. We have some old ones left but I wonder if they are still accurate?

Check the use by date on the box. 

20 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We had one box well inside the use by date, but some of the test liquid vials had virtually dried out.

Brian tops them up with Voddy. He hasn't tested positive.

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, delgirl said:

DH just tested positive for you know what today😚 It means it will be even longer before we can visit our eldest daughter. She has severe MS and is under paliative care. She is not very well at all but we just can't chance it.

I'm sorry to hear your news

Prayers 🙏 for your oldest daughter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Did you use a new test kit, or an old one from the pandemic era. We have some old ones left but I wonder if they are still accurate?

Had to buy some new ones as old ones were out of date. Supposed to get free ones with our cancers but had none in stock. £9 for five tests.

Back to reality for us today, into Barnsley for breakfast and a bit of shopping. Once the rain stopped and the sun came out it was very pleasant.

Happy Yorkshire day.

May be an image of 1 person and text

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, delgirl said:

Had to buy some new ones as old ones were out of date. Supposed to get free ones with our cancers but had none in stock. £9 for five tests.

Amazon has 5 for £6.99, same ones that Boots sell.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Amazon has 5 for £6.99, same ones that Boots sell.

not on prime so would have to pay for delivery, but thank you for the heads up.

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Back to reality for us today, into Barnsley for breakfast and a bit of shopping. Once the rain stopped and the sun came out it was very pleasant.

Happy Yorkshire day.

May be an image of 1 person and text

Never a truer word spoken Phil and I'm sure Mrs YP, Mrs Kalos and Mrs Terrierjohn think the same.😉

Avril

• Like 2

I have been bowling and lost, our team had our worst result that we have had this season. More practice needed.

I got home to discover that we are dog sitting next Tuesday as my sister, her son-in-law and grandchildren are off on a cruise, and DH didn't think to ask how long they are going for so I don't know how long we have him for but he is a fantastic dog and is used honour house.  This will be the first holiday that they have had since my niece passed away.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been bowling and lost, our team had our worst result that we have had this season. More practice needed.

I got home to discover that we are dog sitting next Tuesday as my sister, her son-in-law and grandchildren are off on a cruise, and DH didn't think to ask how long they are going for so I don't know how long we have him for but he is a fantastic dog and is used to our house.  This will be the first holiday that they have had since my niece passed away.

Corrected auto correct :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, delgirl said:

DH just tested positive for you know what today😚 It means it will be even longer before we can visit our eldest daughter. She has severe MS and is under paliative care. She is not very well at all but we just can't chance it.

I hope you are both feeling much better now and start testing negative so you can visit your daughter soon .

• Like 6

Good morning everyone.  It is another warm day here already 18° and predicted to get up to 23° later so a lazy day around the house other than when we go for lunch, we have booked at a place that we first started going when we were about 19 or 20 before we were married so good memories within those walls.  The it has changed over the years along with the landords but the food is still good.  We usually see one of my ex work colleagues and his sister who I know through bowling so get to have a little catch up.

Have a great day whatever you are doing.

• Like 10

Morning 😃 Looks to be the makings of a nice day ,bright and sunny at the moment 

so may sit out and enjoy it whilst it lasts .

@Adawn47  Thanks for those lovely sentiments.I'm sure most Yorkshiremen are 

kind and generous to a fault (providing it don't cost to much). One thing they don't 

like is waste ,hence John and his testing kits 😉🤣

The best thing about Yorkshire is the folks ability to laugh with others and most 

importantly at themselves ...

A Yorkshire woman and her grandson are at the beach having a nice day in 

Bridlington, having a grand time they were .

When out of nowhere, a huge wave comes and sweeps him out to sea.
Horrified she drops to her knees and pleads, "Please God, save my only grandchild.

I beg of you, my life has no meaning without him. Please bring him back God."

Suddenly a big wave comes and washes the boy back onto the beach, good as new.
She looks up to heaven and says: " Nar then ,he had a hat!" 🙃

Everyone take care and have a good day 🙂

• Haha 14

Morning all,

Another sunny day although a bit cloudy at present. 

Busy day as have a Tesco click and collect order to collect in Penzance. I just hope the traffic isn't too bad, as it has been horrendous lately, it seems worse than normal for this time of year. Then some baking for a party tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Never a truer word spoken Phil and I'm sure Mrs YP, Mrs Kalos and Mrs Terrierjohn think the same.😉

Avril

+1, we were both born in Bradford but dare I say it moved to Lancashire 6 years ago

Michelle

• Like 5

17 hours ago, zap99 said:

Brian tops them up with Voddy. He hasn't tested positive.

You know me too well mate.4 quid a bottle,Lidl Bulgaria.👍

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

+1, we were both born in Bradford but dare I say it moved to Lancashire 6 years ago

Michelle

I'm originally from Staines in Middlesex and Dad's job bought us to Yorkshire in 1959. One of the best things he did was to bring me to this wonderful part of England.

Avril 

• Like 5