P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, we had a nice Bank holiday yesterday as we took a trip to Ramsgate.

Tuesdays are my day off so I’m sorting out various admin for my mum!

IMG_1661.jpeg

IMG_1670.jpeg

Love those toenails 😁. Joyful photo - well deserved too!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Another grey morning here.  I have checked the forecast and it looks like it will stay like this all day.  I just hope that the forecast is right and the rain keeps away until after 6pm.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, brian1 said:

One bloke said"blimey I thought that was a coffin lid mate".

One man and his Board , you could take it to the coast Brian 🙃😉🤣

image.jpeg.b8faa5adb691e1dd1cb0fc79cde094f2.jpegimage.jpeg.386831a2d16484d5471b43879cf35837.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

We are forecast a good day, so 🤞.  The sun is hiding at the moment.

I thought Brian’s freebie plywood was a coffin lid too.  10/10 for initiative and for reducing avoidable waste.  So much stuff ends up in skips that doesn’t need to

So pleased for you @P&O SUE that you had a lovely relaxing day yesterday 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Love those toenails 😁. Joyful photo - well deserved too!

What’s the blue and the big yellow ball in the sky, been too long, can’t remember what it is.

Glad you had a nice day.

• Like 7

Morning to you all,

Another windy day and dull, with rain forecast. 

Yesterday while looking for some material to make a skirt I found some material that might appeal to Zapp, it's got his name written all over it!

polycotton-fabric-comic-book-sounds-smash-boom-zap-wham.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

13 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

What’s the blue and the big yellow ball in the sky, been too long, can’t remember what it is.

Glad you had a nice day.

I think you had much better than us in June/July. Unusually we’ve had a much better August than June and July!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kalos said:

One man and his Board , you could take it to the coast Brian 🙃😉🤣

image.jpeg.b8faa5adb691e1dd1cb0fc79cde094f2.jpegimage.jpeg.386831a2d16484d5471b43879cf35837.jpeg

Don't like that blokes whistle,I'm much cooler.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

We are forecast a good day, so 🤞.  The sun is hiding at the moment.

I thought Brian’s freebie plywood was a coffin lid too.  10/10 for initiative and for reducing avoidable waste.  So much stuff ends up in skips that doesn’t need to

So pleased for you @P&O SUE that you had a lovely relaxing day yesterday 

I'm just a tight sod with more front than Sainsbury,s.That wood cost 35 quid a sheet when I renewed the shed floor a few months back.

• Like 1

Just back from a cruise on Arcadia. Weather not too good unfortunately and we missed the Lofoten Islands. However Trondheim and Åndalsnes were great. 
Food in MDR at night was good, lots of different vegetables. Lunch also good. Two meals at Sindhu were lovely, not so keen on Ocean Grill. 
Didn’t do any shows but the bar singers etc were not great. There was a classical duo in the Globe. 
All staff were very good and pleasant. 

Main issue is the lack of drinks available. There are not enough different liqueurs or cocktails, it is all very limited. There used to be such a large selection. 
Next cruises are on Ventura, Britannia and Arvia so trust Arcadia is still around in 2027. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Just back from a cruise on Arcadia. Weather not too good unfortunately and we missed the Lofoten Islands. However Trondheim and Åndalsnes were great. 
Food in MDR at night was good, lots of different vegetables. Lunch also good. Two meals at Sindhu were lovely, not so keen on Ocean Grill. 
Didn’t do any shows but the bar singers etc were not great. There was a classical duo in the Globe. 
All staff were very good and pleasant. 

Main issue is the lack of drinks available. There are not enough different liqueurs or cocktails, it is all very limited. There used to be such a large selection. 
Next cruises are on Ventura, Britannia and Arvia so trust Arcadia is still around in 2027. 

Thank you.

We are sailing on her for the first time in November, so it was interesting to read your review.

Cloudy and dull here today.

Early start for me as I took the car in for its service and MOT. Four years old and only 24000 miles. The lady on reception asked whether I wanted approved or Citroen spares, "what's the difference" I asked. "£80" she said. "Approved parts it is then".

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Cloudy and dull here today.

Early start for me as I took the car in for its service and MOT. Four years old and only 24000 miles. The lady on reception asked whether I wanted approved or Citroen spares, "what's the difference" I asked. "£80" she said. "Approved parts it is then".

Spot on Phil,they do try it on just for a few generic filters,lol.

• Like 1

Screenshot_20240827-184231_Instagram.jpg.ed78a6b160003668d97ffed69f784f34.jpg

We used to see the lorry delivering meat and vegetables if we were in one of the classrooms that overlooked the back of the kitchen.

DH went to a nearby school that didn't have kitchens so their dinners were cooked at our school and transported by a van to their school.

We have opposite opinions of the meals, I hated them but he liked them.

Edited by Josy1953

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We used to see the lorry delivering meat and vegetables if we were in one of the classrooms that overlooked the back of the kitchen.

DH went to a nearby school that didn't have kitchens so their dinners were cooked at our school and transported by a van to their school.

The junior and grammar schools I attended both had kitchens and prepared excellent meals. 

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I always tried to get on the 2nd sitting so I could queue up for "seconds" at the end.😋.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My late mam was the cook supervisor at the infants/junior school near us and cooked the dinners in the school kitchen.

It is 14°C and cloudy here.

I hope everyone is well and have a nice day.

• Like 3

Good morning everyone.  Yesterday I woke up feeling cheerful, and soon after had a nasty chest pain which luckily went away (sure it was not serious ), so today I will just say OK so far!

Hope that applies to everyone, and that the weather might just oblige with a few more truly summery days.

• Like 4

Good morning everyone, it’s raining here at the moment. Our dogs were not too keen to go on walkies this morning, they are definitely fine weather dogs.

Not much planned for today apart from usual household type jobs.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 3

Good morning, A bit grey and cool here today, hopefully it will improve later.

A busy day is planned :

Appointment for a blood test at the surgery, though why they couldn't do it last week when I was there for a cholesterol checkup I don't know.

A trip into town get my hair cut

Monthly sisters meal out, we are going to a Greek restaurant that I have never been to.  One of the brothers in law is the chauffeur this time so DH has given me some money to buy us a drink.

Havd a good day whatever you are doing.

• Like 6

Morning all

It’s Wednesday walk day for me, with the weather looking decent, thank goodness.  I’ve been to the market already, so 3000+ steps already in the bag.  I think that’s as exciting as it gets though

Hope everyone’s day is good

• Like 5