P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree,we have personally adhered strictly to all the guidelines but

If only Boris had reprimanded Cummings people's attitudes would have been different.

This is where we disagree Graham  I accept that Cummings was wrong.  But I don't agree that the party crowds ignoring any sort of social distancing have been influenced by him, they are just hedonists and would have behaved this way regardless.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

This is where we disagree Graham  I accept that Cummings was wrong.  But I don't agree that the party crowds ignoring any sort of social distancing have been influenced by him, they are just hedonists and would have behaved this way regardless.

Probably that group of individuals would always act that way.

It is the 50+ age group who would comply without question who have given up a lot to do the right thing who feel let down by people who think rules don't apply to them and 3 high profile people in the news today have proved this.

Edited by grapau27

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Probably that group of individuals would always act that way.

It is the 50+ age group who would comply without question who have given up a lot to do the right thing who feel let down by people who think rules don't apply to them and 3 high profile people in the news today have proved this.

Stanley and Jeremy, but who was the third?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I’m confused too. Never know what’s going on. Sticking to the house just seems like the best way to keep out of trouble lately 

I intend to use my own initative and do what I think is best. I'd rather trust myself than someone who's not even on the same planet anymore. All his ''special advisers'' have got him so confused he doesn't know which way is up anymore.

Avril

• Like 1

Just now, Adawn47 said:

I intend to use my own initative and do what I think is best. I'd rather trust myself than someone who's not even on the same planet anymore. All his ''special advisers'' have got him so confused he doesn't know which way is up anymore.

Avril

I imagine, Avril, he now knows the meaning of the word 'down'.  And 'out'.  Looking increasingly like yesterday's man, but who's to take over?

Sunak?  Gove?  Hunt?  Grayling?  Harding? 

I'd back Grayson Perry.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It makes concientious people too frightened to go out and mix with friends or family outside because it is contradictory but people like Cummings know it is full of loopholes.

It is advisory only not to mix outdoors but up to 6 people can still do this.

It’s got to the point where it’s not possible to know all of the restrictions in all of the areas.

The only thing we can do is to know what applies to us personally. 

Where I live, the are lower than average and dropped slightly in the last week, so we still don’t have any additional measures.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I imagine, Avril, he now knows the meaning of the word 'down'.  And 'out'.  Looking increasingly like yesterday's man, but who's to take over?

I'd back Grayson Perry.

The artist??  How about Mr Bean?

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I agree,we have personally adhered strictly to all the guidelines but

If only Boris had reprimanded Cummings people's attitudes would have been more tolerant of all the lockdown implications.

We’ve done everything that’s been asked of us, and will continue to do so, as we want to stop the spread of the virus.

At the start of the lockdown, there was very much the feeling that we were all in this together, but Johnson lost the moral authority to tell us what to do with the Cummings incident.

Although most people are still adhering to the rules, many people are angry about about Cummings . 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I'd back Grayson Perry.

Once he has secured a deal and we are well and truly outside the EU, then I guess he will be only too happy to go and let Rishi have the reins.  He can have his journalist job back then, and be able to afford to pay his alimony and provide for his children.

And he will be able to tell us all exactly what he thinks of us, at least in his Times column.

• Like 2

Just now, Dermotsgirl said:

Was he the one on the train without a mask? Good thing he wasn’t on my train, I’d have given him a right earful! 

That's right. He even kicked up a fuss because someone had caught him and took a picture. Where are the consequences for his actions. The only one's so far are Corbin who's been fined (no surprise there) and Margaret Ferrier has been suspended. It's definitely a case of ''do as I say, not as I do''

Avril

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It’s got to the point where it’s not possible to know all of the restrictions in all of the areas.

The only thing we can do is to know what applies to us personally. 

Where I live, the are lower than average and dropped slightly in the last week, so we still don’t have any additional measures.

I agree.

We are in a restricted area but can still go out for a meal but now we can't take our niece to the restaurant with us but we can see her outside still and take shopping through for her but have to leave it at her door.

We both work predominantly from home and have lovely beaches within 10 minutes drive so we can live relatively Normally.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We’ve done everything that’s been asked of us, and will continue to do so, as we want to stop the spread of the virus.

At the start of the lockdown, there was very much the feeling that we were all in this together, but Johnson lost the moral authority to tell us what to do with the Cummings incident.

Although most people are still adhering to the rules, many people are angry about about Cummings . 

I Absolutely agree.

Cummings explanation was a joke with no apology and Boris condoning him meant we lost a lot of respect for him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you, not quite a cruise but at least we'll have a balcony and a sea view 

I’m not packing until I finish work at 4pm tomorrow but we have loads of clothes out in my spare room/ temporary office ready. I hate packing for all different weathers. The weather looks dreadful for the journey down 😒

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’m not packing until I finish work at 4pm tomorrow but we have loads of clothes out in my spare room/ temporary office ready. I hate packing for all different weathers. The weather looks dreadful for the journey down 😒

Take care tomorrow on your journey.

I hope you have a nice holiday.

Graham.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

who the heck is she?

She's an SNP MP who travelled from Scotland to London even though she didn't feel well and had a covid test done. She spoke in parliment and then recieved a positive covid result. She then boarded a train the next day and travelled all the wat back to Scotland. Very responsible I don't think.

Avril

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I Absolutely agree.

Cummings explanation was a joke with no apology and Boris condoning him meant we lost a lot of respect for him.

The most annoying thing for me was that they assumed we were so stupid and guillible that we would actually believe it, and if we had the audacity to question it we were  ignored.

Avril

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

She's an SNP MP who travelled from Scotland to London even though she didn't feel well and had a covid test done. She spoke in parliment and then recieved a positive covid result. She then boarded a train the next day and travelled all the wat back to Scotland. Very responsible I don't think.

Avril

At least Nicola Sturgeon has condemned her.

It was unlawful and selfish what that SNP MP did and another one who thinks rules don't apply to her.

Graham.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The most annoying thing for me was that they assumed we were so stupid and guillible that we would actually believe it, and if we had the audacity to question it we were  ignored.

Avril

It was contempt and arrogance by the pair of them and I was a supporter of them both before this but not now.

Graham

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Take care tomorrow on your journey.

I hope you have a nice holiday.

Graham.

Thanks Graham. I’m not the driver but I find motorways very stressful with all the lorries, add in heavy rain and I’m going to have tense legs!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Thanks Graham. I’m not the driver but I find motorways very stressful with all the lorries, add in heavy rain and I’m going to have tense legs!!

Pauline is the same as a passenger,it's not so bad for me as the driver but being a Rep most of my life I am used to driving long distances every day.

Give yourselves plenty of time and drive carefully, hopefully you might miss rush hour and the worst of the rain.

Graham.

• Like 1