P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I’m not packing until I finish work at 4pm tomorrow but we have loads of clothes out in my spare room/ temporary office ready. I hate packing for all different weathers. The weather looks dreadful for the journey down 😒

I love packing for all my holidays and start planning usually months or weeks out hiding my pile somewhere so my husband doesn’t see 😂 

Have a lovely holiday sue and hope the weather is good for you , safe journey to where you are going and take your time travelling and relax 😎

• Like 3

I’m not packing until I finish work at 4pm tomorrow but we have loads of clothes out in my spare room/ temporary office ready. I hate packing for all different weathers. The weather looks dreadful for the journey down [emoji19]

Yes it does [emoji15] doesn’t make for a relaxing journey. We’ve got to go and collect daughter’s luggage and baby stuff tomorrow after lunch so thought I’d pack early, but now I’ve been awake since 4 am mentally changing my clothes choices.....again [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 2

Thanks Graham. I’m not the driver but I find motorways very stressful with all the lorries, add in heavy rain and I’m going to have tense legs!!

I’m the same. We tend to go M3 & A303 rather than M4, less motorway driving, but you do often get a little queue past Stonehenge.
Have a good journey and enjoy your holiday [emoji4]

• Like 2

14 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Italy is doing really well at present, obviously you're still enjoying high temps which will be helping to reduce the spread, but clearly it's not just that  because Spain and France are seeing higher infection rates, and Spain is generally hotter than Italy.

TBH I dont really understand why you are coming back to the UK, when everything seems better where you are now.

Hi,we are supposed to be in the UK now for a month but let our flight go.If things calm down a bit we will drive back on the 30th Oct.We've been here since early March,so have to see the family some time,especially Christmas,cheers,Brian.PS we are getting a bit of a spike here at the moment,but not too bad yet.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I’m not packing until I finish work at 4pm tomorrow but we have loads of clothes out in my spare room/ temporary office ready. I hate packing for all different weathers. The weather looks dreadful for the journey down 😒

Rain and wind has been lashing down all night here in Devon,  and,  as you say, the forecast looks pretty bleak for today and tomorrow. However, a holiday is still a holiday, and I'm sure you will enjoy the break. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I imagine, Avril, he now knows the meaning of the word 'down'.  And 'out'.  Looking increasingly like yesterday's man, but who's to take over?

Sunak?  Gove?  Hunt?  Grayling?  Harding? 

I'd back Grayson Perry.

Larry the Cat 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I love packing for all my holidays and start planning usually months or weeks out hiding my pile somewhere so my husband doesn’t see 😂 

Have a lovely holiday sue and hope the weather is good for you , safe journey to where you are going and take your time travelling and relax 😎

Thank you very much. Husband’s 60th on the Monday and he’s worked as normal throughout so I really hope he gets to relax.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I’m the same. We tend to go M3 & A303 rather than M4, less motorway driving, but you do often get a little queue past Stonehenge.
Have a good journey and enjoy your holiday emoji4.png

Thank you and you 😊 We go that way too. Just accepting the weather will be rough at the weekend and hope it gets better than forecast after that!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Rain and wind has been lashing down all night here in Devon,  and,  as you say, the forecast looks pretty bleak for today and tomorrow. However, a holiday is still a holiday, and I'm sure you will enjoy the break. 

Thanks wowzz, inspired by you I’ve booked us in for Sunday lunch at a pub nearby for Sunday!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It’s got to the point where it’s not possible to know all of the restrictions in all of the areas.

The only thing we can do is to know what applies to us personally. 

Where I live, the are lower than average and dropped slightly in the last week, so we still don’t have any additional measures.

My local Authority weekly update came out yesterday we have 66 new cases, up 78% over last 2 weeks, now have a rate of 37 in 100,000 lower than the West Midlands Rate of 62/100000 and national rate of 58/10000. 

4 cases are in care homes, 14 in educational settings and 48 in the community, 850 school or nursery age children are self isolating.

The Council also issued a warning to hospitality about legal requirements to take details of customers and table service, I suspect they know those who are flouting rules, especially as in combination with police last weekend they closed down a wedding venue which had a wedding with in excess of 100 people attending. The venue has been fined £10,000 as a result. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you very much. Husband’s 60th on the Monday and he’s worked as normal throughout so I really hope he gets to relax.

Sending our 60th birthday wishes to him and hope you both get to relax and have a great time.

Graham.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thanks wowzz, inspired by you I’ve booked us in for Sunday lunch at a pub nearby for Sunday!

The one thing that has struck us this week, is that a little more pre-planning is required than before. So, we have pre-booked a table every time we went out for a meal. With every pub/restaurant having fewer tables, you can't just stroll in and expect to be seated immediately.  Last night we had take away fish and chips.  Pre-ordered on line, and just walked in and picked them up at our chosen time! 

• Like 3

It is pouring down, more important there is a distinct smell of gas in my porch where the gas meter is located, I thought I had smelt it for a few days but now need to report it. Last time 30 years ago they had to replace all the pipework inside the house 😱

The good news is if you have COVID you may well not be able to smell it at all 🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

It is pouring down, more important there is a distinct smell of gas in my porch where the gas meter is located, I thought I had smelt it for a few days but now need to report it. Last time 30 years ago they had to replace all the pipework inside the house 😱

The good news is if you have COVID you may well not be able to smell it at all 🤔

ohh Dave I do hope it’s nothing major and a lot of disruption for you 😳

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi,we are supposed to be in the UK now for a month but let our flight go.If things calm down a bit we will drive back on the 30th Oct.We've been here since early March,so have to see the family some time,especially Christmas,cheers,Brian.PS we are getting a bit of a spike here at the moment,but not too bad yet.

I read about the spike in cases in Italy again, It seems to be happening world wide, some countries worse than others. Even New Zealand where they had completely eradicated it. Italy seemed to have clamped down pretty quickly, a lesson others could  do well learning. I hope you can get back to be with your family over Christmas bro, so take care when travelling and stay safe.

Sis

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, davecttr said:

It is pouring down, more important there is a distinct smell of gas in my porch 

Goodness, I really hope  it's sorted quickly.. let us know.

How about this for innovation...  There's a Hotel near Gatwick that has a courtyard surrounded by rooms with big windows.  They are staging a short series of Tribute Concerts.  After  two course pre theatre meal you stay at your open window with your complimentary bottle of Prosecco and watch/dance your way through the concert.   You can book a 'non view' room for a couple of family members and they come into your room to watch.

Our one is a Queen concert there are others including Elton and Take That..  Drinks and any room service is left outside your door and  it sounds like you are encouraged to sing along and dance.  Its also shown on the tv. 

All Covid willing of course, and all regulations and precautions taken.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Happy Birthday to your husband for Monday, and I hope you both have a lovely relaxing holiday.

Avril

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I’m currently doing my packing for a week’s holiday in Devon & have re-packed the whole case 3 times so far, trying to fit enough warm jumpers in 🥴 I’m hoping that by having a case full of jeans and jumpers the weather might brighten up. There will only be my hubbie & me in the car do we should have loads of space but we seem to be taking everything but the kitchen sink for my daughter and the baby as her car is tiny. I’m terrible for not being able to pack light.
I love the thought of getting organised and starting the packing but it all goes pear shaped once I start!

10 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Have a nice holiday and with all that packing don't forget your cossies & your drinks 476994388_cossiecruisers.gif.cbfcbdcd6b3b5ac2c94c486736a64c33.gif

Have a good time :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Thank you and you 😊 We go that way too. Just accepting the weather will be rough at the weekend and hope it gets better than forecast after that!

We might pass each other in various service stations ☺️

Wednesday is looking like it could be the driest day.

Reported the gas leak and a engineer should be here within the hour. Switched off the gas and the central heating boiler. Luckily I have an oil filled radiator and three fan heaters. Kettle, microwave and electric shower. glad it is not mid winter.

Last time the leak was beneath the concrete lounge floor do they ran a new pipe up the wall and around the bedroom and down into the kitchen. He did a good job and it was completed the day I reported the leak. Poor man took ages to take up those wooden floor panels they use nowadays

• Like 2