P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

After Wowzz playing Bingo, there won't be any left... 😊

If its any consolation, my Mum was much older than you, you must have been a very young mum... 

Andy 

I'm slurping a bit less than normal - trying to pace myself.

After Strictly we watched the Coldplay film on Sky Arts. Great film, and made me feel old, as I bought Parachutes when it first came out, and I suddenly find out that 20 years have passed.  Where did those years go?

For me Jamie or Bill should go, preferably Jamie.  Unfortunately Jamie apparently has a huge social media following so he will probably survive so I think it will be either Ranvir or Bill.

I think that he winner has to be either Maisie or Hrvy.

Edited by Josy1953

In contrast we have a filthy day.  Dark with heavy sheeting rain - and forecast not to ease.  Thank goodness we don’t get these too often.  It’s very mild though, if you enjoy warm rain

Roast chicken dinner to help block out the outdoors.  TV sport, good book. Today and tomorrow to go through, then an extra minute of afternoon daylight on Tuesday - whoop de do!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone, wet or dry

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Cold dry morning 36f.

Ice on the car windscreen so I am going to go out and clear it before we go to church.

Pauline making some sandwiches for after church when we will pop down to the beach.

Graham.

I wish it was dry here.  I have just been outside because I could see a piece of paper blowing across the garden and got soaked for my efforts to catch it.  We keep our cars in the garage but I didn't notice any ice on our neighbours car. The thermometer in the garden was reading 38° so slightly warmer than you.  I had planned to deliver my Christmas cards this morning but that plan has changed   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I wish it was dry here.  I have just been outside because I could see a piece of paper blowing across the garden and got soaked for my efforts to catch it.  We keep our cars in the garage but I didn't notice any ice on our neighbours car. The thermometer in the garden was reading 38° so slightly warmer than you.  I had planned to deliver my Christmas cards this morning but that plan has changed   

Paulines car is in the garage most of the time as we use my car all the time.

17 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Beautiful day down here, quite crisp but sunny. 

We went for a Birthday walk along Hythe Marina, a great viewpoint for the cruise port. 

Only Norwegian Encore and QM2 in at City & Mayflower, but enough to make us want to be onboard and sailing down the very still Southampton Waters.. 

We can dream... 

Andy 

Belated Happy Birthday Andy!

🎂🥳🍻

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Hi Josy - I think the glimmer of sunshine that Presto noticed yesterday, and that I missed, has well and truly gone. I was surprised that the sky was clear last night but it certainly isn’t now.

• Like 1

I was awake at 6am (not intentionally), out at 7:40am in the dark to pick up newspapers and drop them off at the hospital for my dad, home about 20 minutes ago and hopefully in for the day now as it's as miserable here as it sounds like it is everywhere else.

Full breakfast in progress, lamb dinner later and hopefully a decent Grand Prix to watch this afternoon. Bring it on.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, purplesea said:

It's mild down here a balmy 12 C,  raining and misty - not a nice day at all. I am planning on making some jam this morning, but no other plans, except roast chicken for dinner.

Similar here, but rain due later. 

Up at crack of dawn, set up Christmas quiche factory (fiddly things, not worth making just one, so stocking up the freezer), turned on radio - Farage on; hastily turned it off. Everything now done freezer-wise.😇

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Hi Josy - I think the glimmer of sunshine that Presto noticed yesterday, and that I missed, has well and truly gone. I was surprised that the sky was clear last night but it certainly isn’t now.

Did you see the lovely red sky last night ?  If was stunning when I went to close the curtains.

• Like 2

Very dull here current temperature is 2deg C with minus 2 chill with a drizzly rain .

A good tip for keeping warm is walk into a corner of your room it should be 90 deg :classic_wink:

At least with it being very dull I have an excuse to light the Christmas tree up and I have 

Magic FM playing away who are doing all the Christmas hits ,so I'm happy  to chill out 

this morning . Hope you all have a good day .:classic_smile:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

I have been listening to a politics broadcast this morning (sad I know) and it had me wondering whether people are planning to have get togethers with their family during the 5 day amnesty next week.  Our families have decided not to get together and we will all stick to telephone calls, Zoom and FaceTime because no-one wants to take any risk, as my sister said yesterday she would rather give up one Christmas to keep everyone in her life for many future Christmases.

• Like 9

You are all making me so hungry with your chicken and lamb dinners (she says after just having bacon and cheese oatcakes for breakfast)! Anyway if anyone is interested and you are lucky enough to have a clear sky tonight you should be able to see the Geminids meteor shower. It should be visible from 9/10pm and continue throughout the night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

I was awake at 6am (not intentionally), out at 7:40am in the dark to pick up newspapers and drop them off at the hospital for my dad, home about 20 minutes ago and hopefully in for the day now as it's as miserable here as it sounds like it is everywhere else.

Full breakfast in progress, lamb dinner later and hopefully a decent Grand Prix to watch this afternoon. Bring it on.

My son is already in the depths of despair that today is the last F1 race of the season. He runs a Fantasy F1 tournament for friends and family, no money involved, just for fun. We entered a team for my baby grandson and it's looking likely that he'll win it, at 9 months old! 😁

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been listening to a politics broadcast this morning (sad I know) and it had me wondering whether people are planning to have get togethers with their family during the 5 day amnesty next week.  Our families have decided not to get together and we will all stick to telephone calls, Zoom and FaceTime because no-one wants to take any risk, as my sister said yesterday she would rather give up one Christmas to keep everyone in her life for many future Christmases.

Let’s hope the vast majority are as wise as your family.

I am staying at home on my own and hopefully next year we will all make up for the quiet one this year.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My youngest daughter and husband (my bubble - wish someone would come up with a term that wasn't quite so infantilised) are here, along with middle daughter and her husband, who live in London. We've thought long and hard, but the two in London both work from home, have now completely isolated themselves, and (as a little bonus) may well go into tier 3 on Wednesday. Eldest daughter staying put in Newcastle and entertaining her mother-in-law (who has my deepest sympathy, as eldest daughter and husband are, by no stretch of the imagination, able to cook).😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

After Wowzz playing Bingo, there won't be any left... 😊

If its any consolation, my Mum was much older than you, you must have been a very young mum... 

Andy 

Ah, you old softie you😙. I was18, Frank almost 20. There's not much to do up here in the desolate frozen northern tundra during the winter😁😉

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 3