P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Its taken me half an hour to catch up on all of the messages I've missed today 😉

Two years ago we had a beautiful special turkey ---- when I opened it on Christmas Day it was rancid -- just awful. Panic hit and it went in to the bin ! We found 3 pork chops in the freezer that were defrosted and surprisingly were lovely with our Christmas meal. A strange Christmas meal but memorable and I have to say, delicious. 🙂 

This year, incase we have to self isolate because of work we now have our pork steaks in the freezer ... alongside our Aunt Bessie's, our Birds Eye peas, sprouts, other veg and Bisto gravy. We've even got the cats their favourite food in too 🙂 . 

Oh, and the wine, port, brandy and a range of spirits are all stock piled too 😉

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Its taken me half an hour to catch up on all of the messages I've missed today 😉

Two years ago we had a beautiful special turkey ---- when I opened it on Christmas Day it was rancid -- just awful. Panic hit and it went in to the bin ! We found 3 pork chops in the freezer that were defrosted and surprisingly were lovely with our Christmas meal. A strange Christmas meal but memorable and I have to say, delicious. 🙂 

Never had that happen to us but one of my sisters had that misfortune .

We have a small turkey crown and a nice Salmon of beef so if anything was to go wrong 

there is always a reserve meat .

We have both meats  on Christmas meal and eat both on the following days.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Thank you, concerned now the other 2 in the household may catch it, should have some idea by the end of the week.

Hopefully they will not catch covid19.

I was in bed 3 weeks with Covid19 but kept the bedroom window open all the time and fortunately Pauline didn't catch covid19 from me.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Thank you, concerned now the other 2 in the household may catch it, should have some idea by the end of the week.

I hope all goes well with them and they have avoided it. My grand daughter contracted it but no-ene else in the home did. Pauline didn't catch it from Graham either so fingers crossed for your family.

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Never had that happen to us but one of my sisters had that misfortune .

We have a small turkey crown and a nice Salmon of beef so if anything was to go wrong 

there is always a reserve meat .

We have both meats  on Christmas meal and eat both on the following days.

Looking back, in the great scheme of things, just having the veg with no turkey wouldn't have been the end of the world. At the time I was really upset at the very thoughts. Like someone has said, its just a large posh Sunday Lunch with Christmas crackers and that pudding that I am not keen but love soaking in brandy and setting light to it!

• Like 1

Good morning purplesea, it’s not raining here yet but we had the torrential rain yesterday morning for a few hours then sun  came out , we got rain due next few days off and on , I can’t wait until Monday when I’m off to fuerterventura for 10 sunny days 😎

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning purplesea, it’s not raining here yet but we had the torrential rain yesterday morning for a few hours then sun  came out , we got rain due next few days off and on , I can’t wait until Monday when I’m off to fuerterventura for 10 sunny days 😎

Best idea,Boris is under pressure to cancel xmas now.

• Like 1

Well if I cancel my villa I will loose all my money, but easyJet did offer and different time to fly but they are not cancelling flights but we all do have to have a COVID free test to fly and land and our villa so that’s later this week then we self isolated before and obviously when we return home for 14 days .

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

That sounds just perfect!!! I can hear the strong wind outside here today  as I am sat here having my morning cuppa, you will be having a morning cuppa sat on the terrace in the sun soon. Hope you have a lovely time 

Michelle

• Like 2

Thank you and I wish I could take you all on here cc with me , you all deserve a big holiday too keeping all this lovely friendly chat that’s kept us all going these several months and I know it’s very very hard for many people on their own shut away in ther house’s my heart goes to all 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

That sounds just perfect!!! I can hear the strong wind outside here today  as I am sat here having my morning cuppa, you will be having a morning cuppa sat on the terrace in the sun soon. Hope you have a lovely time 

Michelle

I'm also here in windy Lancashire and envious of anyone escaping to the sun.  We've been lucky enough to spend the last 10 or more Januarys in Florida.  Ah well, maybe 2022 .....

On the topic of turkeys, I bough my first ever frozen turkey when we moved to Harpenden, in the south in the early nineties because we had no extended family around us to feed.  I thought that putting it in our caravan to defrost the day before was a good idea.  It was a particularly cold evening and so the turkey was solid as a rock on Christmas Day! 

I took out 3 chicken breasts to defrost and off we went to Regents Park for a walk, where the tears rolled down my face I'm sorry to say.  Not so much about the turkey, but about being away from my beloved Lancashire and friends over Christmas.  My husband and son still laugh about it and the story gets revived annually.  I stayed for 18 years in Harpenden so I guess I got used to it 😉

• Like 3

Cold,windy and heavy rain here so sitting in bed eating breakfast watching GMB.

Apparently Boris is resisting calls to scrap easing of Xmas restrictions.

I fear what will happen in January when you see the big spike of infections in the US and Canada after Thanksgiving which is only 1 day.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Sounds wonderful.

I hope you have a fantastic time.

Graham.

• Like 1

Have a lovely holiday Purdey.  Bring us back a bucket of sunshine!  It’s steady, solid rain here and forecast to last till mid afternoon.  Our dog walk will be late today but our puppy-class trainer would approve - it’s good for them to have new experiences, so dusk, car lights and street Christmas decorations will all be in there.

• Like 3