P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

30 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Lovely day here as well. Cold, crisp and sunny.

I have been busy cooking for Christmas, the longer life stuff is all done and yesterday I started making Pettit four and florentine’s.

18 beautifully formed florentines made and left to cool on the rack yesterday. 

By the end of the evening yesterday down to 9 (I had a couple)

Went out for a walk this morning (big mistake) came back - now down to 4

So this afternoon it’s ground hog day, back to making another batch of florentines!

I like your style Eglesbrech😊

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Another brainwave fom the experts.Make up a table for Granny and Great Aunt Doris in the garden next to the snowman for company.

I don't know about a brainwave from the experts, it sounds more like a Brianwave from bro to me😁

Sis

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

Mind you, if The Boss was on a cruise, I'd book now, even if if we only went to Canvey Island.

Count me in! How about a (full electric) concert and his Broadway show in the theatre accompanied by some acoustic sets in the Crow's Nest.

• Like 1

Just now, DamianG said:

Count me in! How about a (full electric) concert and his Broadway show in the theatre accompanied by some acoustic sets in the Crow's Nest.

Have to eat early before watching the full concert- they go on for over 3 hours (as you know!)

I watched his Broadway show on Netflix - excellent.

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Have to eat early before watching the full concert- they go on for over 3 hours (as you know!)

I watched his Broadway show on Netflix - excellent.

Roundhay Park in Leeds, 1985, first time I saw them play live. There was over 100,000 there and my friend and I got within 30 metres of the stage. The show went on for over 4 hours and the Boss said that they were only stopping because a council official had told them to (something to do with licensing).

Edited by DamianG

Just now, DamianG said:

Roundhay Park in Leeds, 1985, first time I saw them play live. There was over 100,000 there and my friend and I got within 30 metres of the stage. The show went on for over 4 hours and the boss said that they were only stopping because a council official had told them to (something to do with licensing).

The concert at Roundhay Park also features on the Born To Run video:

5 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Roundhay Park in Leeds, 1985, first time I saw them play live. There was over 100,000 there and my friend and I got within 30 metres of the stage. The show went on for over 4 hours and the boss said that they were only stopping because a council official had told them to (something to do with licensing).

I was there!  Can you see me?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't know about a brainwave from the experts, it sounds more like a Brianwave from bro to me😁

Sis

Hey sis,is this groundhog day,or do I have to go to Wales to dry out and rehab.You posted this earlier and I answered.It was on GMB today and the experts were saying alfresco is the way to go,bro.

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

And now you’ll never now what was said. Shame. 

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

And now you’ll never now what was said. Shame. 

I guess it will just need to remain one of life's little mysteries. 🤣

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Sis

43 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hey sis,is this groundhog day,or do I have to go to Wales to dry out and rehab.You posted this earlier and I answered.It was on GMB today and the experts were saying alfresco is the way to go,bro.

Don't be too hard them Avril .Eating outdoors is healthy ,a bit like Skeggy but in the depths of winter .

Chances of dying from covid is reduced ,it's the pneumonia you have to worry about .:classic_unsure:

The good news is it should be mild on Christmas day with the odd risk of a passing shower .

Nowt to worry about so get stuck in to your soup and a nice red for starters ,before the main meal is brought out ... I mean     What Could Go Wrong ?   :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Did I!!!!?? Oh heck. For a while now I thought I was beginning to lose, it seems I already had😵🥴

Sis(I think)

45 minutes ago, brian1 said:

In normal times you’d be welcomed here with open arms but at the moment, best stay away!

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't think that's very likely kalos. We're in tier 3, so only those  in our bubble can visit.😊

Avril

it's tongue in cheek post Avril , have another read .. and regardless of any Tier you 

can sit out in any weather ..That's if you're mad enough to do so :classic_smile:

Just posted this in another thread, but it's worth posting twice

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk?adobe_mc=TS%3D1608222800|MCAID%3D2D53F13405317E29-400001182004603A

At least 9.9 million people ahead of me in the queue,  and I'm not likely to get my first injection until early March, if all goes to plan !!!

ohforgoodnesssake Wowzz!  Confusing me (it’s easy). I responded in the other thread but then saw 👆that post and thought my reply was lost.

Here’s what I put in the other, together with my thanks

My results tie in with the “within 3 months” the GP mentioned last week.  That would be just marvellous.  Fingers crossed for us all

Did you see the news articles where people doing the injecting have found that there is another full dose of vaccine left in the vial after they have made up the five which are documented as there?  The regulators have confirmed that it is OK to use that sixth dose.  Hooray, six for the price of five and all those extra people getting their jabs quickly.

Nice to hear good news 💉 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

ohforgoodnesssake Wowzz!  Confusing me (it’s easy). I responded in the other thread but then saw 👆that post and thought my reply was lost.

Here’s what I put in the other, together with my thanks

My results tie in with the “within 3 months” the GP mentioned last week.  That would be just marvellous.  Fingers crossed for us all

Did you see the news articles where people doing the injecting have found that there is another full dose of vaccine left in the vial after they have made up the five which are documented as there?  The regulators have confirmed that it is OK to use that sixth dose.  Hooray, six for the price of five and all those extra people getting their jabs quickly.

Nice to hear good news 💉 

Do we get to jump the queue if we tell them we keep reading things and thinking we've read them before?🙃

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just posted this in another thread, but it's worth posting twice

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk?adobe_mc=TS%3D1608222800|MCAID%3D2D53F13405317E29-400001182004603A

At least 9.9 million people ahead of me in the queue,  and I'm not likely to get my first injection until early March, if all goes to plan !!!

I have the the same result between 9.9 and 12.3 million.