P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

29 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Had a message from daughter in law today, feeling much better, but has now lost sense of smell & taste, says it’s the weirdest feeling, eating and drinking but not tasting anything, her husband has offered a vindaloo to see if she can taste that, 😁 Its possible they have it but are not showing symptoms. Neither are going anywhere, the school is getting some of the blame due to poor organisation, a number of parents are complaining to education authority. School is now closed until January.

My wife was meant to be on jury duty this week & next, rather than go in to court she had to wait at home, they would message her by 4.30 the day before to say whether she was required, this afternoon got a message to say she was discharged from duty. Relief all round as she wasn’t looking forward to sitting in a court in this current climate. 

I'm pleased your daughter in law is feeling a lot better.

It was about 6 days after my first covid19 symptoms when I lost my sense of taste for about 3 days.

Even now almost 6 weeks since my first symptoms my sense of taste is only about 70% and some things don't taste right or my sense of taste comes and goes.

My sense of smell was okay.

• Like 2

Hi everyone from a miserable, wet, cold and windy Stoke on Trent. Had a walk around the school site this morning and my visor and umbrella got stuck in my hair. I looked like I'd had an electric shock by the time I'd retreated indoors! Not a flattering look at all !!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi everyone from a miserable, wet, cold and windy Stoke on Trent. Had a walk around the school site this morning and my visor and umbrella got stuck in my hair. I looked like I'd had an electric shock by the time I'd retreated indoors! Not a flattering look at all !!!!

Oh dear ,what a day :classic_mellow:

Let me see if I can brighten up the end of your day :classic_smile:

Noddy Holder was always eating snacks in class and the  teacher was always catching him.

One day she snapped & shouted " what you eating now ? " 

Noddy replied " IT'S CRISPS MISSSSSS ! " :classic_biggrin:🌲🌲

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

Oh dear ,what a day :classic_mellow:

Let me see if I can brighten up the end of your day :classic_smile:

Noddy Holder was always eating snacks in class and the  teacher was always catching him.

One day she snapped & shouted " what you eating now ? " 

Noddy replied " IT'S CRISPS MISSSSSS ! " :classic_biggrin:🌲🌲

You slayed that one Kalos😃

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Had an email from my niece in Montreal earlier today, seems they have had another strict total lockdown announced until 11th January - starts Christmas day!  So they can all spend on buying things then isolation for two and a half weeks to "celebrate" Christmas.

4 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Graham we saw Slade live at the Dolcia Vita  nightclub in Newgate Street Newcastle in  Xmas 1972 fantastic  band music amazing and the best one I WISH IT COULD BE CHRISTMAS EVERY DAY  fab memories 

That must have been amazing.

That song was my favourite too.

57 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Absolutely the best band we’ve seen live Suzie Quattro  live on the same night, we were in the toon on Monday and it’s looking pretty dire  so many shops closed really awful same as Durham city centre shocking at the amount of premises closed down.

+1

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Absolutely the best band we’ve seen live Suzie Quattro  live on the same night, we were in the toon on Monday and it’s looking pretty dire  so many shops closed really awful same as Durham city centre shocking at the amount of premises closed down.

The last few posts have turned my thoughts to themed cruises. A 70’s cruise would seem to be popular but it seems as though P&O aren’t keen for some reason.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The last few posts have turned my thoughts to themed cruises. A 70’s cruise would seem to be popular but it seems as though P&O aren’t keen for some reason.

Not enough of us left to fill the ship! 

And, to be honest, nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Speak for yourself, the theatre is always full for an old time 60s or 70s turn, or even a good quality tribute act.

I can understand that for one or two concerts, but for a whole cruise? 

We can't just continue to live in the past. Even the Sex Pistols are old hat these days. 

Mind you, if The Boss was on a cruise, I'd book now, even if if we only went to Canvey Island.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Didn't they have subtitles in those days.

If that’s a question, the answer is - even if there had been subtitles in those days, they would have been unnecessary. I was fully bilingual at the age of 5 as are most children from Welsh speaking homes. 

• Like 2

Hello all, nothing much happening here in sunny Kent.

Washing machine repair man should be here tomorrow, really hope he can repair it on the day. My laundry basket is getting rather full! I did dump a bag of washing on my mums doorstep the other day, bless her. She said I could give her more but I didn’t like to.

Have a good day all.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if I have already posted the following.. if I have then sincere apologies 🙃

OH has admitted he often doesn't listen properly... his excuse is that I chat and moan to my computer so he thinks I am talking to that and not him.

Anyway had a conversation for him to get some Christmas crackers.  I said just cheapo ones, less than a fiver, there's only us.  He came home proud.. they only cost £1.40.  I am now the proud owner of yet another packet of Jacobs Cream Crackers!!!🤣

This picture made me laugh... and yes please!!!!!!!

IMG-20201114-WA0000.jpg

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4