P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, kalos said:

Update Which will be this Friday Morning :classic_smile:

Our Surgery rang us earlier, we are booked for Saturday

I had a problem booking us both at similar times but eventually they did allow it.

😞p😞😞😞😞😞

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hi peeps. How’s it all going? 
glad to see some of you have got the vaccine. Hope they pick up the pace so we can get back to normal. 
Opinions- do we still think a cruise in July is a long shot?

Welcome back Vampiress.

I personally would wait and see what P&I'd next announcement will be.  European countries are way behind us in terms of vaccinations and we don't know whether they will be welcoming ships. 

Edited by Josy1953

No more snow they said last night so I woke up this morning to to another couple of inches. That means more snow clearing and the rubbish collection won't happen. I am getting more depressed and I know the symptoms because I have been there before, not a good day so far.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Another thought Vampiress.

At the moment P&O are saying that passengers will only be allowed to leave the ship on a P&O authorised tour, I am not sure whether you would want that sort of restriction with 2 young children.

to be honest I wouldn’t want to go if I have to wear a mask let alone only leaving ship on authorised tours. 
this is what I get for being a super early Booker it seems. We booked late 2019 for fjords this summer. I even moved my compensation from a complaint to this cruise rather than them put it in my bank account. I would hope I would either get the cruise how it should be or my full money back but neither look likely currently and I really don’t want to pay the remaining balance only to have to wait and argue to get it back again. 

• Like 2

It’s nice to see you again Vamps

Things don’t look very bright wrt cruising just now, though generally, hopefully, life should slowly improve for the vast majority.  Once this cold snap goes we can look forward to longer days and better weather.  Let’s hope your girls can have more freedom to meet their friends

It’s always the easiest thing in the world to live someone else’s life, at a distance, but if it was me I think I’d be searching out a nice holiday cottage or apartment in UK and crossing fingers for good weather

take care x

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

to be honest I wouldn’t want to go if I have to wear a mask let alone only leaving ship on authorised tours. 
this is what I get for being a super early Booker it seems. We booked late 2019 for fjords this summer. I even moved my compensation from a complaint to this cruise rather than them put it in my bank account. I would hope I would either get the cruise how it should be or my full money back but neither look likely currently and I really don’t want to pay the remaining balance only to have to wait and argue to get it back again. 

I also booked early in Nov 19 for July 21 as we are taking three grandchildren with us. We had to book two cabins for 5 of us and now have to pay for P & O excursions for 5 in addition to wearing masks, limitations on board etc. It is a deal breaker for us and I will not be paying the balance and moving the cruise. Never mind, we have a UK break booked instead

Michelle

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

They said it was snowing down here earlier... 

Yeah right...

I have had worse dandruff... 😊

Andy 

Up north in Surrey it looks like a heavy frost on the car, but it's snow. Must be nearly 2mm.🤣

Well I was pleasantly surprised to see more snow, and it cleared off the windscreen a lot easier today as it was light and powdery. Drive to work was fun testing where the skid points were when you applied the brakes.

Still snowing but lightly so I may skip work this afternoon to go sledging. I just love the snow and really miss that I can't ski this winter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

No more snow they said last night so I woke up this morning to to another couple of inches. That means more snow clearing and the rubbish collection won't happen. I am getting more depressed and I know the symptoms because I have been there before, not a good day so far.

England won the first test against India a couple of hours ago.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Sorry to hear that, Dave.  You know we’re all here for you if you want to talk, any time, daft though that might sound on a forum, and that people do actually care.

Looking positively ahead, Spring, in the shape of March, is less than 3 weeks away now, and the weather’s going to improve. We’re over the worst of the winter, and almost certainly the worst of the virus too.

Reasons to be cheerful, perhaps?  🙂

• Like 14

Temperature this morning is -2.c with a chill of -7.c and bright and sunny.

Everywhere is covered in white snow which is strange as the weather forecasters

had us down for yellow& orange snow area but as I say it's all white :classic_unsure:

I have seen /made yellow snow but that's another story !

What we are going to do today we haven't decided yet but it will involve staying in .

I did try Grahams past time  watching "A Place In The Sun " What a weird and surreal 

experience that was !   The winter sun is that strong , it was pouring through our window

and I could not see a thing let alone our TV . So we ended up watching "A Place In The Sun "

in our living room , with the curtains closed to keep the sun out ! :classic_rolleyes: Wishing we were in the 

sun ... You couldn't make it up could you ? :classic_unsure:

What ever you're doing today have a nice day and keep yourself safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hi peeps. How’s it all going? 
glad to see some of you have got the vaccine. Hope they pick up the pace so we can get back to normal. 
Opinions- do we still think a cruise in July is a long shot?

Hi, it's nice to hear from you again. I hope you and your family are still well.

Regarding cruises, I'm still hoping that ours at the end of June goes ahead, it's just wait and see at the moment, but I'm not holding my breath. Reading between the lines during the briefings it doesn't look likely for anything before Autumn. 

Avril

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Our Surgery rang us earlier, we are booked for Saturday

I had a problem booking us both at similar times but eventually they did allow it.

😞p😞😞😞😞😞

Strange how different surgeries work. Frank and I are close in age but are in groups 4&5. When they booked our appointments they said we would be vaccinated at the same time by the same doctor because they wanted to keep the 'bubbles' together. When we went for our jab we went into the room together. Can't be too careful I suppose.

Avril

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Strange how different surgeries work. Frank and I are close in age but are in groups 4&5. When they booked our appointments they said we would be vaccinated at the same time by the same doctor because they wanted to keep the 'bubbles' together. When we went for our jab we went into the room together. Can't be too careful I suppose.

Avril

I think I got a awkward receptionist on the first call, the second one I spoke with was much more helpful.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, kalos said:

I will be glad when I have a front row seat and see my own arm done :classic_wink:

Having said that I always tend to look away :classic_unsure:

Everytime the nurse asks if I'm okay with needles I always say "As long as I don't have to watch!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

I also booked early in Nov 19 for July 21 as we are taking three grandchildren with us. We had to book two cabins for 5 of us and now have to pay for P & O excursions for 5 in addition to wearing masks, limitations on board etc. It is a deal breaker for us and I will not be paying the balance and moving the cruise. Never mind, we have a UK break booked instead

Michelle

I don’t blame you at all and I would do the same, as I know too well how much excursions cost for 2 adults and 3 children! 

• Like 1

Lovely morning with light flurries of snow overnight. Glad we haven’t got the snow as my very young husband (I am 70 and he is 67) is going for his jab after lunch. Last night, when the weather forecast was on, it looked very hit and miss where the snow was going to land, he was concerned we may be snowed in as we live in a cul-de-sac and our house is at the bottom of the hill. All looks fine currently.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

Well I was pleasantly surprised to see more snow, and it cleared off the windscreen a lot easier today as it was light and powdery. Drive to work was fun testing where the skid points were when you applied the brakes.

Still snowing but lightly so I may skip work this afternoon to go sledging. I just love the snow and really miss that I can't ski this winter.

Our daughter and family live opposite Knoll Park.The kids love it there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You sure it's not Andy's dandruff.Must be windy down South.

If it's an easterly wind it will blow down to the West. Purplesea reported unexpected snow. That could have been Andy's dandruff 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1