P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

A decent morning here 7.c and tipped to reach 14.c compared to a few weeks back

that is tropical for us. I think I will have a trawl through this mornings papers and 

see what conflicting versions of the news they offer today .

I much prefer these headlines though ..More believable :classic_unsure:

Have a good day & stay safe :classic_smile:

stuttersentence.thumb.jpg.f6457f484c953c39ee31f6bdf9ac55aa.jpgmonkeysband.thumb.jpg.e2415b036d118b72294b102be7d0ae9e.jpg138334142_shinglesnight.jpg.7d3482e216a5006900006d59399f50b9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

“Pfizer has warned the EU to back down from its threat to block vaccines to the UK because the firm needs crucial ingredients shipped from Yorkshire, The Telegraph has learned.”

OK - which of you is it? 

And is it Yorkshire Pudding?

It must be Yorkshire Tea... 

Tea is a cure for everything according to my mum... 

I was hit by a car outside our house when I was a kid, a neighbour called the ambulance, my mum put the kettle on!!! 🚑😊

Andy 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

“Pfizer has warned the EU to back down from its threat to block vaccines to the UK because the firm needs crucial ingredients shipped from Yorkshire, The Telegraph has learned.”

OK - which of you is it? 

Well whatever it is before the anti vaxers start ,lets get one thing straight ..

It dunt  contain cat ! We in Yorkshire never put owt into kitty or even go near one .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Well whatever it is before the anti vaxers start ,lets get one thing straight ..

It dunt  contain cat ! We in Yorkshire never put owt into kitty or even go near one .

Or squirrel, hedgehog or rat. Recon its the water, can't beat a drop o'Yorkshire water. I think the product will be made by Croda in Snaith. Lets hope some of these plonkers get their heads together and start helping one another rather than sabre rattling.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

OK - which of you is it? 

It wasn't me, honestly, but I do know (from a friend) that the crucial ingredients are Yorkshire Tea and  pork pies. Don't tell anyone Harry, it's just between me and you🤫

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

OK - which of you is it? 

Sounds  like a load of tripe to me.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 2

Well after a hearty Yorkshire breakfast of tripe, Yorkshire pud, pork pie garnished with squirrel and washed down with copious amounts of Yorkshire tea I am ready for a rest. Sun is coming out and it is warming up nicely so I will get the deck chairs out and sit and read, with a Yorkshire fat rascal and a pot of Yorkshire tea, in Yorkshire (Gods own country) that should start another argument, come on then.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

The EU has not covered itself in glory over all of this - not good for remainers such as you and me Harry!

I came on here this morning (as I do most mornings even though I don't post that much) for a bit of light relief and a post from Kalos.  Thank you Kalos, you did not disappoint!

I needed to be calmed down after just having a 'ranty' WhatsApp message from a German friend in Berlin about the Astra Zeneca vaccine and its dangers.  She got a 'both barrels' reply from me and now I need some soothing music and a cup of tea .... and maybe a biscuit or two .....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

The EU has not covered itself in glory over all of this - not good for remainers such as you and me Harry!

I came on here this morning (as I do most mornings even though I don't post that much) for a bit of light relief and a post from Kalos.  Thank you Kalos, you did not disappoint!

I needed to be calmed down after just having a 'ranty' WhatsApp message from a German friend in Berlin about the Astra Zeneca vaccine and its dangers.  She got a 'both barrels' reply from me and now I need some soothing music and a cup of tea .... and maybe a biscuit or two .....

I have ceased to be a Remainer, Mrs Goggins - I am now a Rejoiner.  Nothing has changed, apart from a dawning reality, I suspect, in Northern Ireland, amongst farmers and fishermen, and amongst importers and exporters, that all is not exactly what was promised.

However, on vaccines the EU has shot itself in the foot on every possible front, and it's difficult to see any logic (apart from trying to cover over mistakes) in what's happened.

It's a tragic situation, because lives are lives, wherever they happen to be, and lives are being lost, and will be lost, as a result.

My fear is that the third wave moving across Europe will move across the channel as it has done previously when the lockdown restrictions cease.  I hope our vaccination record will prevent the full impact, but as one of the scientists said on the Today programme this morning, we're on a knife edge.

• Like 7

Morning all from a grey Stoke on Trent. Mr Presto has had his jab this morning and then we went for a long walk around the park. It was relatively early so lovely and quiet. Chilling out now today and catching up on the chat on here. Another lazy Saturday but can't help but look back 12 months to this time last year. I just remember it being absolutely manic in school.

This thread is a year old tomorrow so we should sing Happy Birthday 😉

• Like 4

Morning Presto, grey and dull here too. Yesterday was so sunny too.

My sister is getting her first jab today so that’s good news, she’s 54 with no health conditions so very good. She lives in Worthing, hope we can get to visit her soon, it’s been too long.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Or squirrel, hedgehog or rat. Recon its the water, can't beat a drop o'Yorkshire water. I think the product will be made by Croda in Snaith. Lets hope some of these plonkers get their heads together and start helping one another rather than sabre rattling.

I have always praised the wonderful taste of Yorkshire tap water, but just recently it seems to have a high chlorine content.  Maybe it's the waste run off from the vaccine ingredient plant.😉

21 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Morning all from a grey Stoke on Trent. Mr Presto has had his jab this morning and then we went for a long walk around the park. It was relatively early so lovely and quiet. Chilling out now today and catching up on the chat on here. Another lazy Saturday but can't help but look back 12 months to this time last year. I just remember it being absolutely manic in school.

Was that you in the newspaper the other day ? :classic_unsure:

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I am confused --- yes, Mr Presto will tell you that this is nothing new.

I feel like Manuel in Fawlty Towers - Que ?

16 hours ago, kalos said:

Tonight's Latest News ....

Do we know this woman  ?  :classic_unsure: duck.thumb.jpg.5a93c92f61c1509d6bc8ff6cf61776d7.jpg

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Everytime we wash our hands or just on a special communal occasion?

Best not to look too closely at some of the earlier posts - we have covered a lot of ground over the year that is probably best not to revisit.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It wasn't me, honestly, but I do know (from a friend) that the crucial ingredients are Yorkshire Tea and  pork pies. Don't tell anyone Harry, it's just between me and you🤫

Avril

No problem with Yorkshire tea but the best pork pies come from the West Midlands, especially the Black Country. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Everytime we wash our hands or just on a special communal occasion?

Best not to look too closely at some of the earlier posts - we have covered a lot of ground over the year that is probably best not to revisit.

No problem with Yorkshire tea but the best pork pies come from the West Midlands, especially the Black Country. 

Not tried those, unless perhaps unknowingly as a student in Birmingham, way, way back. Or during misspent time there at Cradley Heath dog track!

How do they differ from what I’d regard as the best pork pies - the ones styled Melton Mowbray made with uncured pork?

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

How do they differ from what I’d regard as the best pork pies - the ones styled Melton Mowbray made with uncured pork?

Melton Mowbray pies have greasy pastry. Us Yorkshire folk like our growlers, as they are affectionately termed, we have some cracking butchers who make good pies, Mrs YP actually made pies for a local butcher part time, great pies, they make them with stilton, black pudding, sweet chilli and fidget (apple sauce & stuffing, although this varies up and down the country. There is a butcher in Skipton who makes cracking growlers who would get my vote as best pie maker. Growler quality is a subject often debated in Yorkshire pubs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Melton Mowbray pies have greasy pastry. Us Yorkshire folk like our growlers, as they are affectionately termed, we have some cracking butchers who make good pies, Mrs YP actually made pies for a local butcher part time, great pies, they make them with stilton, black pudding, sweet chilli and fidget (apple sauce & stuffing, although this varies up and down the country. There is a butcher in Skipton who makes cracking growlers who would get my vote as best pie maker. Growler quality is a subject often debated in Yorkshire pubs.

The best pork pies here, which have also won awards, are Denis Speed's. Beautiful, especially fresh from the oven and still warm.😋

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1