P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning.

No rain, cloudy but a hint of sun, I can dream.

Still tempted to book a Staycation, but Marie isn't confident yet. Still, we have our Iona cruise in February to look forward to.

Bedding plants day, just hope we are past the threat of frost, who knows with this weather we are having ?

Stay safe.

I've got a day off childcare today so I treated myself to an online make up consultation this morning with a very friendly and helpful lady 😊 I'm cheating a bit and getting some cheap samples of her recommendations from ebay before buying too much from store.

We're going to visit the in-laws after lunch and are hoping to see my parents at some point over the weekend. I saw mum briefly in the week and had a long awaited hug but missing hugging my dad. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Hi Purdey, nice of you to worry about me.  I must say, my bl**dy new hip is giving me grief.  I turned badly the other day, let out a hell of a shriek, sharp pain in knee and hip.  My physio tells me it's probably the nerve running from my back, but I'm terrified I have damaged the hip.

Oh no Jean, you’d been doing so well. I hope it’s ok. 

Hello all, haven’t been on this thread for a few days as I knew I didn’t have time to respond to all the posts. 

Nice to see people out and about and hugging and eating again! I had my parents over for hugs on Tuesday afternoon and my lovely grandson came for another 2 hour visit Wednesday afternoon. First time he’s been inside for months, lucky as the weather wasn’t great. He’s so funny ‘you ok nanny’ being one of his favourite phrases 😁

On Thursday afternoon John and I had an indoor meal inside a pub/hotel. It was lovely but the dishes we wanted were sold out before we got there at 2-30pm! I really need to stop working 😆

Have a good weekend all, weather is really not good this weekend but John is working anyway. Next weekend looks more promising and he’s got the weekend off so silver linings .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

It is quiet here this morning.

Hope everyone's well and just busy.

What awful night we had, torrential rain and gale force winds. Sun is shining this morning and there's it's still a bit breezy, but a big improvement over yesterday's weather.

Eldest daughter said she would call in later.

Take care and stay safe.

If you look around the other threads, some of the usual suspects from here are posting. 

Perhaps it's a natural progression that now we have cruising to discuss, this thread becomes less used. 

Andy 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

He’s so funny ‘you ok nanny’ being one of his favourite phrases 😁

That's so sweet 🥰 Our little Elijah's current favourite phrase is 'oh dear' 100+ times a day!

• Like 2

Hi everyone, have to say I have been catching up this morning and reading through everything that has been posted over most of the week. I was going to post but I was trying to think of something interesting to say to be honest and, other than 'the weather is terrible yet again this weekend' and 'the gardening is cancelled' was struggling. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Hi everyone, have to say I have been catching up this morning and reading through everything that has been posted over most of the week. I was going to post but I was trying to think of something interesting to say to be honest and, other than 'the weather is terrible yet again this weekend' and 'the gardening is cancelled' was struggling. 🙂

Sitting here looking out the windows as the rain pours down on my lawn and what tune pops into my head, yes  “I Can hear the grass grow” The Move, that’s going to be my ear worm for the rest of the day. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 1:34 PM, Ardennais said:

What a shame about the weather because it’s so lovely down there when it’s dry. It’s still cold with us up here too. 

Ardennais, I have stalked to find one of your posts on this thread as I would really appreciate some advice from you.

We are looking for a break in North Wales and would appreciate any recommendations for good hotels with decent food. I have had a look on line and found a few but nothing beats a recommendation from a local.

One I found in Conwy looks interesting as it has penthouse and balcony rooms, the Quay but the menus look a bit basic.  

I would like something with a balcony or terrace if at all possible.

Any thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Ardennais, I have stalked to find one of your posts on this thread as I would really appreciate some advice from you.

We are looking for a break in North Wales and would appreciate any recommendations for good hotels with decent food. I have had a look on line and found a few but nothing beats a recommendation from a local.

One I found in Conwy looks interesting as it has penthouse and balcony rooms, the Quay but the menus look a bit basic.  

Any thoughts?

Apologise for the interruption, but take a look at St Brides… Think it may have all you require

10 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Apologise for the interruption, but take a look at St Brides… Think it may have all you require

It must be good - nothing available until the end of September!

I will however keep it in mind for the future as it look s lovely.

11 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

As you know we've been in a lodge in near Tenby for the past week. From what we could make out, there is no availability for any rentals in the park where we stayed,  until October at the earliest. I think you may find that anywhere half decent is going to be booked out, and the current foreign holidays fiasco is going to make availability for UK holidays even more difficult. 

But good luck in your search - I must admit, it was good to get away!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As you know we've been in a lodge in near Tenby for the past week. From what we could make out, there is no availability for any rentals in the park where we stayed,  until October at the earliest. I think you may find that anywhere half decent is going to be booked out, and the current foreign holidays fiasco is going to make availability for UK holidays even more difficult. 

But good luck in your search - I must admit, it was good to get away!

We are (thankfully) booked for June and August but we’re looking for something in July. I think you maybe correct, decent accommodation in very short supply.

Enjoy your break.

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We are (thankfully) booked for June and August but we’re looking for something in July. I think you maybe correct, decent accommodation in very short supply.

Enjoy your break.

Glad that you have at least 2 booked. I imagine July will  be difficult,  even if you are prepared to pay silly prices! 

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Glad that you have at least 2 booked. I imagine July will  be difficult,  even if you are prepared to pay silly prices! 

Yes we booked April, June and August a while back and have saved a fortune as the prices now for some of the accommodation we have secured is almost double the price!

Not desperate for July, we can always do something local instead.

I’ll look at Port Royals suggestion for much later in the year, it does look really nice. It’s amazing how many lovely hidden places there are in the U.K. if you can just find them.

36 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Book very early, even on opening, because the better rooms get snapped up.  
Also look at the good value DBB option as a “base”, as you can then add and upgrade as you wish.  And ‘yes’ they have Widower on the Wine List, and the list is very good with an interesting originality.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Any thoughts?

Have stayed at the Quay and though it is lovely we prefer St George's Llandudno - a beautiful hotel on the sea front close to everything. They have balcony / terrace rooms and suites

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Any thoughts?

I think that the members here that have caravans up in the far north would have a better idea because we’re right in south Gwynedd, 60 miles from Conwy! To be honest, so many pubs/restaurants around here tend to be a bit hit and miss. You can have 3 good meals and then one really disappointing one so it’s always difficult to provide recommendations. Anyway, good luck. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ardennais said:

I think that the members here that have caravans up in the far north would have a better idea because we’re right in south Gwynedd, 60 miles from Conwy! To be honest, so many pubs/restaurants around here tend to be a bit hit and miss. You can have 3 good meals and then one really disappointing one so it’s always difficult to provide recommendations. Anyway, good luck. 

Thanks for responding, appreciated.

• Like 1