P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I keep telling myself I have the body of a teenager :classic_smile:

The problem I have is it acts like a teenager and ignores what I say :classic_rolleyes:

Good morning Kalos🙂 

You sound more your 'normal?'😉 self thiis morning I'm pleased to say. I hope Andy's Michelle is feeling better too. The weather doesn't look too good here for my small part of Yorkshire today , cool, cloudy and rain, but according to the forecast, tomorrow summer arrives, 18c and sunny.🤞

Reading Purdey's post got me thinking about getting older. The 'milestone' birthdays had never bothered me until I reached 60. To me, even though I only felt to be late 40's early 50's,  I would officially be a 'pensioner', the proud recipient of a pension, a bus pass, fluffy pom-pom slippers and blue permed hair👵. Thankfully on 29th April, I only woke up to a pension (deferred) and a very useful bus pass😁. The same woman was looking back at me in the mirror, so yes, it is only a number, your true age is in the heart and mind, even if the body doesn't agree. 

Have a good day Kalos and take care everyone, whatever your day brings.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Hope everyone is doing OK these days. In any case I got a very nice weather today and I wish this kind of weather to follow you during your cruise

Morning Roger. I've not seen you post for a while. I hope eveythings ok with you.

Avril

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Having read the above Where to Post message I will no longer be contributing to this forum has I have never cruised with P and O and probably never will.

It has been interesting reading about you nice people and thanks to you all for your kindness over the last few months.

Eric

Since reading your post I reread the Where to Post message a few times, and unless I'm reading it differently, I can't see where it states you can't post on here. Maybe Sharon could clarify it for you as we like seeing your posts and you have become 'one of us' so to speak.

Avril

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Roger. I've not seen you post for a while. I hope eveythings ok with you.

Avril

Avril, nice of you to reply to Roger when you know he will never read it!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Your contribution and opinions are appreciated by many of us Eric and we certainly don't view you as an intruder. 

Please check in from time to time, best wishes, 

Andy 

Thanks Andy and all of you for your kindness, I will keep checking in when I have something useful to say.

I hope that Michelle is better.

To those who asked about my Grandson he is still about the same even after surgery, it's looking like he will have the problem with Crohns for life.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Since reading your post I reread the Where to Post message a few times, and unless I'm reading it differently, I can't see where it states you can't post on here. Maybe Sharon could clarify it for you as we like seeing your posts and you have become 'one of us' so to speak.

Avril

I agree. I think Sharon is trying to keep the other threads on here 100% P&O related, but I hope there is a little flexibity, especially when it comes to comparing P&O to other lines.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Having read the above Where to Post message I will no longer be contributing to this forum has I have never cruised with P and O and probably never will.

Stay....... During this awful time in lockdown we have all been supporting each other in our own ways.  You were one of us all the way.  You, and everyone else, was a godsend.. well to me anyway.

I sincerely hope that CC will let us keep this thread.. just this one.  No going off  the topic of cruising anywhere else, just this one, which I love.  There seems to be a virtual bond and I like it, xx

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Still in Cornwall, fortunately the rain has stopped. It's nice to see the local businesses open. Forget the Duchy of Cornwall, much of Looe seems to be owned by the Pengelly family, be careful how you speak to the youngsters, they may be local Royalty. We went to dinner, the music was loud. TOM PETTY, do you have a booking Mr Petty, no the music,Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.DW took over, stop confusing people. The food was a bit slow coming, but that's ok it tasted nice. The young Ladies seemed to have it under control and the place had a nice buzz, so we left a decent tip. Goodnight madam, Mr Petty come back soon...at the team meeting this morning... You'll never guess who we had in yesterday🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning Kalos🙂 

You sound more your 'normal?'😉 self thiis morning I'm pleased to say. I hope Andy's Michelle is feeling better too. The weather doesn't look too good here for my small part of Yorkshire today , cool, cloudy and rain, but according to the forecast, tomorrow summer arrives, 18c and sunny.🤞

Reading Purdey's post got me thinking about getting older. The 'milestone' birthdays had never bothered me until I reached 60. To me, even though I only felt to be late 40's early 50's,  I would officially be a 'pensioner', the proud recipient of a pension, a bus pass, fluffy pom-pom slippers and blue permed hair👵. Thankfully on 29th April, I only woke up to a pension (deferred) and a very useful bus pass😁. The same woman was looking back at me in the mirror, so yes, it is only a number, your true age is in the heart and mind, even if the body doesn't agree. 

Have a good day Kalos and take care everyone, whatever your day brings.

Avril

Very good post Avril.

I feel young until I get out of bed and can't move straight away because of arthritic pains in my knees and hips.

It has been raining all night but clearing now.

We went to church this morning then had a good chat with our reverend afterwards.

We called to McDonald's for a couple of toasted muffins,2 cheesy bacon flatbreads,coffee and hot chocolate and came down near the marina where it is very windy but this is our view from the car.

Our Sarah just rang to say she is sitting waiting to be called for her first vaccine jab at the vaccine centre.

I hope everyone has a nice day and Kalos and Michelle are both recovered from their medical ordeals.

Graham.

IMG_20210526_110533.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hey Zap,got a flyer from our TA today.Princess are promoting evenings with Lulu,Katherine Jenkins and Ken Barlow.I wonder if his son Gary will be a surprise guest.

Hope so.🤣

Edited by zap99

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Hey Zap,got a flyer from our TA today.Princess are promoting evenings with Lulu,Katherine Jenkins and Ken Barlow.I wonder if his son Gary will be a surprise guest.

I have zero interest in what Ken Barlow (Roach) has to say,  Lulu I can take or leave but we saw Katherine Jenkins a while ago on P&O, she was  brilliant and I could be tempted to book the cruise that she is on.

Both of us to get our second jabs this afternoon at our GP's surgery. 

Unfortunately our appointments are two hours apart.  Fortunately, if they make us have our jabs at the booked times, there's a craft beer pub five minutes walk away that has re-opened.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Unfortunately our appointments are two hours apart.  Fortunately, if they make us have our jabs at the booked times, there's a craft beer pub five minutes walk away that has re-opened.

I would just ask if you can both go in together, we had the same situation but it was not busy so they were happy to just jab away as people turned up. Then go to the pub.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Good to know that your wife has somewhere nice to wait for you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have zero interest in what Ken Barlow (Roach) has to say,  Lulu I can take or leave but we saw Katherine Jenkins a while ago on P&O, she was  brilliant and I could be tempted to book the cruise that she is on.

Yeah,Lulu just makes me wanna shout.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

What! not a Wetherspoons?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I would just ask if you can both go in together, we had the same situation but it was not busy so they were happy to just jab away as people turned up. Then go to the pub.

We were actually booked in together, to keep us in our 'bubble'  Same room, same time, same doctor. Commonsense really I would have thought.

Avril

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

Still in Cornwall, fortunately the rain has stopped. It's nice to see the local businesses open. Forget the Duchy of Cornwall, much of Looe seems to be owned by the Pengelly family, be careful how you speak to the youngsters, they may be local Royalty. We went to dinner, the music was loud. TOM PETTY, do you have a booking Mr Petty, no the music,Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.DW took over, stop confusing people. The food was a bit slow coming, but that's ok it tasted nice. The young Ladies seemed to have it under control and the place had a nice buzz, so we left a decent tip. Goodnight madam, Mr Petty come back soon...at the team meeting this morning... You'll never guess who we had in yesterday🤣

Would be difficult Tom Petty to have been there, he died in 2017, I was fortunate to see him perform with the Heartbreakers in 1992 in Birmingham. 

Edited by Snow Hill

10 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Would be difficult Tom Petty to have been there, he died in 2017, I was fortunate to see him perform with the Heartbreakers in 1992 in Birmingham. 

I saw him in the summer of 1978 at Knebworth  along with Jefferson Starship and Genesis.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I knew that 🤣another pain killer tragedy. His best concert that I saw was on you tube. The 30th anniversary concert from Gainesville Florida. Their home town.

• Like 1