P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

"Millionaire hotspot Salcombe blocks second home buyers

The local authority of 'Chelsea-on-Sea' wants all new-build homes in the town to be bought as a ‘primary residence'"

One of today's news stories - Jean might have a view on this from a local standpoint.  It must be well nigh impossible for locals to buy anything in the area, much like Cornwall, and parts of Norfolk and Somerset.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

"Millionaire hotspot Salcombe blocks second home buyers

The local authority of 'Chelsea-on-Sea' wants all new-build homes in the town to be bought as a ‘primary residence'"

One of today's news stories - Jean might have a view on this from a local standpoint.  It must be well nigh impossible for locals to buy anything in the area, much like Cornwall, and parts of Norfolk and Somerset.

And parts of North Wales too. 

Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums. Your post will be removed and you may receive a Guideline Reminder. However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email. Please write to the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums. Your post will be removed and you may receive a Guideline Reminder. However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email. Please write to the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com.

Are you allowed to tell us what has happened to Sharon ? She has been an excellent mod for many years.

Morning Bob. I'm at a bit of a loose end today. Not much happening on here this morning and the weather's a bit naff too.  I'm just mooching about trying to keep occupied.  I was watching an item about 'Cave Syndrome' and I can definitely relate.  I want to go out but feel very anxious about it and keep putting it off 'until tomrrow', and as we all know, tomorrow never comes.😏

I hope your day is much more interesting Bob.

Avril

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Bob. I'm at a bit of a loose end today. Not much happening on here this morning and the weather's a bit naff too.  I'm just mooching about trying to keep occupied.  I was watching an item about 'Cave Syndrome' and I can definitely relate.  I want to go out but feel very anxious about it and keep putting it off 'until tomrrow', and as we all know, tomorrow never comes.😏

Avril

We have been to Wednesday Eucharist at church this morning.

Masks and social distancing observed.

It is Paulines late dad's memory tomorrow.

13 years since he died of cancer.

It was 13°C and raining at the beach.

The rain has now stopped and the sun is peeping through the clouds.

Take care and stay safe everyone and wear your mask.😷

Graham.

IMG_20210728_103533.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Morning Avril.

Very quiet for us, isolating !  Went to a family party on Saturday, first time in that sort of environment since last February. Guess what, a teenager has since gone down with Covid. Luckily it was outside and we didn't have close contact, so doing daily testing, so far so good. Typical, I know of people who have been very complacent without a hitch, first time we venture out and bingo !

Stay safe, it's still out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Typical, I know of people who have been very complacent without a hitch, first time we venture out and bingo !

So sorry to hear that, especially as you have been so careful.  I hope it turns out ok for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I do that with the housework. Keep saying I will do it tomorrow.🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Morning Avril.

Very quiet for us, isolating !  Went to a family party on Saturday, first time in that sort of environment since last February. Guess what, a teenager has since gone down with Covid. Luckily it was outside and we didn't have close contact, so doing daily testing, so far so good. Typical, I know of people who have been very complacent without a hitch, first time we venture out and bingo !

That's why I shall stay in my safe little 'cave' until maybe tomorrow 😉. Better safe than sorry.

I'm sure you'll be alright Bob, being in the open air with no close contact is as safe as you can possibly be.

Blimey!!! The heaven has suddenly opened, hailstones, strong winds and thunder. Lovely.

Avril

• Like 3

Morning Avril.

Oh no, what a nuisance especially when you have been so careful. But, I’m sure all will be fine as you were outside. Might have been different if crammed indoors tho.

Look after yourself.

Gill

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, delgirl said:

I do that with the housework. Keep saying I will do it tomorrow.🤣🤣

Mum always would say, 'The housework will still be there when your not. Put a bit of salt on it, it'll keep'

Avril

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's why I shall stay in my safe little 'cave' until maybe tomorrow 😉. Better safe than sorry.

I'm sure you'll be alright Bob, being in the open air with no close contact is as safe as you can possibly be.

Blimey!!! The heaven has suddenly opened, hailstones, strong winds and thunder. Lovely.

Avril

I think we all have to decide for ourselves when and where we feel safe and do things at our own speed.

I’m reasonably happy outdoors but very wary and careful indoors.

Rather windy here too altho so far no thunderstorm.

Bored at home watching the Olympics this afternoon as waiting for a sofa bed to arrive -  I hate waiting around for a delivery!

Gill x

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Mum always would say, 'The housework will still be there when your not. Put a bit of salt on it, it'll keep'

Avril

Housework for me today unfortunately.

Having looked after four grandchildren for three days and three nights my house needs tidying up and cleaning, lovely having them though but tiring!!

I was given some rhubarb yesterday so looks like I will be baking as well. 
I think I need a cruise to relax a bit

Michelle 

• Like 2

How was the helicopter?  Did I miss you talking about it?

All very quiet here too.  Weather is iffy, though pretty much dry.  We braved repeating a long walk this morning, where we got eaten alive by horse flies/cleggs last time.  Slapped on the Avon Skin-So-Soft (blue bottle) to keep the little blighters/biters at bay, and thankfully we were fine.

I think we’ll head off riverwards for a drink at The Sun later.

Got some beautiful plump, juicy cherries at the market this morning.  Yum. I love the summer stuff with short seasons - asparagus, runner beans, cherries, plums.  They always seem extra special because they’re not here all the time

Hi Avril - haven’t noticed you for a while.  I think yesterday’s small shenanigans rattled a few cages! 🙂

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

How was the helicopter?  Did I miss you talking about it?

All very quiet here too.  Weather is iffy, though pretty much dry.  We braved repeating a long walk this morning, where we got eaten alive by horse flies/cleggs last time.  Slapped on the Avon Skin-So-Soft (blue bottle) to keep the little blighters/biters at bay, and thankfully we were fine.

I think we’ll head off riverwards for a drink at The Sun later.

Got some beautiful plump, juicy cherries at the market this morning.  Yum. I love the summer stuff with short seasons - asparagus, runner beans, cherries, plums.  They always seem extra special because they’re not here all the time

Hi Avril - haven’t noticed you for a while.  I think yesterday’s small shenanigans rattled a few cages! 🙂

The helicopter was brilliant!!! The kids loved it!!! It was a belated Xmas pressie previously cancelled because of Covid. I have to think of something interesting for this Xmas now….

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle

• Like 3