P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I have now dug out my Highclere photo. I would like to go again as it was quite rainy and we didn’t do the garden’s justice. Plus the journey was a lot longer than we thought it was going to be and I wished we’d stayed overnight.

1CC7BCA0-F2CC-4AAC-99BC-89BC663DF34E.jpeg

Nice picture Sue.

The gardens especially the secret garden was lovely.

Graham.

IMG_20210819_154922.jpg

IMG_20210819_154649.jpg

IMG_20210819_154533.jpg

IMG_20210819_152954.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning from the Harbour Hotel Southampton, as I type I can see the Iona from my bedroom window, she's massive !  Good journey down from near Barnsley yesterday, left 6am arrived just after noon, with an hour of stops,  a good journey, M1, M25, M3.  Looking forward exploring the ship an a few hours.

Have a lovely time Bob on Iona we’re be thinking of you when you sail out and I’ll probably watch on the harbour camera, enjoy yourselves 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobcat1884 said:

graupau27, I spotted the pair of you in Carluccios on the 21st before we got on Iona for our cracking trip up to Scotlands west coast.

Hi Bobcat.

You should have said hello.

It would have been nice to see you.

This was us on the 21st August in Carluccios.

I'm pleased to hear you had a cracking trip on Iona.

Graham.

IMG_20210821_093454.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

grapau27 glad you enjoyed your Ruby wedding anniversary cruise on Britannia. Your photos brought back memories of our Ruby wedding cruise also on Britannia in 2017 in the Caribbean. We also dined in the Epicurean on our  anniversary. As we where in a suite we also had breakfast in there every morning, which is a lovely start to the day. 

Keep safe

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Pie Eater said:

grapau27 glad you enjoyed your Ruby wedding anniversary cruise on Britannia. Your photos brought back memories of our Ruby wedding cruise also on Britannia in 2017 in the Caribbean. We also dined in the Epicurean on our  anniversary. As we where in a suite we also had breakfast in there every morning, which is a lovely start to the day. 

Keep safe

Thank you for your nice words.

I'm delighted you experienced your 40th wedding anniversary in Epicurean on Britannia too.

Best wishes.

Graham.

Hi all,

Not been on here for a few days as things have been hectic at work and here at home. Got the builders in and I struggle with the noise also had a few very stressful days at work - with rooms being booked that should not have been by a third party agent and a full house so not rooms available plus a guest testing positive for covid. Have done a test and I'm negative. With the number of cases surging here in Cornwall we have gone back to implementing the wearing of masks for all in the hotel to be safe. Just feel as though we are going backwards and not making any progress. Better safe than sorry though!

On the brighter side we had a family BBQ on the beach out at Portreath last night.

20210827_200028.jpg

20210827_201400.jpg

• Like 13

9 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I won't promise I'll wave !  Hope to have had a meal and enjoying a drink in the Crows Nest, somebody's got to do it !

Iona Total Passengers = 3190 Total Crew =1457 + 1 ( Pilot )

Have a good one Bob :classic_smile:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Nice picture Sue.

The gardens especially the secret garden was lovely.

Graham.

IMG_20210819_154922.jpg

IMG_20210819_154649.jpg

IMG_20210819_154533.jpg

IMG_20210819_152954.jpg

It looks as though you and Pauline celebrated your Ruby Wedding Anniversary in style! I shall have to show hubby the photos with a big hint as we celebrated our 40 years chez nous last year during lockdown

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It looks as though you and Pauline celebrated your Ruby Wedding Anniversary in style! I shall have to show hubby the photos with a big hint as we celebrated our 40 years chez nous last year during lockdown

Belated congratulations Ann for your Ruby anniversary last year.

Hopefully you can persuade your husband to do something similar.

Good luck.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Hi all,

Not been on here for a few days as things have been hectic at work and here at home. Got the builders in and I struggle with the noise also had a few very stressful days at work - with rooms being booked that should not have been by a third party agent and a full house so not rooms available plus a guest testing positive for covid. Have done a test and I'm negative. With the number of cases surging here in Cornwall we have gone back to implementing the wearing of masks for all in the hotel to be safe. Just feel as though we are going backwards and not making any progress. Better safe than sorry though!

On the brighter side we had a family BBQ on the beach out at Portreath last night.

20210827_200028.jpg

20210827_201400.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Gorgeous photos though .

• Like 1

good morning from sunny Salcombe.  Shame about some of the visitors.  Last night we had speeding ribs, trying to board other people's yachts, using foul language and chucking bottles in the water.  Some folk are just horrible aren't they?

Belated Happy 40th Anniversary to Graham.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

good morning from sunny Salcombe.  Shame about some of the visitors.  Last night we had speeding ribs, trying to board other people's yachts, using foul language and chucking bottles in the water.  Some folk are just horrible aren't they?

Sadly Jean many feel that as long as they are enjoying themselves they don’t care a hoot about anyone else. It is their right and they’ve had a tough time in lockdown so they deserve some fun etc etc. Selfishness is the blight of our society at times…… 

Gill x

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Sadly Jean many feel that as long as they are enjoying themselves they don’t care a hoot about anyone else. It is their right and they’ve had a tough time in lockdown so they deserve some fun etc etc. Selfishness is the blight of our society at times…… 

Gill x

I fully agree, giving a thought for others seems to be a thing of the past for a lot of people.

The me, me, me brigade gave us a good example when that nurse at the beginning of the

pandemic had that poor woman in tears due to panic buying . When we step onto a cruise ship and I used to get up very early for filming and I would see people scuttling about claiming a sun bed with a towel and having no intension of using it for a couple of hours . Even the new app system that you book meals with ,some are booking just incase they fancy a meal .I honestly wish they would start charging at the point of booking . A a guy called Pete shows it very well and I have started the video there to highlight the problem .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Thank you Jean.

I hope the horrible visitors were caught and charged.

Graham.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jean.

I hope the horrible visitors were caught and charged.

Graham.

Well one of the guys who managed to get onto the bathing platform was pushed off by the owner and had a salty lesson.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

When we were in Anglesey in July we saw a number of jet skis & water scooters harassing people on paddle boards trying to tip the paddle boarders into the water with their wash. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

It seems that on Britannia that the pricing for Sindhu has changed instead of price per person for the meal it is now individually priced per course and prices have increased considerably since we were last on.

We are eating in Sindhu tonight and I think you are right. It’s now a la carte. However, 50% discount so quids in. Hubbies birthday so we would have booked anyway. If it’s good we may go again. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We are eating in Sindhu tonight and I think you are right. It’s now a la carte. However, 50% discount so quids in. Hubbies birthday so we would have booked anyway. If it’s good we may go again. 

Have always eaten in Sindhu on every ship we have sailed in and at 50% for first night a bargain but I am afraid for the rest of the time at full price for me its a no and I would give it a miss. P&O seem to forget we have already paid for a meal in MDR as part of our cruise fare so think there will be a lot more people giving it a miss. 

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

Happy birthday to your husband today.

I hope you have a lovely meal and fantastic cruise.

Graham.