Azamara Cruisers - How are things where YOU are

Grandma Cruising

On 9/28/2022 at 5:52 PM, kent4489 said:

We’re in Bonita Springs, Fl, just north of Naples. We are one mile to the beach. The very worst is past, but the wind is still howling and strong.  Earlier, we had a gutter come off and it went flying somewhere. The street is filled with horticulture debris. Our electricity has been off for 7 hours now and most likely will be out for several days, hopefully not longer. However, there is still a concern for rising water. Only a half mile away, cars are floating down the street. Still very worried here.

We are in Ft Myers and have emerged only minorly wounded.   We leave next week for the ONWARD from Ravenna to Rome.... NEVER LOOKED FORWARD so much being onboard!  The damage across the Ft Myers area ( a large area, that goes from the coast to almost 30 miles inland) was varied, but in areas was horrendous and will take a year or more to repair.   We, living well inland, were lucky.   CAn't wait to be taken care of by the Azamara staff!

• Like 7

Just an update from Bonita Springs, FL. We are feeling very fortunate. We got our electricity back in 3 days. Only a half mile away, not so fortunate. We went to our boat house, half mile away toward the beach and boats were everywhere. They had a 10 foot surge in the office. The neighborhood behind had a lot of flooding and some lost everything. We used to own a home on Ft. Myers Beach and I saw satelite images yesterday. Our old house was standing, but house 2 doors away was gone. I heard the houses in that neighborhood had 7-8 of water inside. The damage got worse moving north on the island. Thank you for all the thoughts.

• Like 3

I just got internet back this afternoon.  No water or power for days.  What a nightmare.  We were fortunate to have little damage, but the lake outside of our home rose from the torrential rain (20 in.)  and came within 1 inch of being inside.   The streets in my neighborhood were flooded with knee deep water for days.  The wind was incredible. Hundreds of trees down in our neighborhood alone.   I feel like I’ve aged 20 years.  But so lucky, as just a few miles south, it is devastated.  Thanks to all for your caring thoughts. It was an experience I never want to repeat.   It is wonderful to have a cruise to look forward to, even if it is a year away! 

Edited by KY Deb
  • Like 7

This is our commemorative Thanksgiving Day in Canada and I hope that, despite  all the trials and tribulations that posters on this board may have encountered over the past year, there are also elements of that year that each person can remember and celebrate. 

I am particularly cognizant of those who have suffered in recent storms both on our East Coast and in the United States, and also of the ongoing toll taken by the presence of Covid.

But we can be warmed by the thoughts of Thanksgiving gatherings in the past and moments of happiness that they brought. 

We can also anticipate new challenges and experiences in the year ahead.

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nordski said:

This is our commemorative Thanksgiving Day in Canada and I hope that, despite  all the trials and tribulations that posters on this board may have encountered over the past year, there are also elements of that year that each person can remember and celebrate. 

I am particularly cognizant of those who have suffered in recent storms both on our East Coast and in the United States, and also of the ongoing toll taken by the presence of Covid.

But we can be warmed by the thoughts of Thanksgiving gatherings in the past and moments of happiness that they brought. 

We can also anticipate new challenges and experiences in the year ahead.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, @nordski, and to all my other Canadian friends!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Happy Thanksgiving to you, @nordski, and to all my other Canadian friends!

Thanks!!!

One thing to be thankful for is that, although you can buy pumpkin spice syrup, no one has yet decided to add pumpkin spice to maple syrup. I am certain you will agree that that is a Good Thing!

But you now can purchase pumpkin spice poutine and a pumpkin spice latté.

And that is NOT a Good Thing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, nordski said:

Thanks!!!

One thing to be thankful for is that, although you can buy pumpkin spice syrup, no one has yet decided to add pumpkin spice to maple syrup. I am certain you will agree that that is a Good Thing!

But you now can purchase pumpkin spice poutine and a pumpkin spice latté.

And that is NOT a Good Thing!

Pumpkin spice poutine sounds horrific. Or was that a joke?

E1BEC1EB-D173-4BE6-8D48-4F15EAB24971.thumb.jpeg.2c123a1626079570e9cd245268abaa97.jpeg6A2C9ABF-250D-4653-934A-8C3FD86FC213.thumb.jpeg.b112df8b215d747c6ba0640837b29609.jpegOnce again, I just can’t resist posting cliché autumn photos from the forests of Southern Ontario, The colours are very bright this year but the pictures suffer a bit as it is an overcast day.

The photo of my daughter under the gloriously coloured tree is one we take as an annual tradition.

Now the maple trees are storing nutrients in their roots as they prepare to survive winter and for the flow of sap in the spring. And we all 5E3A596A-2F49-4DC8-AB64-A6A5FF0A5D58.thumb.jpeg.f01bc5706096714980eaea0e8f0f05ad.jpeg5E3A596A-2F49-4DC8-AB64-A6A5FF0A5D58.thumb.jpeg.f01bc5706096714980eaea0e8f0f05ad.jpegknow what marvellous product will be the result,

Apologies for the duplicate photos and strange layout. I can’t seem to correct either problem

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nordski said:

E1BEC1EB-D173-4BE6-8D48-4F15EAB24971.thumb.jpeg.2c123a1626079570e9cd245268abaa97.jpeg6A2C9ABF-250D-4653-934A-8C3FD86FC213.thumb.jpeg.b112df8b215d747c6ba0640837b29609.jpegOnce again, I just can’t resist posting cliché autumn photos from the forests of Southern Ontario, The colours are very bright this year but the pictures suffer a bit as it is an overcast day.

The photo of my daughter under the gloriously coloured tree is one we take as an annual tradition.

Now the maple trees are storing nutrients in their roots as they prepare to survive winter and for the flow of sap in the spring. And we all 5E3A596A-2F49-4DC8-AB64-A6A5FF0A5D58.thumb.jpeg.f01bc5706096714980eaea0e8f0f05ad.jpeg5E3A596A-2F49-4DC8-AB64-A6A5FF0A5D58.thumb.jpeg.f01bc5706096714980eaea0e8f0f05ad.jpegknow what marvellous product will be the result,

Apologies for the duplicate photos and strange layout. I can’t seem to correct either problem

Unfortunately, can’t see the photo!!