PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

5 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

If you go to Explore.org and click the Bears/Brooks Falls Brown Bears tab, it’s  livestreaming bears in Katmai National Park snagging salmon in the river.   The camera is rotated periodically showing the fisher-bears a bit farther down river.  Wonderful!  Now I’m hungry.

Thanks. I’ve never seen anything like that!

2 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

It’s become one of our favorite websites - always something to see (even very early in the morning when we can’t sleep).  

I have it open and running in the background, and check on "them" periodically.  Some of those bears are very territorial.  Thank you so much for posting this information!

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

Today was great all I did was relax on my Rowboat  with my two granddaughters. Just watching them SMILING as they were catching fish 🐠. Made my day happy happy 😊 

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Our July has been rather strange--usually it is the dryest and hottest month here in MA, but June was hotter & dryer this year.  Returned a few days ago from a trip to Maine--including 4 days on a 150-yr. old windjammer, the Stephen Taber, (out of Rockland, ME).  Although our cabin was pretty small, the fantastic meals prepared by the Chef was a highlight, with wine & cheese every night chosen by the Capt. and his wife--we even had a lobster bake on a beach and the Capt. personally prepared "special" S'mores for dessert.  Certainly different from an ocean cruise--but definitely a fantastic alternative.  

Now in just about 4 more months  we will (hopefully) be boarding the new Enchanted Princess.

• Like 1

Our June here in Colorado was warmer than normal which continues the trend we’ve been experiencing for a long time now - like many of you CCrs - and although the state is in drought, we’ve had more normal weather plus some rain in July.  A welcome gift!  We’ve got acorn buds in the scrub oaks this year, which should mean the local wildlife catch a break as we head into Fall.  Might need to do some supplemental watering to see that crop through to the end, but will just run through the sprinklers instead of showering to keep water use down.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Holy Cow! Cold Snap!  11:30 PM and it's suddenly down to 88°!!! Time to open up the windows and let the cool night air come in. It's about time...

We actually had a little rain this morning.  (very little).  So now the humidity is 77% and it is 81 degrees.

@Thrak Are you close to the fires? From the Cal Fire map it looks like it is East of you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

We actually had a little rain this morning.  (very little).  So now the humidity is 77% and it is 81 degrees.

@Thrak Are you close to the fires? From the Cal Fire map it looks like it is East of you.

Close enough for the smoke but then again they're getting the smoke back east as well. Butte   Meadows has mandatory evacuations. It's about miles to drive but maybe only about 25 miles as the crow flies. Like everybody else, we are sick of the dang fires.

EDIT: I just learned something about Google Maps. I wanted to know the Crow Flies distance from where we live to Butte Meadows. Here is how to do it:

Right Click on your starting point. This brings up a context menu. Click on Measure Distance. Click on your end point. It gives you a straight line across the map and tells you the distance. Very cool.

Edited by Thrak

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Close enough for the smoke but then again they're getting the smoke back east as well. Butte   Meadows has mandatory evacuations. It's about miles to drive but maybe only about 25 miles as the crow flies. Like everybody else, we are sick of the dang fires.

Stay safe!

Wow. I took my wife over to see her knee surgeon. I waited in the lobby for her to get in and out and kept hearing the front desk person asking folks on the phone if they were calling to see "Doctor Who". At least that's what it sounded like to me. I thought, "Naw.  No way. It's just something that sounds sort of like Doctor Who but that's a TV show.  I just got home and decided to look up the physicians in that group. Yep. There is a "Doctor Hu". I can only imagine how tired he must get of people commenting on his "famous" name. Then again, maybe he gets off on it.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Wow. I took my wife over to see her knee surgeon. I waited in the lobby for her to get in and out and kept hearing the front desk person asking folks on the phone if they were calling to see "Doctor Who". At least that's what it sounded like to me. I thought, "Naw.  No way. It's just something that sounds sort of like Doctor Who but that's a TV show.  I just got home and decided to look up the physicians in that group. Yep. There is a "Doctor Hu". I can only imagine how tired he must get of people commenting on his "famous" name. Then again, maybe he gets off on it.

image.png

Edited by MamaFej
two pix showed up
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, MamaFej said:

image.png

I love it !!! Can’t stop laughing 😁😁😁😁 Abbot and Costello are in the Baseball Hall of Fame because of that baseball routine. You can watch it on YouTube. Who’s on first.

Tony

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

We have to keep laughing!  Don't think the Doc would mind! 🙂My neighbor asked to park her SUV in our driveway. Work being done on her driveway ! I called her and said my husband thanks you for our new SUV 🙂 She spit her coffee out! lol If u make someone else laugh just a bigger win!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

Wow!  Phil just said he’d be up for a cruise late next summer so we booked Sapphire for B2B our of Vancouver Aug 20 2022.  We have cruised both Sapphire and the Grand in the past, and decided the Sapphire might have a slight edge for Alaska cruising (since the Coral isn’t in Alaska next year… sigh).  Hopefully B2B AND Vancouver will be options then.  Would love to fly in 2 days early but if PRC tests are still required 3 days prior, not sure how that might work.  Oh well, we’re jazzed!  I’m still wondering if I should move it earlier in August, but am trying to be considerate to new kitty-sitter and avoiding travel during the hottest part of the summer since the house isn’t air conditioned. Oh it feels lovely to have a cruise on the books!  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LoriPhil said:

Wow!  Phil just said he’d be up for a cruise late next summer so we booked Sapphire for B2B our of Vancouver Aug 20 2022.  We have cruised both Sapphire and the Grand in the past, and decided the Sapphire might have a slight edge for Alaska cruising (since the Coral isn’t in Alaska next year… sigh).  Hopefully B2B AND Vancouver will be options then.  Would love to fly in 2 days early but if PRC tests are still required 3 days prior, not sure how that might work.  Oh well, we’re jazzed!  I’m still wondering if I should move it earlier in August, but am trying to be considerate to new kitty-sitter and avoiding travel during the hottest part of the summer since the house isn’t air conditioned. Oh it feels lovely to have a cruise on the books!  Fingers crossed. 

This is funny - we are booked on the same B2B - but we are breaking our new cat sitter in with a 15 day Hawaii cruise in January and a 7 day coastal in April. Yes I think Canada will be open then but will need proof of vaccination

• Like 1

Memoak, we ARE aligned!  I think your Hawaii cruise to break in the kitty sitter sounds way more fun than our few days in New Mexico, but any time away is good.  Are you doing the Aug 20/27 B2B on the Sapphire (now that would be spooky), or a different B2B?  Oh -  I better send a text to our kitty sitter to block out the dates!  

Edited by LoriPhil

38 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

Memoak, we ARE aligned!  I think your Hawaii cruise to break in the kitty sitter sounds way more fun than our few days in New Mexico, but any time away is good.  Are you doing the Aug 20/27 B2B on the Sapphire (now that would be spooky), or a different B2B?  Oh -  I better send a text to our kitty sitter to block out the dates!  

Spooky is right same cruises North on August 20 and South on the 27. This is one of our favorite B2B trips 

Thought of a song I hadn't heard in a looooooooooooooong time. Asked Google what the album was. Asked Alexa to play the album. OMG. 1970. In some ways I really miss those days. In others not so much. We were so young and had absolutely no idea about the world but we thought we were so "grown up" and knew so much. I miss the innocence but not the poverty and uncertainty. It amazes me that 1970 was so long ago. How in the world did this happen? That was the year I met my wife. We were soooooooooooo very young. It boggles my poor mind. (I'm a guy so in some ways I'm not really much older...)

Do you ever look back at your younger days and marvel at how different things were then?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Thought of a song I hadn't heard in a looooooooooooooong time. Asked Google what the album was. Asked Alexa to play the album. OMG. 1970. In some ways I really miss those days. In others not so much. We were so young and had absolutely no idea about the world but we thought we were so "grown up" and knew so much. I miss the innocence but not the poverty and uncertainty. It amazes me that 1970 was so long ago. How in the world did this happen? That was the year I met my wife. We were soooooooooooo very young. It boggles my poor mind. (I'm a guy so in some ways I'm not really much older...)

Do you ever look back at your younger days and marvel at how different things were then?

I totally agree with you.  We are about the same age.  I remember the phrase "Never trust anyone over 30". How did we get so far beyond that?  So much has changed since 1970.  How am I old enough for grandchildren!!! 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

I marvel at how things seem to stay so much the same. Where's my flying car? 😁

The cars we drive today might look different but pretty much work the same as they always have. We fly around in jets that wouldn't turn a head in 1970 and we still haven't gone back to the moon. We live and work in cities that are pretty much just like they were in 1970, only bigger.

If it wasn't for mobile phones and the internet, which admittedly are big deals, how different is today really from 1970? But at least we've moved on in a fashion sense from the 70's, the decade that good taste forgot. 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

Look up a Video and song by Kane Brown ( Homesick) anyone who has had a family member overseas gets it! I am hooked on that song and I am in your age group or above!

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

OMG. 1970. In some ways I really miss those days. In others not so much. We were so young and had absolutely no idea about the world but we thought we were so "grown up" and knew so much.

1970 was the year I turned 3. I don't remember much of it at all, but I do know what the three year-olds in my adult life have been like. I feel pretty confident in saying that in 1970, I too, was so young and had absolutely no idea about the world, but I thought I was so "grown up" and knew so much. 

On 7/22/2021 at 1:45 PM, MamaFej said:

Hufflepug is like that. She acts really happy to see us at first, then blows us off for a couple of days. Gryffindog is just happy we are home, and enjoys getting laps all to herself while Huffy is in her mood. 
Since we were in the RV for six weeks, then only home for around ten days before leaving for another four weeks, it’s anyone’s guess how much Huffy will think we need to be punished. 

Just in case anyone was curious, Hufflepug decided agianst punishing us this time. She has been super snuggly and loving. Maybe she decided that punishing me doesn't stop me from leaving again? I don't know, but she and Gryffy are in my lap right now, as I sit on the recliner, acting as my "desk."

• Haha 1