Reduced Deposit?

Baz-t

I received an email today from Regent (same ownership as Oceania, ie Norwegian) stating that deposits are now reduced to 10% on new bookings before 30 April. Also, cancellation permitted up to 48 hours before the cruise departure date, with no penalty.

Time for Oceania to follow suit and reduce deposit on new bookings?

18 minutes ago, Baz-t said:

I received an email today from Regent (same ownership as Oceania, ie Norwegian) stating that deposits are now reduced to 10% on new bookings before 30 April. Also, cancellation permitted up to 48 hours before the cruise departure date, with no penalty.

Time for Oceania to follow suit and reduce deposit on new bookings?

But if you cancel do you get  a refund or FCC??

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/assurance

24 minutes ago, ORV said:

The deposit is already less than 10% in most cases on Oceania. What is normal for Regent?

Exactly. Oceania also is offering the 48 hour cancellation guarantee. You get FCC not a refund. 

22 hours ago, ORV said:

The deposit is already less than 10% in most cases on Oceania. What is normal for Regent?

No way. I put up a $1500 deposit on a total price for 2 $2000 Caribbean cruise back in January. My current $1500 deposit on June 26 Baltic Cruise is on a total price for 2 of $6000, 25%. Where do you come up with 10%?

13 minutes ago, susiesan said:

No way. I put up a $1500 deposit on a total price for 2 $2000 Caribbean cruise back in January. My current $1500 deposit on June 26 Baltic Cruise is on a total price for 2 of $6000, 25%. Where do you come up with 10%?

Are those inside rooms? 

Look at at least a B2 on trips of 10 days or more.  I'm pretty sure you'll find deposits in the 10% range or lower. Of course any of us could cherry pick them and find whatever we want to prove our point. I've got an F guarantee next year that the deposit is only slightly more than 10%, the next categories from Oceanview to PH all become 10% or less.

I believe all suites Oceania and up have a different deposit scale. 

14 minutes ago, ORV said:

Are those inside rooms? 

Look at at least a B2 on trips of 10 days or more.  I'm pretty sure you'll find deposits in the 10% range or lower. Of course any of us could cherry pick them and find whatever we want to prove our point. I've got an F guarantee next year that the deposit is only slightly more than 10%, the next categories from Oceanview to PH all become 10% or less.

Caribbean was an outside cabin on Sirena, the Baltic is a Cat g inside guarantee on Marina. I never book suites.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Are those inside rooms? 

Well I booked a PH on the Marina for Sept/Oct.  and the deposit was! $750pp  on a m$ 5200 pp fare and upgrade from a B3.   Same deposit.    What was nice is they upped the OBC to $900 from $250  without buying O life...... pretty cool.

Oceania's deposits for non-suite staterooms is $750 for up to 14 days, $1,500 for 15-24 days, and so on.  Just deposited $1500 pp for 17 day Caribbean in December 2020, B3 category.  Just learned from my O rep that the deposit is being returned due to FCC being applied to this cruise.  The FCC was from the Sirena 3-18 cruise that O cancelled.

Happy days!

7 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Just learned from my O rep that the deposit is being returned due to FCC being applied to this cruise.

That's good news.

We have FCC from Seabourn that cannot be applied to deposit, taxes or any other ship expenses - can be applied ONLY to the cruise fare.

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

Oceania's deposits for non-suite staterooms is $750 for up to 14 days, $1,500 for 15-24 days, and so on.  Just deposited $1500 pp for 17 day Caribbean in December 2020, B3 category. 

Happy days!

Is that new  deposit rates?

I have never paid more than the $750 PP 

Anyone else having trouble getting a refundable deposit back from Oceania?

My TA cancelled my cruise on Sirenia for Oct 4/20, on March 1/20.

Paid $2000 CAD for 2 passengers refundable deposit.

TA has contacted Oceania 3 times now and gets excuses:" It will be refunded in 24-48 hrs, in a couple of days, well, because of the current situation..."

Charge  to credit card is directly from Oceania.

Other cruise lines have always refunded within a couple of days.

Cancelled with Princess March 6/20 & got refund to credit card dated same day.