Queen Victoria current location

Solent Richard

On Marine Traffic AIS  find Trieste then at top right hand corner  you should find Lar/Long position          ( not on phones perhaps) scroll upto Monfacone and find Lat/ Long position 45.47.45N    013 32 25E . What you see may depend on how current the image is.

5 hours ago, Captain_Morgan said:

Sadly, whomever advised that Queen Anne is in Trieste as referenced is mistaken as 'A' is a private sailing yacht owned by a Russian oligarch; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_(sailing_yacht)

image.png.df0c99ad92f44656e84500c1c4a57fec.png

4 hours ago, sogne said:

On Marine Traffic AIS  find Trieste then at top right hand corner  you should find Lar/Long position          ( not on phones perhaps) scroll upto Monfacone and find Lat/ Long position 45.47.45N    013 32 25E . What you see may depend on how current the image is.

Thank you both for correcting my blunder. That's what I get for believing a post on facebook! I really should have been more careful. There are at least three things wrong with the identification of "A" as being Queen Anne.

1) That vessel A is clearly "Sailing Yacht A" as shown by displaying the details in marinetraffic.

2) A ship at Queen Anne's stage of construction is unlikely to have a functioning AIS transmitter.

3) News reports have Queen Anne being constructed at Fincantieri Monfalcone, not Fincantieri Tieste, which places Queen Anne about 15 statute miles NW of Trieste. Close, but no cigar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Thank you both for correcting my blunder. That's what I get for believing a post on facebook! I really should have been more careful. There are at least three things wrong with the identification of "A" as being Queen Anne.

1) That vessel A is clearly "Sailing Yacht A" as shown by displaying the details in marinetraffic.

2) A ship at Queen Anne's stage of construction is unlikely to have a functioning AIS transmitter.

3) News reports have Queen Anne being constructed at Fincantieri Monfalcone, not Fincantieri Tieste, which places Queen Anne about 15 statute miles NW of Trieste. Close, but no cigar.

Have you checked the lat/Long in my post above on AIS 

1 hour ago, longton said:

Presently we are sailing down the Adriatic. It was overcast and rainy today but warm.

The Captain announced this morning that our call into Gibraltar on Monday has been cancelled. It has been replaced with Malaga.

Was there any explanation? Seems like a good swap to me but I guess not everyone will be happy.

4 hours ago, longton said:

Presently we are sailing down the Adriatic. It was overcast and rainy today but warm.

The Captain announced this morning that our call into Gibraltar on Monday has been cancelled. It has been replaced with Malaga.

2 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Was there any explanation? Seems like a good swap to me but I guess not everyone will be happy.

I realised after I had asked the question that it might be to avoid Gibraltar on a Public Holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

QV is in Valencia today. Here is a capture from the Valencia Puerto webcam hosted by the Tourisme Comunitat Valenciana website "comunitatvalenciana.com". The other cruise ship in this view is Mein Schiff 2. I am posting this image with the kind permission of Turisme Comunitat Valenciana.

244807342_QVValencia2022-09-28.thumb.jpg.cd5b17e66779988470a164c705e746ab.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 6:49 PM, techteach said:

Looks like a storm is brewing.

It does rather, but the clouds did move away and the weather was perfect all day. Even better for the short ferry ride to Portofino next door. ☀️☀️

• Like 1

Here's a glimpse of QV departing Santander today. This is a webcam capture from the Puerto de Santander website found at "puertosantander.es".

Santander is a rare call for Cunard ships. As far as I know, today was the first time any of the current Cunard fleet has called there.

cam1.thumb.jpg.54b2a024c67b3a61b496aa3996e7b2fb.jpg

• Like 3

QV is at Cherbourg today. Here is a view of QV captured from the Cherbourg-Octeville / Le Port webcam found on the Viewsurf website at "www.viewsurf.com/univers/ville/vue/13216-france-basse-normandie-cherbourg-octeville-le-port". I am posting this courtesy of L'Equipe Viewsurf.

1282331601_QECherbourg2022-10-29.thumb.jpg.2c530d84acaea89486e8750e9d6c0185.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

QV has been in Madeira the past couple days for the New Year festivities. Here is a capture from one of the webcams found at "www.madeira-web.com" a few minutes ago showing QV at the far right in the Funchal anchorage along with some of the fireworks display.

698504603_QVMadeira2023-01-01.thumb.jpg.7c0cf1b0621492507599d4cb9f8b9e83.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an image of QV at Cuxhaven captured a couple hours ago. It's from the Schiffsansagedienst Cuxhaven webcam found at "schiffsansagedienst-cuxhaven.de/webcam/".

It's not a particularly impressive image but I thought it was worth noting the occasion since QV has now technically started her 2023 world voyage with her departure from Hamburg earlier this evening. That's the full 105-night version of her 2023 world voyage starting in Hamburg on January 9th and ending back in Hamburg on April 25th.

1072819896_QVCuxhaven2023-01-09.thumb.jpg.816ef072d9d25292bab07297d764798f.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2