Queen Victoria current location

Solent Richard

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2021 at 3:15 PM, molecrochip said:

Queen Victoria will be getting winter sun

as a mobile support ship for both P&O, Cunard

and other Carnival (Corp.) brands in the Caribbean.

Queen Victoria has been here now (Barbados)

for a few weeks, anchored in one spot -far out in Carlisle Bay!

Pics to come soon, I hope.

Queen Victoria will continue to be based at anchorage until the end of March. She is providing support for a number of Carnival Group brands who need crew to go through quarantine post flying from their local country and before joining the ship.

This allows capacity on the operational ships to be higher and avoids the need for landside quarantine in Barbados.

• Thanks 1

Queen Vic was briefly in the Bridgetown Port yesterday -

for what reason I not sure, but one would suspect a large crew transfer

or maybe just re-supply of supplies on board? or both?

She's back at anchor in Carlisle Bay today.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 12:24 AM, Aplmac said:

Queen Vic was briefly in the Bridgetown Port yesterday -

for what reason I not sure, but one would suspect a large crew transfer

or maybe just re-supply of supplies on board? or both?

Transfer of a number of passengers who were covid positive from QM2 to QV.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 5:07 PM, molecrochip said:

Queen Victoria will continue to be based at anchorage until the end of March. She is providing support for a number of Carnival Group brands who need crew to go through quarantine post flying from their local country and before joining the ship.

This allows capacity on the operational ships to be higher and avoids the need for landside quarantine in Barbados.

End of March?  We had heard through the grapevine of past guests and crew that she (QV) was meant to go to a dry dock at the beginning of March?  Are we seeing another AZ saga for the poor ship where repairs are deferred indefinitely I wonder?

21 hours ago, Captain_Morgan said:

End of March?  We had heard through the grapevine of past guests and crew that she (QV) was meant to go to a dry dock at the beginning of March?  Are we seeing another AZ saga for the poor ship where repairs are deferred indefinitely I wonder?

I can confirm that she is due to dry dock before her formal return to service in late April. At the point of my previous post, the dry dock date was not confirmed. Carnival as a corporation have various ships scheduled to make use of various dry docks and there is a degree of flexibility in those plans. Current plans have QV in the Caribbean until end of January.

7 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I can confirm that she is due to dry dock before her formal return to service in late April. At the point of my previous post, the dry dock date was not confirmed. Carnival as a corporation have various ships scheduled to make use of various dry docks and there is a degree of flexibility in those plans. Current plans have QV in the Caribbean until end of January.

Fair point that the corporation is likely to move pieces around with respect to docking different ships in different locations, and if the aforementioned AZ saga is any indication it might very well be no surprise to anyone if QV's plans get shifted at least once or twice.  Add to the mix the uncertainty of the current COVID landscape and it brings an entirely new meaning to word 'flexible' when referring to future planning

44 minutes ago, safarigal said:

And now she is heading back in the direction of St Lucia again 🙂

Perhaps QV will be rendezvousing with P&O Britannia which is heading to Castries from Grenada. Both have scheduled arrivals in Castries tomorrow morning.