Queen Victoria current location

Solent Richard

I witnessed one meeting of three Queens  in New York- January ( i think) 2008. The old QE2, the brandnew QV- and QM2 - on which I came back from the carribbean.

The three Queens arrived together in NYC- unforgetable. They overturend each other- it was quite a sight- even though early in the morning.

58 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

I witnessed one meeting of three Queens  in New York- January ( i think) 2008. The old QE2, the brandnew QV- and QM2 - on which I came back from the carribbean.

The three Queens arrived together in NYC- unforgetable. They overturend each other- it was quite a sight- even though early in the morning.

That would have been January 13, 2008. I bet that was a sight to see those three queens (QE2, QM2 and QV) together in New York. From a video and news reports, it looks like they had quite a send off that evening including fireworks as they paused together near the Statue of Liberty during their departure from New York.

Edited by bluemarble

On 8/6/2020 at 8:46 AM, bluemarble said:

Hoping to see some pictures/videos of all three queens together there [Weymouth].

Here are a couple youtube videos posted today showing the three Cunard Queens at Weymouth. Looks like they may have both been taken from the same boat (different posters but the same lady can be seen in both). The first video has the ships mislabelled in a couple places, but I appreciate seeing them nonetheless. The second video avoids that problem by not attempting to label the ships.

Here's another youtube video showing cruise ships, including three Cunard Queens, at Weymouth. The video was posted today (August 12)  but must have been taken before QE departed for Southampton yesterday evening (August 11). It includes a flyover of QV. Pretty eerie only being able to spot one crew member walking on the upper deck of QV during that flyover.

Edited by bluemarble

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

QV is on the move again. She set sail from Weymouth about an hour ago. She is reporting a destination of "GBMGT" with an arrival time of 8:00am tomorrow. Apparently that destination code represents Margate.

I expect to see her go by shortly, hotly pursued by the QE which will probably make it after dark.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 6:42 PM, bluemarble said:

QV is on the move again. She set sail from Weymouth about an hour ago. She is reporting a destination of "GBMGT" with an arrival time of 8:00am tomorrow. Apparently that destination code represents Margate.

trust you are all ok   QV is now anchored just NE of Margate having spent the day   sailing slowly just south of the deep water approach channel to Felixstowe. This is a much more sheltered position than Weymouth Bay. Wind is currently about 30knots from SW       

1 hour ago, Ray66 said:

I just noticed that the QV is docked in Southampton for 4 days: 25th-29th August.

If I'm not mistaken, QV was originally scheduled to dock in Southampton on the 26th. I figured she may have altered plans to arrive earlier, during the very early morning hours of the 25th, because of the weather. I noticed most of the ships (including QV) began to vacate Weymouth again the evening of the 24th and there were 40+ knot winds in the forecast. Most of those ships are back at Weymouth now.

I don't know why QV is remaining in Southampton until the 29th. I had figured she would be back on her way to Weymouth today.

Edited by bluemarble

33 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

If I'm not mistaken, QV was originally scheduled to dock in Southampton on the 26th. I figured she may have altered plans to arrive earlier, during the very early morning hours of the 25th, because of the weather. I noticed most of the ships (including QV) began to vacate Weymouth again the evening of the 24th and there were 40+ knot winds in the forecast. Most of those ships are back at Weymouth now.

I don't know why QV is remaining in Southampton until the 29th. I had figured she would be back on her way to Weymouth today.

Also noticeable that Poole/Bournemouth bay is now the mooring home for a stack of cruise ships, this spot not having been used that much until now.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Ray66 said:

All 3 ships' webcams seem to be stuck at the moment but I notcie from the Southampton Cruise Ship Schedule that the QV is in Southampton for 8 days from 8th-16th October. Maybe having some work done?

Not sure what's up with QV. I'm fairly sure the original schedule was for her to depart Southampton the evening of 8th October (19:00, I think). Then I seem to recall seeing her departure changed to the 9th. Haven't checked since, but as you say she's now scheduled to be there until the 16th. With QM2 scheduled to be there on the 14th, there will be two Cunard Queens back in Southampton for one day anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

We've just been treated to Queen Victoria passing so I thought i'd share. Couldn't find an appropriate thread though there is one on Queen Elizabeth's position.

Anyway, here she is as Ive just spotted her, literally 5 minutes ago passing Cowes on the Isle of Wight....

2118901470_QueenVictoria922October2020.jpg.7035dead5af25c6b590f5e38cd475bca.jpg

Not the best of sunsets behind her, she obviously chose the wrong time/date as this was the later part of last week with another cruise ship passing (HAL's Nieuw Statendam)

1110624133_HALNieuwStatendamSunset15Oct2020.jpg.bb82144845efd5b9bc50ffe39c8ef208.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I was surprised to see marinetraffic is reporting that QV is heading to the US, specifically to "Hamburg Cove Landing [US]".

OK, of course that's not really where she's going. QV is reporting "Lyme Bay" as her destination, but marinetraffic seems to think that means Hamburg Cove Landing near the town of Lyme, Connecticut in the US. Wouldn't that be interesting?

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

It's been quite awhile since we've checked in on QV's location here on this thread. After posting an image on the QM2 location thread earlier today of QM2 as seen from the QV bridge webcam, the tables have turned. QV is now visible from the QM2 bridge webcam. Both ships are near Torquay today along with Arcadia, Ventura and Zaandam.

image.png.cec7025af92629e4c36737e8c2be0054.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

QV departing Southampton this evening as seen on a live stream from the "Solent Ships" youtube channel. Some sun showing through on a sad day for the UK in particular and the world in general.

2142643590_QVSouthamptonDeparture2021-04-09.thumb.jpg.9cd1eff515b9f2b6b14362dfe7ccbf74.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 8:38 AM, Solent Richard said:

A bit chilly in my dressing gown on the balcony this morning but I could not resist recording Queen Victoria passing on her way into Southampton for supplies and crew change...

44221001_QueenVictoria107May2021.jpg.5ec17b377c24a270593c11047a92f2de.jpg

And here she is sailing this evening, that was a good two days in port...

1504921478_QueenVictoria119May2021copy.thumb.jpg.af822d128dcdc263b427b080881c3114.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's been a while since we've shown any views of QV. Here's what she looked like this evening on the Cowes Camera stream of the "Ahoy Shipmate" YouTube channel. That's a recent replacement for the "Solent Ships" channel which used to show closeup views of the port of Southampton. The "Solent Ships" channel was taken down over security concerns raised by ABP (Associated British Ports).

1247983095_QVCowesCamera2021-10-16.thumb.jpg.69cb3aca87620b192da8f91543d54e78.jpg

• 3 weeks later...