Regent cruises cancelled through May 10th

Portolan

I greatly appreciate your patience and loyalty as we all navigate through these evolving and unprecedented times together. Regent Seven Seas Cruises continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and the global health environment. With COVID-19 continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we have extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages worldwide to include sailings embarking through May 10, 2020. As a result, your upcoming voyage is canceled. 

****VIDEO NOT INCLUDED HERE****

The health, safety and well-being of our guests, crew and the communities we visit remains our highest priority. Given the current worldwide conditions, we have made the difficult decision to extend the temporary suspension of sailings in order to do our part to help contain the spread of the virus and until we can safely and predictably visit these ports again.

To make up for the inconvenience of this suspension, Regent will provide a 125% Future Cruise Credit* on the amount paid for all active reservations as of March 30, 2020, when Regent canceled your voyage. This is our way of providing even more value to our loyal guests to cruise with us at a later date. This Future Cruise Credit can be applied to any reservation within one year on any Regent voyage between now and December 31, 2022. In addition, you will also receive credit for the full nights of your canceled voyage as part of the Seven Seas Society loyalty program.

*Government taxes and fees, trip insurance, and any pre-purchased items such as Regent Choice excursions or Culinary Arts Kitchen classes will be refunded. The remaining amount paid will be refunded in the form of a 125% Future Cruise Credit. Some terms may vary by country.

For guests who prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% Future Cruise Credit and credit for Seven Seas Society nights, a 100% refund option is available by completing the Refund Request Form no later than April 13, 2020. 

We are committed to taking all appropriate steps and actions to combat the spread of COVID-19 and are working closely and in partnership with local, state, federal and global agencies. While this may result in additional future changes, please know our team is working around the clock to do what is right by our guests and travel partners. We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide additional updates as they are available.

If you have questions regarding this matter, please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent’s Reservation Department. 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and we look forward to welcoming you on board in the future.

Stay Safe & Stay Strong,

Jason Montague
President & CEO
Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Also, Important to note, in the video Jason M. said that there will be a two week advance notice for future cruise cancellations.  Our cruise leaves on May 11th (in our dreams).  Since the COVID 19 infections are scheduled to peak in mid April in the US, I don’t see how this cruise could proceed.  Two weeks gives us adequate time to cancel all that we need to cancel.  

I really wish they would just be upfront and cancel all at least till late June or July.  We are supposed to be on Splendor embarking in Rome June 4 and ending in Barcelona June 16.  As a physician, I see no way that cruise is going to happen.  I need more than 2 weeks notice to cancel plans and try to resurrect my office and surgery schedule, which has been decimated as it is by the current situation in the US.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, giustot said:

It sounded to me like he was encouragng people to sign up for his 2020 reunion cruise on the Explorer on June 11th.

Yes he was so I went to website to sign up and it is waitlisted; oh well. 🙄

Generally, when someone wants to book a "waitlisted" cruise, they  can be added to the waitlist.  A deposit is helpful as they will be taken first.  One thing Regent may be doing is waitlisting cruises so that people do not book cruises in the hopes that it will be cancelled and they will receive 125% FCC.  Unfortunately, some people like to take advantage of critical situations.  It is for this reason that we are booked on a May 12th cruise (that I didn't expect to be cancelled) but have not put down a deposit.  So, when the cruise is cancelled, we will simply receive our FCC's back so that we can book another cruise.  IMHO, Regent has enough to deal with without passengers trying to take advantage of a horrendous situation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

It is for this reason that we are booked on a May 12th cruise (that I didn't expect to be cancelled) but have not put down a deposit.  So, when the cruise is cancelled, we will simply receive our FCC's back so that we can book another cruise.  IMHO, Regent has enough to deal with without passengers trying to take advantage of a horrendous situation.

How do you book a cruise without putting down a deposit ?

When I mentioned the June 11th cruise I was tryng to be lighthearted. I don't believe there is any possibility it will sail. I don't think it's waitlisted because it is full.

Cruise lines have no idea when they will be able to sail again. Once they do it's going to take weeks to get everyone and the ships in place. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic. I want to start cruising again as much as everyone else.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Tom, are you and Mona on Mariner in September?

Marc

PS I was also trying to be lighthearted; actually sarcastic /s

Yes, that /s is very important , or people around here wont understand... :)

Hi Marc. 

Although there is a great group of people going on the Mariner, I feel an Alaskan cruise that begins near the end of September is too late in the season. I think there is the potential it will be very cold, especially for Mona.

If nothing else works out we'll see you in Dallas in October.

Tom. 

Edited by giustot

Well even the Rocky Mountaineer is cancelled until 1st July how much longer will Regent delay in cancelling our 4th June cruise. In NL we have to make final payment 8th. April, no way we want to do that knowing we will not be going anyway.

https://www.rockymountaineer.com/covid19-keeping-you-updated

Rosalyn

4 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

Well even the Rocky Mountaineer is cancelled until 1st July how much longer will Regent delay in cancelling our 4th June cruise. In NL we have to make final payment 8th. April, no way we want to do that knowing we will not be going anyway.

https://www.rockymountaineer.com/covid19-keeping-you-updated

Rosalyn

Rosalyn, what is your penalty if you cancel prior to 8 April?

Bob,

I wish it were that simple with Regent we would be at 90-61 days losing 50% 60-31 75%.

However we also have our contract with T.A. Where we could lose deposit unless we can prove that there is no way the cruise  we booked would be possible,  then we would get a total refund. As a cruise in Canada and a postcruise with the Rocky Mountaineer is not going to happen I guess that would be applicable.

However Regent also refers to a possible refund when “paid in full” and there is no way we want to do that. 

13 hours ago, eby said:

How do you book a cruise without putting down a deposit ?

We tried to book another cruise within a week of our March cruise being cancelled.  Regent had not calculated our FCC's so they decided to allow us to put the suite on hold.  Within a few days, Regent sent our TA paperwork that showed our booking # and details of our cruise (without showing the FCC amounts).  It seemed strange so I went into My Account and saw that I could book dining reservations and excursions.  Then Regent booked our flights (horrible flights) so we contacted our TA and asked to deviate (which we have done).  

Keep in mind that we now expect this cruise to be cancelled (May 12th) but have continued on as if it were happening.  I suspect, but do not know, that if Regent allowed us to book the cruise (with deposit, etc.) that when it is cancelled, we would be owed more FCC's.  This is not what we want nor is it the reason we wanted the cruise.  My TA said that if/when the cruise is cancelled, the FCC's that were used to book the cruise will be returned to us.

It is all unusual but we are fine with what Regent is doing.

22 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

We tried to book another cruise within a week of our March cruise being cancelled.  Regent had not calculated our FCC's so they decided to allow us to put the suite on hold.  Within a few days, Regent sent our TA paperwork that showed our booking # and details of our cruise (without showing the FCC amounts).  It seemed strange so I went into My Account and saw that I could book dining reservations and excursions.  Then Regent booked our flights (horrible flights) so we contacted our TA and asked to deviate (which we have done).  

Keep in mind that we now expect this cruise to be cancelled (May 12th) but have continued on as if it were happening.  I suspect, but do not know, that if Regent allowed us to book the cruise (with deposit, etc.) that when it is cancelled, we would be owed more FCC's.  This is not what we want nor is it the reason we wanted the cruise.  My TA said that if/when the cruise is cancelled, the FCC's that were used to book the cruise will be returned to us.

It is all unusual but we are fine with what Regent is doing.

We're booked on May 28th, BCN to Rome.  The odds of that one going are right at 0%.  We were going to shift that one to July but with all of the uncertainty we decided to just let the May 28th one ride - we had put in for an air deviation, too, but declined it since we probably weren't going anyhow.  So we opted to take the air credit instead.

Of course, the main reason we booked this one last minute was to celebrate with our daughter after her return from Afghanistan, but obviously she's been extended since they can't get her replacements over there any time soon.  I'm guessing she's stuck at least another 90 days which would push her out to mid-July assuming things are settling by then.  So I guess we'll let Regent hold our $$ and see if we can find something going later in the year, but I'm guessing next spring might be more realistic.  If it's next year, we might consider taking the refund, it'll all depend on what's what later this year...

So much uncertainty.