Azamara refund problems (merged)

larhode

4 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We’ve received a refund (U.S.), is this a New Zealand issue?   

I don't think it is a NZ issue as some of the people who have not received refunds from early departures are also from Australia.  It seems to be that the very early cancellations are being held up for some reason.  It may be that the goal posts have moved as more and more people asked for refunds and Azamara realized what their legal obligations were, and somehow the early ones got put into the "too hard" basket.  My TA asked for our bank account number, so I am assuming we will be refunded to it.  However, we had a really strange email (via the TA) from Azamara saying that they would refund a portion of the amount owing to an account which was neither our CC number, nor our CC provider.  I am hoping that it has not been refunded to the wrong customer.  It certainly does not instill confidence.  I am pleased that some of you have had refunds, so am hanging onto the hope that we will get our refund eventually.  

4 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Thanks again for voicing your support! It has helped to calm me over recent days.

☺️ Pleased to announce that we have also received (most of) the money owed for the 17th March cruise, ☺️

It arrived on our credit card from Royal Caribbean, Miami, also apparently bypassing our TA.

Hopefully will sort the missing bit for 17th march and ports etc for 28th March before too much longer.

It’s good to hear you’ve received most of your refund, we’ve had nothing yet although we did receive an email from our travel agent yesterday saying that the refund was in hand, didn’t specifically say they had the money but it gives us hope that they have.

On another note our travel agent normally sends a payment reminder a week before balances are due today we received a reminder 3 weeks before it’s due, not that we are going to be paying at that point given the difficulty in getting this refund.

2 hours ago, Hamwen3839 said:

So happy to hear you have received your refund Baynanno1 for your earlier cruise.That gives us more hope now that we will soon be refunded for the 24 March cruise.We booked and paid through our T.A.  and she seemed to be of the view that as we were apparently part of a “group rate” we would have to wait up to 12 weeks!!!

Thank you very much . . . it is a relief!

Hope your refund follows very soon.

5 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Thanks again for voicing your support! It has helped to calm me over recent days.

☺️ Pleased to announce that we have also received (most of) the money owed for the 17th March cruise, ☺️

It arrived on our credit card from Royal Caribbean, Miami, also apparently bypassing our TA.

Hopefully will sort the missing bit for 17th march and ports etc for 28th March before too much longer.

So glad that you finally got most of your refund, let’s hope that it’s not too long before you get the rest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

It’s good to hear you’ve received most of your refund, we’ve had nothing yet although we did receive an email from our travel agent yesterday saying that the refund was in hand, didn’t specifically say they had the money but it gives us hope that they have.

On another note our travel agent normally sends a payment reminder a week before balances are due today we received a reminder 3 weeks before it’s due, not that we are going to be paying at that point given the difficulty in getting this refund.

Thank you.

I hope that your refund finds it's way to you very soon!

Likewise, I would not be enthusiastic about making a final payment at the moment. Our next booking is October this year, but we will probably lift & shift to November next year, as we don't think our borders will be open before the end of 2020.

• Like 1

Just now, Grandma Cruising said:

So glad that you finally got most of your refund, let’s hope that it’s not too long before you get the rest.

Thanks Denise . . . it is a relief we have most of it now.

• Like 1

I requested a refund for our May 14 cruise on Pursuit on April 16 (the same day they sent me an email saying it was cancelled).  I received a partial refund in two transactions but short by $500, on May 14.  Strange coincidence that we got it on the day our cruise was supposed to leave.  I contacted our TA about the $500, she said she talked to Azamara and they said I'd get it in 2 to 3 weeks.  I don't understand the partial refund.  We didn't purchase anything extra, shore excursions, internet package, etc. so why can't they refund all the money at once?  But I'm happy to have as much back as I do.  I also got my United refund.  That one had me worried the most since their first response was we didn't "qualify" for a refund.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blag said:

Probably your deposit? 

We booked after final payment was due...so we paid everything at once.  I think the deposit is $550 pp?  I don't know.  I'm sure it will work out.  If not, I have plenty of time to call them.  Can't go anywhere...

We received the full refund into our accounts last week for our cancelled Journey Cruise ex Sydney on March 24.

We applied for the refund on line on March 20 however much later when enquiring with the call centre were told that our application was not processed until April 10, due to the huge number of refund requests.

We were also told that the refund would be paid into our accounts 45 days from when the application was processed. The call centre could also tell us the account numbers the funds were being paid into.

To our surprise, the monies arrived a week early. Hopefully everyone else will be settled shortly. It must be a mammoth task.

• Like 1

Been patiently waiting since 13 March (66 days) for Azamara to contribute (up to) $500 pp towards flight costs to get ourselves home after Quest dropped us off in Muscat instead of Dubai. Have chased, but it's a comms black hole.  Also, travel insurer won't process our claim until we get an email from Azamara confirming we'll be getting no part refund. (Az were generous with the FCC instead). 

Given priority of refunds and general mess, starting to think we'll never see either of these no matter what we try.. 

Happy to hear you have received your refund.We were booked on this cruise too. I checked in again with our T.A yesterday and was told no refund yet, they will enquire again in 2 weeks.I think for my stress level I will put this completely aside for the time being .

20 hours ago, Hamilton4007 said:

Has anyone heard anything about the 75% refund for the aborted cruise on Journey from Auckland on 9 March? Or about the airfare refund?

I got the 75% refund last week. The airfare refund came about 3 weeks ago, it was the first thing I got.

I wish you luck.  

On 5/16/2020 at 8:19 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

I presume those who are now receiving refunds to their credit cards booked direct with Azamara ?  Our deposit was direct to Azamara for our June 4th B2B although this was actually paid as an on board booking by a good friend to get maximum benefits. The booking was then transferred to a TA.  The balance being paid to our TA on a debit card.  

I wonder who will be refunded and how ?  My TA, my friend, or me ?

Well I know the answer to part of the above question.  My friend, who paid our deposit whilst making an on board booking with her credit card, has received the £500 deposit refund.

The balance was paid to my TA by debit card at the end of February and I understand from her that Azamara 'take' the payment from the TA's account on the due date.  My TA says that although she did receive some Celebrity credits yesterday, mine was not one of them.

I presume that since the deposit has been repaid now then Azamara have processed my account so it  is possibly on its way. 

Many on this board seem to have been repaid in a variety of ways.  Has anyone else, especially those in the UK, been in a similar situation? i.e:  the deposit refunded but still waiting for the balance.

After many emails to Azamara I eventually got a reply from Azamara U.K. customer services apologising for the delay in replying but explaining that they were overwhelmed and some refunds could take as long 60 days from the original date of sailing, ours was 17th March, and we should be refunded in 2 weeks. Our date of sailing was 10 weeks ago so that makes 70 days and counting, despite having had an email on the 15th April telling me our refund was being processed.

Now I realise that these are unprecedented times but a little honestly wouldn’t go amiss, as others on our sailing have received refunds I cannot see why all weren’t processed at the same time. Being thanked at the bottom of each email for my loyalty and understanding is wearing a little thin, my only rational for what’s happening is that because we booked a suite Azamara are holding on to the larger refunds to aid their cash flow.  By Azamara I mean Royal Caribbean as a group, but I would remind them I am a customer not a bank and should be treated equally with other customers.

• Like 3

John, I get the frustration, but suspect much of the lack of honesty by Azamara stems from being backed into a corner with an inundation of claims and most probably a lack of patience and understanding of the issues by some of the claimants. 

Glad to hear it looks like you now have an end date. 🤞

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recently our group of 10 decided to cancel our October Venice to Athens cruise. Only deposits had been paid and we were advised of the $75 pp cancellation fee. Our TA emailed a form to be signed and said it would be 60-90 days for the refund to appear. Imagine my surprise when the refund showed up on my credit card 3 days later! Well done Azamara. We will be back. 

• Like 1

I think it would help if there was an explanation here from Azamara as to why cruisers like Jimmyford51 has his refund processed so quickly whereas Riocca and others are still waiting and having delays of 60 days being quoted and a reality of 70 plus days happening.  That might help with the guests understanding (even if they disagree with the rationale of the differing approaches).  Its reflecting very badly on Azamara amongst one segment of its customer base.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2020 at 1:26 AM, avw said:

My refund amount is also short. On May 9, I received three refund transactions on my credit card for my April 26 cruise. (I didn't have any air, extras or prepaid items.) However, the total refund is short $414. Since you said they process refunds only on Sundays, I will wait to see if there is an additional credit this Sunday. Hope it's there, so I don't have to call.

I spoke to a pleasant Azamara rep today (after a 25 minute wait) about the remaining amount that hasn't been refunded to me  yet. She said that she can see that it is in process and should show up shortly. She confirmed that it appears that most refunds are being processed on Sunday nights, as someone else previously reported here. 

41 minutes ago, uktog said:

I think it would help if there was an explanation here from Azamara as to why cruisers like Jimmyford51 has his refund processed so quickly whereas Riocca and others are still waiting and having delays of 60 days being quoted and a reality of 70 plus days happening.  That might help with the guests understanding (even if they disagree with the rationale of the differing approaches).  Its reflecting very badly on Azamara amongst one segment of its customer base.

There does seem to be one common theme, USA get paid while U.K. wait 🙁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

John, I get the frustration, but suspect much of the lack of honesty by Azamara stems from being backed into a corner with an inundation of claims and most probably a lack of patience and understanding of the issues by some of the claimants. 

Glad to hear it looks like you now have an end date. 🤞

Phil 

Phil, I get the problems I really do but I’ve had too many false promises, could be the old “USA verses Others” thing, or they are deliberately being tardy with the larger refunds. Can’t say I find anything I’m being told believable anymore so certainly won’t be holding my breath on the latest promise.
Either way my patience is wearing thin, plus the fact our TA is “reminding” me about a balance payment due in 3 weeks when normally it’s a 7 day reminder.

The travel industry on a whole has not done itself any favours during this crisis after years of telling us how wonderful they are, weak management has been exposed.

• Like 3