Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I've mentioned Sam the Cooking Guy on YouTube before.  Here is Sam's take on homemade stuffed crust garlic bread pizza.  He uses a baking sheet and parchment paper rather than a pizza stone.  I still prefer the stone approach, but I'm definitely giving this a try.

Edit: But will obviously add mushrooms.  Goes without saying.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

Gosh no...cold stone.  I lightly flour it, then put my ball of dough on it.  Using large rolling pin, I roll it out very, very thin.  We adore thin crust pizza.  Once to the edges and uniform looking, into the preheated oven it goes at 400 degrees.  Pull it back out when starting to brown (about 8 minutes).  I let it cool on the pizza stone, then top it with any kind of creation of homemade toppings.  Then back into the oven it goes....Yum!  😋

We do too. That's the only way we could get our pizza from the pizza hangout in the small village I grew up in.  By the slice or the pie. And no stuffed crust for us either. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

Interesting.  All the instructions we found say to preheat the pizza stone, which does make sense.

We use a mixture of flour and corn meal on the pizza peel.  But we got much better results after pre-baking our crust for a few minutes.  Without pre-baking it was tough to get the raw dough with toppings to slide off on to the pizza stone.

A few times we've pre-heated the pizza stone, but rolled the dough out on a thin metal baking tray we have.  Pre-bake a few minutes, remove the  metal tray and pizza crust...pile on toppings and then back in until done.  I haven't fully convinced my wife, but to me the pizza that used the thin metal baking tray was just as good as putting the dough directly on the pizza stone.

That's the thing I like about making a homemade pizza...no two are ever the same.  

After over 40 years with my trusty pizza stone...we have a great relationship going.  The method I use, is it just simple for me and works.  😉  

As long as the pizza is on the table and ready to eat...can't go wrong either way.  Pour the wine!!  😄 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We do too. That's the only way we could get our pizza from the pizza hangout in the small village I grew up in.  By the slice or the pie. And no stuffed crust for us either. 

Me too. 👍

I figure the crust is just there to hold the toppings and keep them from falling on your lap. 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

That's the thing I like about making a homemade pizza...no two are ever the same.  After over 40 years with my trusty pizza stone...we have a great relationship going.  The method I use, is it just simple for me and works.  😉  As long as the pizza is on the table and ready to eat...can't go wrong either way.  Pour the wine!!  😄 

That's true.  We're going to make a pizza tonight...green pepper and onion...one of my favorites.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

That's true.  We're going to make a pizza tonight...green pepper and onion...one of my favorites.

Peppers...not a fan...but I have weird tastes anyway.  😉 

That Christmas eve. pizza picture I posted had chunks of fresh Pineapple on it from one of our plants we have growing around the house.  Cut and onto pizza in 20 minutes.  More chunks went into Bucky's rum drink.  😄 

20201218_123850.jpg

20201221_171128.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, island lady said:

I love..love spinach on my pizza.  Also do broccoli bits sometimes, that I steam ahead of time.

Gosh I  never a make a pizza without mushrooms.🤗  My preference is thick cut up fresh baby Portobellos. 

Most of the time I order a thick slice of pepperoni from the deli ahead of time, then I dice it up in small pieces, which is easier to eat, still gives it flavor, and less greasy. 

Indeed always onions as well...but peppers???  😜 Ugg....can't stand the things.  Bucky will most times dice up some Jalapenos, then sprinkle on top of this own slice after it's baked. 

I had to go back and reread this post as I thought I remembered you mentioning Jalapenos on pizza. Reminds me of a time in my other life when I was single again and use to hang out a bar called The Whole In The Wall. Great place to shoot pool, dance, drink and eat.  It was run by a biker and his ole' lady (sorry girls 😉). One of the many toppings to select from was sliced Jalapenos. You could have them backed on the pizza or put on after. Unfortunately he got closed down. Rumor has it on special orders he was using his own home grown oregano. I plead the 5th. 😎

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I had to go back and reread this post as I thought I remembered you mentioning Jalapenos on pizza. Reminds me of a time in my other life when I was single again and use to hang out a bar called The Whole In The Wall. Great place to shoot pool, dance, drink and eat.  It was run by a biker and his ole' lady (sorry girls 😉). One of the many toppings to select from was sliced Jalapenos. You could have them backed on the pizza or put on after. Unfortunately he got closed down. Rumor has it on special orders he was using his own home grown oregano. I plead the 5th. 😎

LOL....yeah that home grown oregano will get you into trouble every time.  Bucky's days of growing fresh Oregano are long over with. That was before he and I got together years ago.  

Now we stick to Pineapples.  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Do I see corn bread muffins in the baggie? 

Yup, best thing with rich chicken stew from scratch...homemade corn bread muffins!  😉 

Unfortunately my poor Valentines flowers have seen better days.  They are scheduled for visiting our garbage collection tomorrow..  😳

Edited by island lady

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, best thing with rich chicken stew from scratch...homemade corn bread muffins!  😉 

Unfortunately my poor Valentines flowers have seen better days.  They are scheduled for visiting our garbage collection tomorrow..  😳

I'll give you a double yum, yummy. Didn't notice the flowers (right on Bucky) as I only was focused on the food. 😉White wine? 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

As you know, my go to white wine is SB. But since you mentioned Cab, that's what I'll have for my HH. drink today. Cheers. 🍷

I used to drink more red wine...but now I am like you...SB is the go to wine indeed.  Have had to sub for Pinot Gris when different restaurants don't have a great SB. 

Bucky likes Cab, but even better...a good rich Red Zin.   He is like a deer in the headlights in the Red Zin department at Total wine...then comes over to check me out...and I am the deer in the SB aisle.  😄 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Lovely garden Missusdubbya.

Pauline is on the phone now to her cousin in Adelaide Australia.

It has been 102°F today over there.

We are sunny here in Brisbane today too. I hope Sarah recovers quickly Graham

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Me too, the sunshine and the lush greenery are awesome [though I don't drink wine 😁].

😁

6 hours ago, island lady said:

And you do have some truly wonderful wine in your area!!  Sigh...we were supposed to be cruising your north coast on Serenade right now. 😞   With a glass of that good wine on the balcony.  😉 

Maybe someday.  

Someday!

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful lush yard/garden.  Looks warm and sunny too!

Thanks, we are usually blessed with sunny weather in Brisbane 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1