Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I bet testing negative was one big load of stress relief!  Let’s all keep thinking positive.  You are going to love it.  Let us know your feeling once you board.  Looking forward to your post from the ship.

I will try my best to post stuff.  Oasis is my favorite so I am excited.

yes, having that test done was a great feeling.  We went to a local UrgiCare, CityMD.  No appointments so I was worried about that.  We arrived at 8:00am opening and all was done   within an hour! It is difficult getting a place that does the rapid test.  We certainly couldn’t wait three days for the regular test!!!

Graham, we went to McDonalds after, had a lovely breakfast 😁

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

So beautiful!

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The classic buzz cut. I love it. 

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Adorable boys, Dani!  

Truth to be told, I wouldn't mind some blond curls, like I've seen in your pictures....

Their father was blond for his 2 first years, and then he took a turn to "dark"... 😍

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I had a WMCA Good Guys shirt!  

We just got back from getting Covid test for Sunday.   NEGATIVE Yay for us.  Now I need to pack.

The shirt was yellow with black lettering,I seem to recall.

Good news that you “failed” your test- a negative is a positive regarding Covid!

Enjoy your travels !

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

For the Disney fans reading this thread, they announced yesterday a new fastpass system. 

https://thepointsguy.com/news/disney-genie-paid-fastpass/

My initial knee jerk reaction is not favorable as they are trying to extract more money from the guests. But I guess I will reserve judgment until they roll out the policy in the Fall and see what others say about it.

I was really disappointed when I heard that they are now charging for what used to be the free fastpass system. Not cool, man. They have also eliminated a bunch of other free things they used to offer at WDW, like the Magical Express and the magic bands. 

My biggest regret in life right now was purchasing Disneyland tickets in February 2020 for a planned trip that summer. Talk about bad timing. Now I'm stuck with these and I don't know when we will be able to make a trip there. And so much has changed since we planned the trip that got cancelled, I don't even really want to go for a good long while. I need to let all of the changes and new policies settle out first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I saw this on Instagram today @Sea Dog and thought of you (the gear, not the girl 😁).

Yes I’ve done gear like that with a live 2ghz wireless setup. She also has a longer lens which can make it front heavy. Probably about 35 pounds or more putting pressure on your back. Lots of fun 🤤

47 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Good news that you “failed” your test- a negative is a positive regarding Covid!

Enjoy your travels !

I do not remember wearing tee shirts when I was young but I have pictures of myself at ages 5,8 and 9 wearing tee shirts,all different ones.I wish that my parents saved them.The oldest tee I still have is one from my 50th.birthday

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

My DIL decided to buy an electric trimmer (?) to save on hair cutting....

First non-rev customers - below.

DS2 still on the fence 🤨

איתי ועמית.jpg

One of my daughters has been cutting her husbands hair and her dogs hair .She never cut hair prior to the pandemic.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Enjoy your travels !

Your memory is correct. I wish I could find it, I remember being so proud of it!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I was really disappointed when I heard that they are now charging for what used to be the free fastpass system. Not cool, man. They have also eliminated a bunch of other free things they used to offer at WDW, like the Magical Express and the magic bands. 

My biggest regret in life right now was purchasing Disneyland tickets in February 2020 for a planned trip that summer. Talk about bad timing. Now I'm stuck with these and I don't know when we will be able to make a trip there. And so much has changed since we planned the trip that got cancelled, I don't even really want to go for a good long while. I need to let all of the changes and new policies settle out first.

That sucks to have paid for tickets you no longer want.  Is there an expiration to those tickets?

Yeah, I was sad to read that they got rid of the Magical Express and no free Magic Bands for resort guests. 

We stayed at the Coronado Springs in 2018 and it was great to get off the plane at 7 AM (after red eye from CA) and just walk up to a bus with no line to be taken to the hotel without having to figure out my own transportation in my half dazed state on 5 hours of sleep on the plane.

20181223_070405.thumb.jpg.255dd8f97066e9fc0d054881bda69f96.jpg

20181231_125826.thumb.jpg.095e21f5f21da378ba4d430a1a93a7ef.jpg

It was very exciting to receive the magical bands few weeks prior to the trip. Don’t understand why it won’t be provided free anymore.  They can just add it to the room/package price instead of a la cart.  After paying thousands of dollars for a package, at least give me a free souvenir magic band...

1698289576_Screenshot2021-08-19100708.thumb.jpg.bc9f4081e74a509c91577ea15c96f0aa.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Disney is always very patriotic and everyday they have the Flag Retreat ceremony.  For Disneyland, it’s at 4:30 daily and the Disneyland Marching Band walks down Main Street and they perform many patriotic music pieces while they salute the various branches of Armed Services (Army/Navy/Air Force/Marines/Coast Guard) and thank all the men/women that served in each branch.  Then they played the National Anthem/God Bless America.

It’s like July 4 all over again. If anyone has served in the military, you should at least stop by here once to experience it.  This event isn’t well publicized or as well attended as it could be.  We have seen it several times. 

20210809_163829.thumb.jpg.e96a2f817cd56d496a854a0e8674ed91.jpg

134773706_Screenshot2021-08-17155519.thumb.jpg.d4b48e5f0ed5b79dc1f2533c3c4a679f.jpg

Here’s someone’s YouTube video that was recorded just few days before we were there as this one needs to be heard more than just watching couple of my photos:

Thanks for sharing the Flag Retreat Ceremony video, Harry.  I would have love to seen it in person.  They didn't have this when we were there.  They were still trying to figure things out at that point.  The park closed at 7pm so there was no fireworks either.

I love the marching band.  Reminds me of when my kids were in high school marching band and when my son was a drum major.

I love all things patriotic.  Fourth of July is my favorite holiday.  😊    

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

That sucks to have paid for tickets you no longer want.  Is there an expiration to those tickets?

Yeah, I was sad to read that they got rid of the Magical Express and no free Magic Bands for resort guests. 

Yes, they expire, but I was told that you don't lose the value of what you paid. You just have to pay the difference to reach whatever the current price is when you go. 

We were big fans of Magical Express, Magic Bands, and the dining plans at WDW. They made everything about the trip so much easier. They say they are going to bring back the dining plans, but still haven't yet, so I'm sure they are busy dreaming up new ways to charge significantly more for that, too.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My DIL decided to buy an electric trimmer (?) to save on hair cutting....

First non-rev customers - below.

DS2 still on the fence 🤨

איתי ועמית.jpg

I've been cutting hubby's hair since the beginning of the pandemic.  Got a bit of experience now and he seems quite happy with the results. Though he did pay his £10 at the barbers  and got it done properly for the wedding 

The kids look great, nice and cool I bet

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1